Paul? Thanks for doing this theme, we look forward to it every year. I wanted to ask if it would be possible to change the theme to include season/episode numbers in the listed titles? I have several recordings that have many episodes, and it is hard to figure out what I want to watch using the Christmas theme.

Again, thanks for you efforts on this, I hope this gets you off the naughty list!

Tony
Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
On 01/12/2020 15:03, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> Paul?  Thanks for doing this theme, we look forward to it every year.
> I wanted to ask if it would be possible to change the theme to include
> season/episode numbers in the listed titles?  I have several
> recordings that have many episodes, and it is hard to figure out what
> I want to watch using the Christmas theme.
>
> Again, thanks for you efforts on this, I hope this gets you off the
> naughty list!
>
> Tony

Hi Tony,

I can have a look at doing that. What theme do you use normally? Just so
I can have a look at how they did it to save a little time  :)

Paul H.
Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
I normally use monochrome 3.1

Thanks again

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
On 01/12/2020 15:03, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> Paul?  Thanks for doing this theme, we look forward to it every year.
> I wanted to ask if it would be possible to change the theme to include
> season/episode numbers in the listed titles?  I have several
> recordings that have many episodes, and it is hard to figure out what
> I want to watch using the Christmas theme.
>
> Again, thanks for you efforts on this, I hope this gets you off the
> naughty list!
>
> Tony

OK I've been playing about with adding the season and episode. I ended
up adding it to the recording list and the details area as well as
adding the year if it's a film. I also added the program category and
first aired date to the details area. The first aired date is
interesting because it always sparks some conversion along the lines of
'Was it really 30 years ago when that was first on the TV' :)

Both themes are updated, just helps to maintain them if they are both in
sync with each other. MythCenterXMAS has also got 6 new background images.

I did realize while working on this what you use for the long and short
date formats will affect how the themes look. I use 'dd/mm/yyyy' for the
long date format and 'dd/mm' for the short date format.

I'm no themer unfortunately so hope it's something like you want :)

Merry Christmas

Paul H.

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 5, 2020, 11:12 AM Paul Harrison <mythtv@mythqml.net> wrote:

> On 01/12/2020 15:03, Tony Guadagno wrote:
>
> Paul? Thanks for doing this theme, we look forward to it every year. I
> wanted to ask if it would be possible to change the theme to include
> season/episode numbers in the listed titles? I have several recordings
> that have many episodes, and it is hard to figure out what I want to watch
> using the Christmas theme.
>

> Again, thanks for you efforts on this, I hope this gets you off the
> naughty list!
>

> Tony
>

> OK I've been playing about with adding the season and episode. I ended up
> adding it to the recording list and the details area as well as adding the
> year if it's a film. I also added the program category and first aired date
> to the details area. The first aired date is interesting because it always
> sparks some conversion along the lines of 'Was it really 30 years ago when
> that was first on the TV' :)
>

> Both themes are updated, just helps to maintain them if they are both in
> sync with each other. MythCenterXMAS has also got 6 new background images.
>

> I did realize while working on this what you use for the long and short
> date formats will affect how the themes look. I use 'dd/mm/yyyy' for the
> long date format and 'dd/mm' for the short date format.
>

> I'm no themer unfortunately so hope it's something like you want :)
>

> Merry Christmas
>
> Paul H.

I just installed it. Looks great. I like the addition of episode numbers.

Jim A

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
On 05/12/2020 17:06, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> Paul, thanks so much, I can't wait to see them... Do you know when
> they will be ready for download?
>
> Tony

Looks like I just made it in time to have the 4pm sync pick the changes
up so it should be available now in the theme chooser.

The themes are updated at 4am and 4pm UTC although it can take up to 30
minutes for the ftp server to catch up sometimes.

Another thing I did notice is the theme chooser, at least in master, is
a bit fragile and it's better to restart the frontend fully so the theme
will reload properly and sometimes you have to download the theme twice
for it to stick \0/

Paul H.

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
Paul, I know this is not your issue but maybe you could point me in the right direction. I have been refreshing downloads all weekend and I still only see 1.9 (kids 1.0). I have tried to reboot the frontend and re-applied the 1.9 and I am not seeing the changes. What can I do to force the new version?

Thanks again

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
Hi Tony,

What version of MythTV are you running?
The themes are packaged for specific versions

Regards
Stuart

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
29.current

Tony

Re: Christmas theme feature request? [ In reply to ]
I only backported the new changes as far as 30. Unfortunately 29 is just
a little too old to have to maintain updates for.

You could download the theme direct from the OSL ftp server and install
that to the same folder the theme is at now.

http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/31/MythCenterXMAS-wide-1.11_31.zip

http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/31/MythCenterXMASKIDS-wide-1.2_31.zip

Paul H.