Mailing List Archive

Strange myth backend connection problem
Hi all,

I've been having a strange problem with my MythTV Backend recently, it has started to drop all connections to it, from frontends, from MythWeb etc., yet the backend continues to run and even records scheduled recordings.

I've looked in the logs and there don't seem to be any obvious entries to explain what is happening. the only way I can reconnect is to restart the backend.

I'm running:

mythbackend version: fixes/31 [v31.0+fixes.202006091747.445cf1f~ubuntu18.04.1] www.mythtv.org

Ubuntu 20.04 Linux mythtv 5.4.0-56-generic #62-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 23 19:20:19 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My MySQL database is running in a Docker container, because I used MythPodcaster, which will not connect to MySQL v8. Other than that, it's a standard installation which I've been running through many upgrades since 2014.

Any help in diagnosing and fixing this problem, will be very gratefully received.

Regards,

Dave.