that makes it do that - but can anyone tell me what that step is?

Also, I've found that when setting a program to record I can't select a
different recording template to the "Default" one. Why is that?
Re: Recording templates [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 16:31:20 +1100, you wrote:

>I've just rebuilt my MythTV backend as I was having issues with failed
>recordings. My old setup had a recording template for recording movies. If
>a program was a movie it would use that template when I set it to record.
>
>I've set up a similar template in my new system, but when I try to record
>movies it doesn't select the Movies template. I must have missed a step
>that makes it do that - but can anyone tell me what that step is?

I think it depends on the EPG data saying a programme is a Movie.
Since my EPG data has never had reliable categories, I have never
tried doing this.

>Also, I've found that when setting a program to record I can't select a
>different recording template to the "Default" one. Why is that?

Once you create a rule, you can then apply a template to it by editing
the recording rule (E) then M (Menu) > Use Template
Re: Recording templates [ In reply to ]
On 12/22/2020 04:43 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 16:31:20 +1100, you wrote:
>
>> I've just rebuilt my MythTV backend as I was having issues with failed
>> recordings. My old setup had a recording template for recording movies. If
>> a program was a movie it would use that template when I set it to record.
>>
>> I've set up a similar template in my new system, but when I try to record
>> movies it doesn't select the Movies template. I must have missed a step
>> that makes it do that - but can anyone tell me what that step is?
> I think it depends on the EPG data saying a programme is a Movie.
> Since my EPG data has never had reliable categories, I have never
> tried doing this.

Specifically, when a recording rule is created, MythTV first tries to
use a recording rule template whose name matches the guide-data-provided
category of the program, then the guide-data-provided category type of
the program. If neither is found, it will use the default template.

So, if your guide data uses the word "Movies" for movies, you'd need to
call your template "Movies". If it uses "Movie", you'd need to call it
"Movie."

Mike