Thanks
James

PS avi cause my samsung chokes on uPnP mp4 container, but it's USB media chokes on avi and plays the mp4 (in each case the streams are unaltered)
videos anf scal [ In reply to ]
> I have a place for movies
>
> /store/Movies/Myth-A Myth-B .. Myth-Z
>
> I put an Attenbourgh clip under -A
>
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1001]% find /store/Movies/ -name 'Galapagos*'
> /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos 1x02.avi.map
> /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos 1x02.avi
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1001]%
>
> But the clip appears under Myth-E
>
> Nothing in the meta data hints at that.
>
> If I scan an empty directory (/store/Movies) then put all my movies back and scan again (cleaning the db then start from scratch) will I lose my (hard gained) metadata ?
>
> Thanks
> James
>
> PS avi cause my samsung chokes on uPnP mp4 container, but it's USB media chokes on avi and plays the mp4 (in each case the streams are unaltered)

* I scanned an empty Movies directory
* restored the files
* scanned

All meta data was gone
Files were still in wrong folder ie File located in Myth-A appeared in Myth-E (as above)

* I restored the database to recover meta data

opinion wanted:
Have I pushed my db past it’s limits ?
It is very hard to file a bug

"Steps to reproduce” - take my files, scan them, see they go to wrong directory. :-)

James

Re: videos anf scal [ In reply to ]

> All meta data was gone
> Files were still in wrong folder ie File located in Myth-A appeared in
> Myth-E (as above)

Have you played with the various browse modes?

From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library

To change Metadata Browse Modes, Press the "M" (MENU) and select "Browse

Re: videos anf scal [ In reply to ]
> On 21 Jan 2021, at 4:59 pm, David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> All meta data was gone
> Files were still in wrong folder ie File located in Myth-A appeared in Myth-E (as above)
>

> Have you played with the various browse modes?
>
> From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library
>
> To change Metadata Browse Modes, Press the "M" (MENU) and select "Browse By...". You can then select which metadata browse mode to switch to.
> Currently available Metadata Browse Modes include:
> • Folder (Default)
> • Cast
> • Genre
> • Category
> • Director
> • Studio
> • Year
> • User Rating
> • TV/Movies

It turned out to be my old friend duplicate hashes.
I'm being very careful to not call the stupid-hashes "stupid_hashes" after all someone must have thought that they were a good idea.
I suspect that the cut list editor contributes to the very high incidence (one a year) of clashes each of which has taken days to resolve (boy I'm a slow learner)
Seeing the fault NOT go away in various views or browse modes started the bell ringing, so thanks for the suggestion
James

Re: videos anf scal [ In reply to ]
> On 21 Jan 2021, at 8:45 pm, James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 21 Jan 2021, at 4:59 pm, David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> All meta data was gone
>> Files were still in wrong folder ie File located in Myth-A appeared in Myth-E (as above)
>>

>> Have you played with the various browse modes?
>>
>> From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library
>>
>> To change Metadata Browse Modes, Press the "M" (MENU) and select "Browse By...". You can then select which metadata browse mode to switch to.
>> Currently available Metadata Browse Modes include:
>> • Folder (Default)
>> • Cast
>> • Genre
>> • Category
>> • Director
>> • Studio
>> • Year
>> • User Rating
>> • TV/Movies
>
> It turned out to be my old friend duplicate hashes.
> I'm being very careful to not call the stupid-hashes "stupid_hashes" after all someone must have thought that they were a good idea.
> I suspect that the cut list editor contributes to the very high incidence (one a year) of clashes each of which has taken days to resolve (boy I'm a slow learner)
> Seeing the fault NOT go away in various views or browse modes started the bell ringing, so thanks for the suggestion

Just to show that info incase it is ov value to someone

[sandypit] /home/jam [1005]% hashDups /store/Movies/
----------------------
now doing names
----------------------
[number of files] 1374
--------------------------------
now doing hash on files
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
now doing hash check
--------------------------------
[targ] /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos 1x02.avi ed8833a0a776356f
[dup] /store/Movies/Myth-E/The Equalizer.avi

[sandypit] /home/jam [1012]% md5sum /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos\ 1x02.avi
5b56c446d3ea088456caf91dac4e6789 /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos 1x02.avi
[sandypit] /home/jam [1013]% md5sum /store/Movies/Myth-E/The\ Equalizer.avi
8710fe09975f9ee4fa3feb07d8228330 /store/Movies/Myth-E/The Equalizer.avi

I then slightly edited one file to change the hash
James
Re: videos anf scal [ In reply to ]
On 2021-01-21 13:02, James Linder wrote:
> [targ] /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos 1x02.avi ed8833a0a776356f
> [dup] /store/Movies/Myth-E/The Equalizer.avi
>
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1012]% md5sum /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos\
> 1x02.avi
> 5b56c446d3ea088456caf91dac4e6789 /store/Movies/Myth-A/Galapagos
> 1x02.avi
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1013]% md5sum /store/Movies/Myth-E/The\
> Equalizer.avi
> 8710fe09975f9ee4fa3feb07d8228330 /store/Movies/Myth-E/The
> Equalizer.avi
>
> I then slightly edited one file to change the hash
> James

I like being able to rename files and have myth find them again, so I
like the idea of the hashes. I also understand that the backend can't
run a hash of the entire file as that could take days.

Are these two files the same length? Maybe the MythTV file checking
should include file length too.

Cheers,
Tim.