Mailing List Archive

Metadata Lookup – updating problems
Hi Folks!

Trying to update my system for using the new TV show information and
artwork metadata per
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021 and the
forum posts. I’m not understanding something somewhere.

My system uses MythTV version 30 under Ubuntu 18.04 so following Hika’s
“Manual Installation for older versions” portion. (Thank you!). I’ve
posted my notes for the 3^rd and 4^th update attempts
athttps://pastebin.com/hHRBqeDK . Unfortunately the original notes were
in LibreOffice and PasteBin only accepts text so all my indents, line
spacings, etc. are missing. I can e-mail the original as an attachment
or convert to PDF if someone wants to view. Will try to keep things
shorter for here.

I did update from Python 2.7.17 to Python 3.6.9. Also installed git 2.17.1

Hika: Make directory where to place it and go there

run: *sudo *git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv

Me: So created git ==> $HOME/git    cd to there and cloned.

Hika: install the following python modules if not yet there:

https://pypi.org/project/mysqlclient/ (etc.)

Me: At the end of attempt #3 found these files had not been installed –
thought they would be so why originally skipped.

At $HOME/git/mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python run /sudo python3 ./setup.py
install/

No apparent whinings (error messages) from Terminal.

Hika: Go to that directory

Me: Assuming $HOME/git/mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python

Hika: mv tmdb3 tmdb3.bak

Me: During Trials 1 and 2 I moved but didn’t make sense to, plus later
steps whined about tmdb3/tmdb3 missing. In Trials 3 and 4 tried cp and
no whinings but…

Hika: copy from the above downloaded git files the tmdb3 and tvmaze
directory into this MythTV directory:

sudo cp -rp ...mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/tmdb3/tmdb3/ .
sudo cp -rp ...mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/tvmaze/ .

Me: Now I’m really confused as to what subdir I should be in! Assuming
$HOME/git/mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python but the second command gives an
error: cp: '/home/barry/git/mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/tvmaze/' and
'./tvmaze' are the same file”

Hika has a section on Python modules again. And I just noticed was
python2 (earlier python3). I’m still confused which subdir I should be in.

Hika: Go to the location of the graberfiles in:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/

Me: cd over to there, do the two cp steps, substituting ‘...’ to
‘$HOME/git’ – no whinings.

Then we get to Hika’s section on checking the first line of tvmaze.py
and tmdb3tv.py. Assuming I want python3 as updated to Python 3.

Also noted */usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py*has only ‘python’.
Switched that to ‘python3’.

The testing at the very end – probably tells where and what I screwed up:

Tests:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M Monk

barry@M58:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie$
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t

Failed to import python lxml library.

Failed to import MythTV bindings. Check your `configure` output to make
sure installation was not disabled due to external dependencies

Failed to import PyTVmaze library. This should have been included with
the python MythTV bindings.

sudo shutdown -r now ==> reload stuff?? Nope. :(

<later> trying this test:

barry@M58:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a
US -M Monk

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in
<module>

sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))

File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main

from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/MythTV/__init__.py", line
37, in <module>

from .connections import dbmodule

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/MythTV/connections.py",
line 17, in <module>

import lxml.etree as etree

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'

So as you can probably tell I’m almost clueless and have to be told
which end of the spoon to pick up. <joke> I know way too long a post but
I have no idea where I’m going wrong so no idea where to start nor end.

TIA,

Barry
Re: Metadata Lookup – updating prob lems [ In reply to ]
Hoi Barry,

Saturday, February 27, 2021, 11:02:44 PM, you wrote:

> [...]

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
>
> sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
>
> File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main
>
> from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler
>
> File
> "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/MythTV/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
>
> from .connections import dbmodule
>
> File
> "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/MythTV/connections.py", line 17, in <module>
>
> import lxml.etree as etree
>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'
>

> So as you can probably tell I’m almost clueless and have to
> be told which end of the spoon to pick up. <joke> I know way
> too long a post but I have no idea where I’m going wrong

Barry, if you read properly you either install the complete 31
bindings under python3 or you update the existing bindings under
python2. Not both!

And next you update the grabberfiles themselves.

Also look at the indentations!

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven