Mailing List Archive

UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide
Sky Arts was recently added to the UK Freeview service and I've added it to
my lineup.

MythTV is recording unwanted duplicates of the same episode. I assume this
is because the onairguide data for that channel carries different programid
values for the same episode:

mysql> select chanid, programid,title,subtitle from program where
chanid=20011 and title like "%landscape%";
+--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| chanid | programid | title |
subtitle |
+--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061104 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
| 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061174 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
| 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061306 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
| 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061256 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
| 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060807 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
| 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060843 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
+--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+

(I haven't listed the descriptions because they're too wordy, but they're
are identical for each of the two episodes above. Series and Episode
numbers match as well)

All duplicate matching options in the mythtv scheduler seem to use
programid first and, if they're different then it doesn't flag a duplicate
even if Title,Subtitle,Description etc. are the same?

I haven't come across this issue before - is it a feature of Sky program
data?

At the moment I am creating 'ignore' rules for the subsequent showings. Is
there a better way? Sod's law says that there are about 8 showings of each
episode of this series during each week - I have come to the last episode
though.
Re: UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide [ In reply to ]
On 20/02/2021 11:19, David Watkins wrote:
> Sky Arts was recently added to the UK Freeview service and I've added it
> to my lineup.
>
> MythTV is recording unwanted duplicates of the same episode.  I assume
> this is because the onairguide data for that channel carries different
> programid values for the same episode:
>
> mysql> select chanid, programid,title,subtitle from program where
> chanid=20011 and title like "%landscape%";
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
> | chanid | programid               | title                        |
> subtitle                                |
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061104 <http://www.sky.com/g_s45061104> |
> Landscape Artist Of The Year | West Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061174 <http://www.sky.com/g_s45061174> |
> Landscape Artist Of The Year | West Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061306 <http://www.sky.com/g_s45061306> |
> Landscape Artist Of The Year | West Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061256 <http://www.sky.com/g_s45061256> |
> Landscape Artist Of The Year | West Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060807 <http://www.sky.com/g_s45060807> |
> Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
> |  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060843 <http://www.sky.com/g_s45060843> |
> Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
>

> (I haven't listed the descriptions because they're too wordy, but
> they're are identical for each of the two episodes above.  Series and
> Episode numbers match as well)
>
> All duplicate matching options in the mythtv scheduler seem to use
> programid first and, if they're different then it doesn't flag a
> duplicate even if Title,Subtitle,Description etc. are the same?
>
> I haven't come across this issue before - is it a feature of Sky program
> data?
>
> At the moment I am creating 'ignore' rules for the subsequent showings.
> Is there a better way?  Sod's law says that there are about 8 showings
> of each episode of this series during each week - I have come to the
> last episode though.

I hadn't investigated this, but I have foundthat some recorded
programmes there are reported as 'unrecorded' in the EIT -while they do
show up on the 'previously recorded' page...

Re: UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide [ In reply to ]
On 20/02/2021 11:19, David Watkins wrote:
> Sky Arts was recently added to the UK Freeview service and I've added it to
> my lineup.
>
> MythTV is recording unwanted duplicates of the same episode. I assume this
> is because the onairguide data for that channel carries different programid
> values for the same episode:
>
> mysql> select chanid, programid,title,subtitle from program where
> chanid=20011 and title like "%landscape%";
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
> | chanid | programid | title |
> subtitle |
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
> | 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061104 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> | 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061174 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> | 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061306 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> | 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061256 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
> Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
> | 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060807 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
> Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
> | 20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060843 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
> Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
> +--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
>

> (I haven't listed the descriptions because they're too wordy, but they're
> are identical for each of the two episodes above. Series and Episode
> numbers match as well)
>
> All duplicate matching options in the mythtv scheduler seem to use
> programid first and, if they're different then it doesn't flag a duplicate
> even if Title,Subtitle,Description etc. are the same?
>
> I haven't come across this issue before - is it a feature of Sky program
> data?
>
> At the moment I am creating 'ignore' rules for the subsequent showings. Is
> there a better way? Sod's law says that there are about 8 showings of each
> episode of this series during each week - I have come to the last episode
> though.

It might not be just Sky Arts - although I rescanned a while back to fix the channels when that one
changed. I am using SD-json, though, so my problem might be different and elsewhere.

I have noticed situations where, for example, it would not record an 'Only Connect' episode because
it insisted that it was a repeat from last November; 'University Challenge' episodes where the same
teams meet again in different rounds were ignored; a 'Most Scenic Railway Journeys' was new but
flagged and described as an earlier episode. I had to manually over-ride all of those with prejudice
to get a recording. There are probably other examples.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide [ In reply to ]

> It might not be just Sky Arts - although I rescanned a while back to fix
> the channels when that one
> changed. I am using SD-json, though, so my problem might be different and
> elsewhere.
>
> I have noticed situations where, for example, it would not record an 'Only
> Connect' episode because
> it insisted that it was a repeat from last November; 'University
> Challenge' episodes where the same
> teams meet again in different rounds were ignored; a 'Most Scenic Railway
> Journeys' was new but
> flagged and described as an earlier episode. I had to manually over-ride
> all of those with prejudice
> to get a recording. There are probably other examples.
>
> --

Mostly I'm using SD-json with a Schedules Direct account for my guide
data. I was using the onairguide for Sky Arts because when I added it to
my lineup I got nothing for that channel and assumed I'd fat-fingered
something.

