The metadata grabbed for the show, "The Equalizer", was showing the
poster for the older series (1985 - 1989), so I thought tvmaze.py
grabbed to wrong series.  I went to the metadata editor to correct this
and discovered that the correct inetref, season number, and episode
number were being used, just that it grabbed to wrong poster.

Is this an issue with the tvmaze site or a bug in the tvmaze grabber
scripts?

Jay
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
Could you please post the commands used by the frontend to grab this
episode?
Search in the frontend logs for "Running Grabber:".
How can I distinguish between the correct and the wrong poster?

Roland

Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/21 8:51 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
> Could you please post the commands used by the frontend to grab this
> episode?
> Search in the frontend logs for "Running Grabber:".
> How can I distinguish between the correct and the wrong poster?
>
> Roland
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:25 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com
> <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
> I recently upgraded to use the new tmdb3tv.py and tvmaze.py
> television
> metadata grabbers.  Thanks to those that helped me with my older 0.28
> version.
>
> The metadata grabbed for the show, "The Equalizer", was showing the
> poster for the older series (1985 - 1989), so I thought tvmaze.py
> grabbed to wrong series.  I went to the metadata editor to correct
> this
> and discovered that the correct inetref, season number, and episode
> number were being used, just that it grabbed to wrong poster.
>
> Is this an issue with the tvmaze site or a bug in the tvmaze grabber
> scripts?
>
> Jay

mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:12 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453
(RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N The
Equalizer It Takes a Village

mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:15 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453
(RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N 47929 It
Takes a Village

The correct poster shows Queen Latifah, the wrong one shows Edward Woodward.

Is it possible to use both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py at the same time.
For example, configure tvmaze.py as the Television metadata grabber
under Setup, but then manually set tmdb3tv.py_NNNN for those programs
that work better with tmdb?

Jay
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

> Is it possible to use both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py at the same
> time.  For example, configure tvmaze.py as the Television metadata
> grabber under Setup, but then manually set tmdb3tv.py_NNNN for
> those programs that work better with tmdb?

> Jay

Yes, if a grabber name is included in an inetref. that grabber is used
at that instance. The setting just is a default for grabbing new
inetrefs.

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> On 3/1/21 8:51 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>
> Could you please post the commands used by the frontend to grab this
> episode?
> Search in the frontend logs for "Running Grabber:".
> How can I distinguish between the correct and the wrong poster?
>
> Roland
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:25 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I recently upgraded to use the new tmdb3tv.py and tvmaze.py television
>> metadata grabbers. Thanks to those that helped me with my older 0.28
>> version.
>>
>> The metadata grabbed for the show, "The Equalizer", was showing the
>> poster for the older series (1985 - 1989), so I thought tvmaze.py
>> grabbed to wrong series. I went to the metadata editor to correct this
>> and discovered that the correct inetref, season number, and episode
>> number were being used, just that it grabbed to wrong poster.
>>
>> Is this an issue with the tvmaze site or a bug in the tvmaze grabber
>> scripts?
>>
>> Jay

> mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar 1 03:22:12 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453
> (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N The
> Equalizer It Takes a Village
>
> mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar 1 03:22:15 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453
> (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N 47929 It
> Takes a Village
>
> The correct poster shows Queen Latifah, the wrong one shows Edward
> Woodward.
>
> Is it possible to use both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py at the same time. For
> example, configure tvmaze.py as the Television metadata grabber under
> Setup, but then manually set tmdb3tv.py_NNNN for those programs that work
> better with tmdb?
>
> Jay

Yes, manually setting the grabber and the correct inetref should be
possible.
There is no "tvmaze.py -l en -a US -D 47929 <season> <episode>" in the log?

Roland
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/21 10:24 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com
> <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
> On 3/1/21 8:51 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>> Could you please post the commands used by the frontend to grab
>> this episode?
>> Search in the frontend logs for "Running Grabber:".
>> How can I distinguish between the correct and the wrong poster?
>>
>> Roland
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:25 PM Jay Foster
>> <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I recently upgraded to use the new tmdb3tv.py and tvmaze.py
>> television
>> metadata grabbers.  Thanks to those that helped me with my
>> older 0.28
>> version.
>>
>> The metadata grabbed for the show, "The Equalizer", was
>> showing the
>> poster for the older series (1985 - 1989), so I thought
>> tvmaze.py
>> grabbed to wrong series.  I went to the metadata editor to
>> correct this
>> and discovered that the correct inetref, season number, and
>> episode
>> number were being used, just that it grabbed to wrong poster.
>>
>> Is this an issue with the tvmaze site or a bug in the tvmaze
>> grabber
>> scripts?
>>
>> Jay

> mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:12 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N The
> Equalizer It Takes a Village
>
> mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:15 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N
> 47929 It Takes a Village
>
> The correct poster shows Queen Latifah, the wrong one shows Edward
> Woodward.
>
> Is it possible to use both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py at the same
> time.  For example, configure tvmaze.py as the Television metadata
> grabber under Setup, but then manually set tmdb3tv.py_NNNN for
> those programs that work better with tmdb?
>
> Jay
>
> Yes, manually setting the grabber and the correct inetref should be
> possible.
> There is no "tvmaze.py -l en -a US -D 47929 <season> <episode>" in the
> log?
>
> Roland

No, there is not.
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/21 10:43 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 3/1/21 10:24 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com
>> <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On 3/1/21 8:51 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>> Could you please post the commands used by the frontend to grab
>>> this episode?
>>> Search in the frontend logs for "Running Grabber:".
>>> How can I distinguish between the correct and the wrong poster?
>>>
>>> Roland
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:25 PM Jay Foster
>>> <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I recently upgraded to use the new tmdb3tv.py and tvmaze.py
>>> television
>>> metadata grabbers.  Thanks to those that helped me with my
>>> older 0.28
>>> version.
>>>
>>> The metadata grabbed for the show, "The Equalizer", was
>>> showing the
>>> poster for the older series (1985 - 1989), so I thought
>>> tvmaze.py
>>> grabbed to wrong series.  I went to the metadata editor to
>>> correct this
>>> and discovered that the correct inetref, season number, and
>>> episode
>>> number were being used, just that it grabbed to wrong poster.
>>>
>>> Is this an issue with the tvmaze site or a bug in the tvmaze
>>> grabber
>>> scripts?
>>>
>>> Jay

>> mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:12 mythbox
>> mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload
>> metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N
>> The Equalizer It Takes a Village
>>
>> mythmetadatalookup.log:Mar  1 03:22:15 mythbox
>> mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[9825]: I MetadataDownload
>> metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N
>> 47929 It Takes a Village
>>
>> The correct poster shows Queen Latifah, the wrong one shows
>> Edward Woodward.
>>
>> Is it possible to use both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py at the same
>> time.  For example, configure tvmaze.py as the Television
>> metadata grabber under Setup, but then manually set
>> tmdb3tv.py_NNNN for those programs that work better with tmdb?
>>
>> Jay
>>
>> Yes, manually setting the grabber and the correct inetref should be
>> possible.
>> There is no "tvmaze.py -l en -a US -D 47929 <season> <episode>" in
>> the log?
>>
>> Roland

> No, there is not.

So I manually changed the grabber for this one show (The Equalizer) from
tvmaze to tmdb3tv.  I know the metadata fetch ran, because now there is
a background artwork, but it is still the wrong series.  From the log:

Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I
MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 95205 It
Takes a Village
Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I
MetadataDownload metadatacommon.cpp:1202 (ParseMetadataItem) Result
Found, Season 1 Episode 4
Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I
MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:176 (run) Returning Metadata
Results: The Equalizer 1 4

Something strange is happening.  How is it that both tvmaze and tmdb3tv
pull the wrong artwork for the correct inetref number?  Is there any
chance that there is some stale/cached artwork overriding this somewhere?

Jay
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> So I manually changed the grabber for this one show (The Equalizer) from
> tvmaze to tmdb3tv. I know the metadata fetch ran, because now there is a
> background artwork, but it is still the wrong series. From the log:
>
> Mar 1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I
> MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 95205 It
> Takes a Village
> Mar 1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I
> MetadataDownload metadatacommon.cpp:1202 (ParseMetadataItem) Result Found,
> Season 1 Episode 4
> Mar 1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I
> MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:176 (run) Returning Metadata Results:
> The Equalizer 1 4
>
> Something strange is happening. How is it that both tvmaze and tmdb3tv
> pull the wrong artwork for the correct inetref number? Is there any chance
> that there is some stale/cached artwork overriding this somewhere?
>
> Jay

Jay,

MythTV does not refresh the downloaded images unless you do some additional
actions,
at least for the metadata for the programs to record or recorded programs.
Please look at his thread
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html

Additionally, the grabber scripts together with the programs using them are
responsible to
the result which is displayed on your screen. MythTV v0.28 is a kind of
outdated.
A procedure how to reproduce this behavior on MythTV master or v.31 is
really appreciated.

Roland
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On 3/2/21 2:01 PM, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com
> <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
> So I manually changed the grabber for this one show (The
> Equalizer) from tvmaze to tmdb3tv.  I know the metadata fetch ran,
> because now there is a background artwork, but it is still the
> wrong series.  From the log:
>
> Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N
> 95205 It Takes a Village
> Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatacommon.cpp:1202 (ParseMetadataItem) Result Found, Season 1
> Episode 4
> Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
> metadatadownload.cpp:176 (run) Returning Metadata Results: The
> Equalizer 1 4
>
> Something strange is happening.  How is it that both tvmaze and
> tmdb3tv pull the wrong artwork for the correct inetref number?  Is
> there any chance that there is some stale/cached artwork
> overriding this somewhere?
>
> Jay
>

> Jay,
>
> MythTV does not refresh the downloaded images unless you do some
> additional actions,
> at least for the metadata for the programs to record or recorded programs.
> Please look at his thread
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html
> <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html>
>
> Additionally, the grabber scripts together with the programs using
> them are responsible to
> the result which is displayed on your screen.  MythTV v0.28 is a kind
> of outdated.
> A procedure how to reproduce this behavior on MythTV master or v.31 is
> really appreciated.
>
> Roland

Thanks.  I tried the script, but it failed with

Deleting entry in recordedartwork table for for 'The Equalizer'.
Deleting coverart file '/home/mythtv/sg/coverart/The Equalizer Season
1_coverart.jpg' in storagegroup 'Coverart'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jay/bin/refresh_artwork.py", line 81, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/jay/bin/refresh_artwork.py", line 70, in main
    metadatajob = Job.fromRecorded(rec, JOBTYPE.METADATA,
hostname=be.hostname)
AttributeError: type object 'JOBTYPE' has no attribute 'METADATA'

The error was after it removed the artwork, so I proceeded anyway.  The
frontend then showed no poster or background artwork for the recording
(expected result).  I then ran a metadata lookup job.  Now the recording
shows the correct poster, but the wrong background artwork has reappeared.
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com> writes:

> On 3/2/21 2:01 PM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com
>> <mailto:jayf0ster@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>>
>> So I manually changed the grabber for this one show (The
>> Equalizer) from tvmaze to tmdb3tv.  I know the metadata fetch ran,
>> because now there is a background artwork, but it is still the
>> wrong series.  From the log:
>>
>> Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>> mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>> metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N
>> 95205 It Takes a Village
>> Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>> mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>> metadatacommon.cpp:1202 (ParseMetadataItem) Result Found, Season 1
>> Episode 4
>> Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>> mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>> metadatadownload.cpp:176 (run) Returning Metadata Results: The
>> Equalizer 1 4
>>
>> Something strange is happening.  How is it that both tvmaze and
>> tmdb3tv pull the wrong artwork for the correct inetref number?  Is
>> there any chance that there is some stale/cached artwork
>> overriding this somewhere?
>>
>> Jay
>>

>> Jay,
>>
>> MythTV does not refresh the downloaded images unless you do some
>> additional actions,
>> at least for the metadata for the programs to record or recorded programs.
>> Please look at his thread
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html
>> <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html>
>>
>> Additionally, the grabber scripts together with the programs using
>> them are responsible to
>> the result which is displayed on your screen.  MythTV v0.28 is a
>> kind of outdated.
>> A procedure how to reproduce this behavior on MythTV master or v.31
>> is really appreciated.

I have an up-to-date v31 from mythbuntu's ppa. I am encountering the
same issue as Jay reports. Here are the two lines from the log file
after I updated the inetref on a previously recorded show:

33166: Mar 4 06:18:33 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[103772]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
(run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 17

33210: Mar 4 06:18:38 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[103819]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
(run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 4

I think the first line is referring to an episode in the old series.

There is no line in the log file with the command that is being run, as
there was in 0.29.

Leo

Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM Leo Butler via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> I have an up-to-date v31 from mythbuntu's ppa. I am encountering the
> same issue as Jay reports. Here are the two lines from the log file
> after I updated the inetref on a previously recorded show:
>
> 33166: Mar 4 06:18:33 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[103772]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
> (run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 17
>
> 33210: Mar 4 06:18:38 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
> mythmetadatalookup[103819]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
> (run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 4
>
> I think the first line is referring to an episode in the old series.
>
> There is no line in the log file with the command that is being run, as
> there was in 0.29.
>
> Leo

There exist 1 movie and 3 tv recordings/series with the
name "The Equalizer".
Each of the TV grabber has deficiencies finding the episode
for "The Equalizer" "It Takes a Village".

tvmaze does not find a fanart, but displays the
correct coverart.

tmdb3tv does not find anything, only if you fill in
the correct season and episode numbers,
then it finds the correct coverart and fanart.

ttvdb returns metadata for the old series, one needs
to change the title to "The Equalizer (2021)".

As already said, it is necessary to remove the artworks
from the database and delete the files in the
storage groups to allow mythtv to update them again.

I found the following calls to the grabber scripts in the
log files for the frontend and mythmetadatalookup.log
(at the backend):

tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N "The Equalizer" "It Takes a Village"
tvmaze.py -l en -a US -N 47929 "It Takes a Village"
tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M "The Equalizer"
tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N "The Equalizer" "It Takes a Village"
tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 95205 "It Takes a Village"
tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -C 95205
ttvdb.py -l en -a US -M "The Equalizer"
ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N "The Equalizer (2021)" "It Takes a Village"
ttvdb.py -l en -a US -N 382327 "It Takes a Village"

The queries have been performed by
"E --> Metadata Options --> Perform Query" on the recording rule, and
"M --> Job Options --> Begin Metadata Lookup" on the recording itself.

Roland
Re: Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue [ In reply to ]

Thanks, Roland.

Leo