Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  View All
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
On 01/03/2021 11:39, James wrote:

>> On 1 Mar 2021, at 7:06 pm, Dennis Alders <dennis.alders@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> James,
>> I am interested in the h2643cut.sh script. Could you share it with me?
>
> Dennis it is here
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/h264cut.sh
>
> I have a directory structure
> /store
> searching eg 0301 lets you choose the recording
> you need a work dir. Mine is /store/TScut_work
> Finally my destination hierachy is. /store/Movies/Myth-A .. Myth-Z
> <enter> chooses the destination based on name, but you can override eg I don't want 'The Jackal' stored under Myth-T rather Myth-J
>
> but heck it's a bash script, hack it as you will.
> I've not had a failure in 100s of cuts.
>
> James

>>> Also
>>> cut the video
>>>
>>> I've got an h263cut.sh based on what someone posted a year or 2 ago
>>> generate a cutlist-times
>>> use mythffmpeg to cut each segment based on those times
>>> use mythffmpeg to concat each segment
>>>
>>> When all is done, a minute, the resultant file has no errors
>>>
>>> Mail me if anyone wants a copy
>>> James

Hi James: You kindly sent me that script at the time. I had to hack it
because I didn't have your directory structure, but when I got it
working the results had serious A/V sync problems.

I noticed that it used the 'demux' mode of concat in ffmpeg, rather than
the 'protocol' version, and I have tweaked one of my scripts the do the
same. I'm still experimenting and am now reasonably happy - but I'm
still not sure why I got the A/V sync problem and you presumably don't.

John P
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Mar 2021, at 8:43 pm, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi James: You kindly sent me that script at the time. I had to hack it because I didn't have your directory structure, but when I got it working the results had serious A/V sync problems.
>
> I noticed that it used the 'demux' mode of concat in ffmpeg, rather than the 'protocol' version, and I have tweaked one of my scripts the do the same. I'm still experimenting and am now reasonably happy - but I'm still not sure why I got the A/V sync problem and you presumably don't.

John I'm sure one is got by the 'fine print' Certainly none of the AU stations do this, I'll be curious what Dennis experiences.

Cheers
James
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> writes:

> On 01/03/2021 11:39, James wrote:
>>
>>> On 1 Mar 2021, at 7:06 pm, Dennis Alders <dennis.alders@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> James,
>>> I am interested in the h2643cut.sh script. Could you share it with me?
>> Dennis it is here
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/h264cut.sh
>> I have a directory structure
>> /store
>> searching eg 0301 lets you choose the recording
>> you need a work dir. Mine is /store/TScut_work
>> Finally my destination hierachy is. /store/Movies/Myth-A .. Myth-Z
>> <enter> chooses the destination based on name, but you can override eg I don't want 'The Jackal' stored under Myth-T rather Myth-J
>> but heck it's a bash script, hack it as you will.
>> I've not had a failure in 100s of cuts.
>> James

> Hi James: You kindly sent me that script at the time. I had to hack
> it because I didn't have your directory structure, but when I got it
> working the results had serious A/V sync problems.
>
> I noticed that it used the 'demux' mode of concat in ffmpeg, rather
> than the 'protocol' version, and I have tweaked one of my scripts the
> do the same. I'm still experimenting and am now reasonably happy -
> but I'm still not sure why I got the A/V sync problem and you
> presumably don't.

I would guess that the audio and video in your recordings are more out
of alignment. I found that when I was using the concat demuxer.

I would recommend using the concat filter

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#concat-3

This allows one to cut and transcode in one pass, whereas with the
concat demuxer, one needs two passes.

I have implemented this (in guile scheme)

https://git.sdf.org/nb0yjxtr/ffmpeg-mythtv.git

See:

https://git.sdf.org/nb0yjxtr/ffmpeg-mythtv/src/branch/master/ffmpeg-myth.scm

Leo