Now I've gone through the setup more carefully I find that running
tv_grab_zz_sdjson fetches the Sky Arts channel information correctly:

<channel id="I24919.json.schedulesdirect.org">
<display-name>Sky Arts</display-name>
<display-name>SKYART1</display-name>
<display-name>11</display-name>
<icon src="
https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/assets/stationLogos/s24919_dark_360w_270h.png"
width="360" height="270" />
</channel>

but fetches no programmes matching that channel id.

....so I've gone back to using the onairguide for Sky Arts.

I'm starting to think there's something screwy with Sky's programme data?
Re: UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 17:06:59 +0000
David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mostly I'm using SD-json with a Schedules Direct account for my guide
> data. I was using the onairguide for Sky Arts because when I added
> it to my lineup I got nothing for that channel and assumed I'd
> fat-fingered something.
>
> Now I've gone through the setup more carefully I find that running
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson fetches the Sky Arts channel information correctly:
>
> <channel id="I24919.json.schedulesdirect.org">
> <display-name>Sky Arts</display-name>
> <display-name>SKYART1</display-name>
> <display-name>11</display-name>
> <icon src="
> https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/assets/stationLogos/s24919_dark_360w_270h.png"
> width="360" height="270" />
> </channel>
>
> but fetches no programmes matching that channel id.
>
> ....so I've gone back to using the onairguide for Sky Arts.
>
> I'm starting to think there's something screwy with Sky's programme
> data?

I'm using schedules direct and it is fetching program information for
Sky Arts. The xmltv fragment is:

<channel id="24919">
<display-name>Sky Arts</display-name>
<display-name>SKYART1</display-name>
<display-name>11</display-name>
<icon
src="https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/assets/stationLogos/s24919_dark_360w_270h.png"
height="270" width="360" />
</channel>

Note that I have a different channel id from you. I suspect that is
because I use channel-id-format=mythtv which is unlikely to make a
difference.

Also I do not get different programid values for the same
episode.

Steve
Steve Evans E-mail: mailto:stevee@gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html
Re: UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide [ In reply to ]

> I'm using schedules direct and it is fetching program information for
> Sky Arts. The xmltv fragment is:
>
> <channel id="24919">
> <display-name>Sky Arts</display-name>
> <display-name>SKYART1</display-name>
> <display-name>11</display-name>
> <icon
> src="
> https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/assets/stationLogos/s24919_dark_360w_270h.png
> "
> height="270" width="360" />
> </channel>
>
> Note that I have a different channel id from you. I suspect that is
> because I use channel-id-format=mythtv which is unlikely to make a
> difference.
>
> Also I do not get different programid values for the same
> episode.
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve,

That certainly rules out a few things and it's encouraging to know that
Schedules Direct will work if I set it up right.

I wonder what I've done wrong? I changed the channel-id-format to mythtv
but as you suspected, that didn't make a difference.

I'll look into the version of xmltv that I'm using and maybe how I've
configured it. I've always just selected channels rather than lineups, but
I can't see how would change anything?
Re: UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 at 18:24, David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm using schedules direct and it is fetching program information for
>> Sky Arts. The xmltv fragment is:
>>
>> <channel id="24919">
>> <display-name>Sky Arts</display-name>
>> <display-name>SKYART1</display-name>
>> <display-name>11</display-name>
>> <icon
>> src="
>> https://schedulesdirect-api20141201.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/assets/stationLogos/s24919_dark_360w_270h.png
>> "
>> height="270" width="360" />
>> </channel>
>>
>> Note that I have a different channel id from you. I suspect that is
>> because I use channel-id-format=mythtv which is unlikely to make a
>> difference.
>>
>> Also I do not get different programid values for the same
>> episode.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Thanks Steve,
>
> That certainly rules out a few things and it's encouraging to know that
> Schedules Direct will work if I set it up right.
>
> I wonder what I've done wrong? I changed the channel-id-format to mythtv
> but as you suspected, that didn't make a difference.
>
> I'll look into the version of xmltv that I'm using and maybe how I've
> configured it. I've always just selected channels rather than lineups, but
> I can't see how would change anything?

Schedules Direct is working for me now.

I'm not really sure what I did - a bit of tidying up of the various config
files and xml captures that I'd generated when I was testing, and when I
re-ran the capture the Sky Arts programmes were there.

Maybe I wasn't running the config file I thought I was, or there could have
been a cacheing issue - or perhaps I just needed to believe?

Anyway, thanks all for the help