Mailing List Archive

v31-fixes: Problems with fast forward and skipping
Hi All,
I've just upgraded my mythtv server to 31.0+fixes.202102081459.ba4036099f and am experiencing a few problems whenever I try to skip forward in a recording more than a couple of times in quick succession.

The picture freezes and the following appears in the logs with the "waited" milliseconds incrementing:

> Feb 16 11:22:39 lisa mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[353845]: W Decoder mythplayer.cpp:3089 (HandleDecoderCallback) Waited 258500ms for Destroy OpenGL interop

I was using the High Quality VDPAU profile but I get the same when I try the OpenGL profile too.

This is on an AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU with an NVidia GeForce GT 1030 GPU and 32GB or RAM running Ubuntu 20.10. Combined frontend and backend.

Any advice on what I can do to figure out how to fix this would be hugely appreciated.

Everything else is working very, very well! I love my mythtv!

Cheers,

Doug
--
"The big print giveth and the small print taketh away."