IE nothing. Browse shows the image. I can see no pattern, or logic when it works and when it does not. Frustratingly I can use an image that I've used else where.
Can anyone share any secrets?
James
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
> On 10 Dec 2020, at 9:38 pm, James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> Sometimes the artwork for coverart is not retrived, sometimes there is none eg 'attenborough extinction'.
> I make a clip with gimp. Oten that works but often too
> [x] coverart [done]
> results in
> [ ] coverart
>
> IE nothing. Browse shows the image. I can see no pattern, or logic when it works and when it does not. Frustratingly I can use an image that I've used else where.
> Can anyone share any secrets?

Having just posted this i reset details (I->Change ->reset) and an image that does work else where does not work

James

Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 14:38:34 CET schrieb James Linder:
> Sometimes the artwork for coverart is not retrived, sometimes there is none
> eg 'attenborough extinction'. I make a clip with gimp. Oten that works but

Jep, ttvdb decided it's a good idea to have covers per language, but most
contributors there either ignore it, or just have the english one.

You can see that when running:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a EN -N 276312 Matanzas
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -a DE -N 276312 Matanzas

The first has coverart in it's output, the second not.

There was a bugreport about that: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13424
but it was closed as fixed. For me it didn't work either, that's why I tried to
fix it 1,5 years ago: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/180

My fix wasn't accepted, because it introduced a global var iirc, but 2 month
ago there have been additional commits there. For me they don't work.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr

Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
On 10/12/2020 14:21, Werner Mahr wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 14:38:34 CET schrieb James Linder:
>> Sometimes the artwork for coverart is not retrived, sometimes there is none
>> eg 'attenborough extinction'. I make a clip with gimp. Oten that works but
>
> Jep, ttvdb decided it's a good idea to have covers per language, but most
> contributors there either ignore it, or just have the english one.
>
> You can see that when running:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a EN -N 276312 Matanzas
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -a DE -N 276312 Matanzas
>
> The first has coverart in it's output, the second not.
>
> There was a bugreport about that: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13424
> but it was closed as fixed. For me it didn't work either, that's why I tried to
> fix it 1,5 years ago: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/180
>
> My fix wasn't accepted, because it introduced a global var iirc, but 2 month
> ago there have been additional commits there. For me they don't work.

There were a few commits to address this 2 days ago......

in order (the last one is the one you actually need)

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8d6eaf2888f571c7e4c7d21b0909082c772ac659
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/735802a37a3e10792deb6d3b1a74be93fc4bdde9
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/2940cbcaa26d22b65070ea5871db7b72b1c96fbc

Regards