Mailing List Archive

Re: Compiling master on macOS 10.13.6 in High Sierra
...nevermind, I think I fixed the issue correcting the variable names.

I'll be submitting an issue and uploading a patch file once the compile
completes and I can test it.

Re: Compiling master on macOS 10.13.6 in High Sierra [ In reply to ]
> On 23 Nov 2020, at 9:07 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ...nevermind, I think I fixed the issue correcting the variable names.
>
> I'll be submitting an issue and uploading a patch file once the compile completes and I can test it.

In order to seamlessly drain all your munnie, Apple make very nice hardware.
John did a huge amount of work getting a mac build working with ansible.
In the end the build he made works, is slow, cludgy, core dumps unexpectadly and the video is not smooth. I just built fixes/31 on a very ornarry i3 NUC and the difference is quite stark.

How I wish a developer who understood the qirks of apple hardware was enthused enough to massage mythtv into a decent mac app.
I get better performance from mythtv in a linux VM than native!

James

PS I have a recentish macbook pro that does very bady trying to run linux - no keyboard, no mouse, no bluetooth, no wifi …
PPS I have a short movie that is perfect on the NUS but core dump on cutlist edit, every time you try to mark a segment. I’ll post it if any one wants it