The OS installed fine has a static IP address (192.168.0.222).

When I try to set the IP and save it in MythTV setup it appears to
succeed. I can back out one page and return and it is fine but when I
return to that page after doing some other setup I discover that the IP
has reverted to 127.0.0.1. I've tried this several times with the same
result every time.

Needless to say, this is a show stopper. Any suggestions?

mike

Re: Version 31 Setup Problem [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 21:16:43 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm trying to set up a MythTV 31 MBE on a NAS running Ubuntu 20.04. I
>had to replace hardware so this is a new install of both the OS and MythTV.
>
>The hardware is an AMD FX-8350 with plenty (16GB) of RAM.
>
>The OS installed fine has a static IP address (192.168.0.222).
>
>When I try to set the IP and save it in MythTV setup it appears to
>succeed. I can back out one page and return and it is fine but when I
>return to that page after doing some other setup I discover that the IP
>has reverted to 127.0.0.1. I've tried this several times with the same
>result every time.
>
>Needless to say, this is a show stopper. Any suggestions?
>
>mike

Is MariaDB or MySQL installed and working? There have been some
reports of that not happening properly when the install of MythTV is
the thing that causes MySQL to be installed.
Re: Version 31 Setup Problem [ In reply to ]
That was it. MySQL didn't want to go quietly though so I installed a new
Ubuntu 20.04 with the erase disk option and then installed MariaDB.

Now when I give MythTV setup a static IP it stays there.

Thank you very much.

mike