I only want the new games on 5_1, 11_1, 17_1 and 50_1. So I could either
list just these 4 channels or somehow list 22_2 as a DO NOT record.

How would I do this?
Re: tricky record rule? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 09:17:27 -0500, you wrote:

>I need help with a record rule. I have a Rule to record "College
>Football". This gets all college football games regardless of network. The
>problem is that Channel 22_2 Stadium shows reruns of a lot of football
>games in 480i, which I do NOT want to record.
>
>I only want the new games on 5_1, 11_1, 17_1 and 50_1. So I could either
>list just these 4 channels or somehow list 22_2 as a DO NOT record.
>
>How would I do this?

You can do it with a Power Search rule. Manage Recordings > Schedule
Recordings > Custom Record. You have to write some SQL to tell the
rule what to match, so something like this should work:

program.title='College Football' and program.chanid<>ID

where ID is the chanid corresponding to the 22_2 channel. To find
that chanid, you need to do an SQL query on the channel table,
something like this:

sudo mysql mythconverg
select chanid,channum,name,callsign from channel where name='22_2';
exit

Make sure you delete your old rule after you get the new one working.
Re: tricky record rule? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:24 AM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 09:17:27 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >I need help with a record rule. I have a Rule to record "College
> >Football". This gets all college football games regardless of network.
> The
> >problem is that Channel 22_2 Stadium shows reruns of a lot of football
> >games in 480i, which I do NOT want to record.
> >
> >I only want the new games on 5_1, 11_1, 17_1 and 50_1. So I could either
> >list just these 4 channels or somehow list 22_2 as a DO NOT record.
> >
> >How would I do this?
>
> You can do it with a Power Search rule. Manage Recordings > Schedule
> Recordings > Custom Record. You have to write some SQL to tell the
> rule what to match, so something like this should work:
>
> program.title='College Football' and program.chanid<>ID
>
> where ID is the chanid corresponding to the 22_2 channel. To find
> that chanid, you need to do an SQL query on the channel table,
> something like this:
>
> sudo mysql mythconverg
> select chanid,channum,name,callsign from channel where name='22_2';
> exit
>
> Make sure you delete your old rule after you get the new one working.
>
> Thanks, a lot! This really works. I wish they had invented mysql back
when I was a database administrator. Back then it was MRI System 2000
running on a CDC 6000 and I used punch cards to submit queries. :-)

Jim A
Re: tricky record rule? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 16:27:44 -0500, you wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:24 AM Stephen Worthington <
>stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 09:17:27 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>> >I need help with a record rule. I have a Rule to record "College
>> >Football". This gets all college football games regardless of network.
>> The
>> >problem is that Channel 22_2 Stadium shows reruns of a lot of football
>> >games in 480i, which I do NOT want to record.
>> >
>> >I only want the new games on 5_1, 11_1, 17_1 and 50_1. So I could either
>> >list just these 4 channels or somehow list 22_2 as a DO NOT record.
>> >
>> >How would I do this?
>>
>> You can do it with a Power Search rule. Manage Recordings > Schedule
>> Recordings > Custom Record. You have to write some SQL to tell the
>> rule what to match, so something like this should work:
>>
>> program.title='College Football' and program.chanid<>ID
>>
>> where ID is the chanid corresponding to the 22_2 channel. To find
>> that chanid, you need to do an SQL query on the channel table,
>> something like this:
>>
>> sudo mysql mythconverg
>> select chanid,channum,name,callsign from channel where name='22_2';
>> exit
>>
>> Make sure you delete your old rule after you get the new one working.
>>
>> Thanks, a lot! This really works. I wish they had invented mysql back
>when I was a database administrator. Back then it was MRI System 2000
>running on a CDC 6000 and I used punch cards to submit queries. :-)
>
>Jim A

Yes, I now have 82 record.type=5 (power search) recording rules - I
find them very useful.
Re: tricky record rule? [ In reply to ]
James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish they had invented mysql back when I was a database administrator. Back then it was MRI System 2000 running on a CDC 6000 and I used punch cards to submit queries. :-)

I'm just a young whipper-snapper and only used GUIs and SQL for the last few decades :D

I tend to use channel.callsign as in these examples which might give you some ideas :

((program.title like 'Cricket%' and callsign = 'Channel 5')
or
(program.title = 'ICC World Cup Cricket' and callsign = 'Channel 4')
or
(program.title = 'Test Cricket')
or
(program.title like 'One-Day International Cricket%')
or
(program.title like '%International T20 Cricket%'))

(program.title like 'CSI%' and not program.title like 'CSI: NY%')
AND (channel.callsign like 'FIVE%' or channel.callsign like 'Channel 5%')

( program.title = 'Have I Got News for You'
OR program.title = 'Have I Got a Bit More News for You'
OR program.title = 'Have I Got Old news For You'
OR program.title = 'Have I Got Sport for You' )
AND channel.callsign like 'BBC %'

Simon

Re: tricky record rule? [ In reply to ]
On 11/14/2020 10:19 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> James Abernathy wrote:
>
>> I wish they had invented mysql back when I was a database administrator. Back then it was MRI System 2000 running on a CDC 6000 and I used punch cards to submit queries. :-)
> I'm just a young whipper-snapper and only used GUIs and SQL for the last few decades :D
>
> I tend to use channel.callsign as in these examples which might give you some ideas :
>
> ((program.title like 'Cricket%' and callsign = 'Channel 5')
> or
> (program.title = 'ICC World Cup Cricket' and callsign = 'Channel 4')
> or
> (program.title = 'Test Cricket')
> or
> (program.title like 'One-Day International Cricket%')
> or
> (program.title like '%International T20 Cricket%'))
>

> (program.title like 'CSI%' and not program.title like 'CSI: NY%')
> AND (channel.callsign like 'FIVE%' or channel.callsign like 'Channel 5%')
>

> ( program.title = 'Have I Got News for You'
> OR program.title = 'Have I Got a Bit More News for You'
> OR program.title = 'Have I Got Old news For You'
> OR program.title = 'Have I Got Sport for You' )
> AND channel.callsign like 'BBC %'

In the custom recording rule editor screen are "example clauses" that
show approaches you can use. Included are:

Match an exact title
program.title = 'College Football'

Match words in the title
program.title LIKE '%football%'

and, more importantly,

Only on a specific station
channel.callsign = 'ESPN'

Exclude one station
channel.callsign != 'Stadium'

Match related callsigns
channel.callsign LIKE 'ESPN%' AND cg.grpid = cgn.grpid AND
program.chanid = cg.chanid

Only channels from the Favorites group
cgn.name = 'Football'
(where you've specified the extra tables: ", channelgroup cg,
channelgroupnames cgn" )

and similar. If using the "Only channels from the Favorites group"
clause, definitely select it in the editor, then edit "Favorites" to say
"Football" or whatever you've called the channel group that includes
only the desired channels--doing so fills in the extra tables part for you.

The "Favorites" group approach is very nice in that you can edit the
channels you're allowing--add new ones when appropriate or remove
channels you want to exclude--without editing the rule, even if you
completely change providers/lineups.

Mike