what ramifications might ensue with an invalid sourceid and figured I'd
ask if there's a more accepted way of doing this.

Dave D.

Re: Disable source [ In reply to ]
Hoi DaveD,

Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 2:03:57 AM, you wrote:

> Is there a way to disable an entire source until I get my tuner issue
> fixed?  I thought about "update channel set sourceid=50 where
> sourceid=4", then set it back when I get the tuner fixed.  I don't know
> what ramifications might ensue with an invalid sourceid and figured I'd
> ask if there's a more accepted way of doing this.

> Dave D.

If you unlink it from the tuners you can leave the video source as is.
In other words set the video source in the input connections to None.

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

Re: Disable source [ In reply to ]
On 11/24/20 6:03 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi DaveD,
>
> Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 2:03:57 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to disable an entire source until I get my tuner issue
>> fixed?  I thought about "update channel set sourceid=50 where
>> sourceid=4", then set it back when I get the tuner fixed.  I don't know
>> what ramifications might ensue with an invalid sourceid and figured I'd
>> ask if there's a more accepted way of doing this.
>
> If you unlink it from the tuners you can leave the video source as is.
> In other words set the video source in the input connections to None.
>

> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

You mean disable the broken tuner instead of all the channels that
depend on it?  Wow, what a novel idea!  (Duh)

The SQL that worked perfectly:  update capturecard set sourceid=0 where
cardid=6;

Turns out I'd done this once before and forgotten how.  The old
capturecard is still in the table with sourceid=0.  Now there are two...

Thanks,

Dave D.