Is anyone else seeing this?
Regards

[1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31.atom
Re: fixes/31 news feed [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2020 09:04, lists@arewethere.net wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the last couple of days I've noticed a problem with mythnews
> not being able to retrieve the fixes/31 xml news feed [1].
> I can retrieve the file with wget or lynx, so the URL is ok.
> In the frontend log I get these messages
>
> E CoreContext mythuitext.cpp:1696 (Finalize) 'title' (news-ui.xml:65):
> <scroll> and <cutdown> are not combinable.

Yeah this is an error with the theme and is harmless. It will just
ignore any <cutdown> specified because it doesn't make sense to use it
if the text is scrolling. It's not the problem here though.

> E CoreContext newssite.cpp:184 (customEvent) NewsSite: HTTP Connection
> Error#012#011#011#011Explanation: 0: Unknown error
>
> The first is probably from the theme (mythbuntu) and irrelevant here.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
> Regards
>
> [1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31.atom

I can reproduce this as well using master. Very strange it seemed to
work once then always fails after that. The error code is zero so it can
only mean we are receiving a zero length reply.

Paul H.

Re: fixes/31 news feed [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2020 16:24, Paul Harrison wrote:

> On 10/10/2020 09:04, lists@arewethere.net wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> In the last couple of days I've noticed a problem with mythnews
>> not being able to retrieve the fixes/31 xml news feed [1].
>> I can retrieve the file with wget or lynx, so the URL is ok.
>> In the frontend log I get these messages
>>
>> E CoreContext mythuitext.cpp:1696 (Finalize) 'title' (news-ui.xml:65):
>> <scroll> and <cutdown> are not combinable.
>

> Yeah this is an error with the theme and is harmless. It will just
> ignore any <cutdown> specified because it doesn't make sense to use it
> if the text is scrolling. It's not the problem here though.

This should be fixed in both the master and fixes/31 version of the
MythBuntu theme.

>> E CoreContext newssite.cpp:184 (customEvent) NewsSite: HTTP Connection
>> Error#012#011#011#011Explanation: 0: Unknown error
>>
>> The first is probably from the theme (mythbuntu) and irrelevant here.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?
>> Regards
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31.atom
>

> I can reproduce this as well using master. Very strange it seemed to
> work once then always fails after that. The error code is zero so it
> can only mean we are receiving a zero length reply.

This seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it updates sometimes it
doesn't. No idea why!  You should be able to force a refresh by pressing
'I' on the MythNews screen and most feeds update OK but that one is
stubborn and more often than not fails to update. You can also try
removing the downloaded xml data file from ~/.mythtv/MythNews/ , look
for a file with the same site name you used in MythNews, to force it to
update.

Paul H.

Re: fixes/31 news feed [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 06:07:37PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 10/10/2020 16:24, Paul Harrison wrote:
>
> >On 10/10/2020 09:04, lists@arewethere.net wrote:
> >
> >>Hi
> >>
> >>In the last couple of days I've noticed a problem with mythnews
> >>not being able to retrieve the fixes/31 xml news feed [1].
> >>I can retrieve the file with wget or lynx, so the URL is ok.
> >>In the frontend log I get these messages
> >>
> >>E CoreContext mythuitext.cpp:1696 (Finalize) 'title' (news-ui.xml:65):
> >><scroll> and <cutdown> are not combinable.
> >

> >Yeah this is an error with the theme and is harmless. It will just ignore
> >any <cutdown> specified because it doesn't make sense to use it if the
> >text is scrolling. It's not the problem here though.
> >

> This should be fixed in both the master and fixes/31 version of the
> MythBuntu theme.

Awesome, thanks for that.

> >>E CoreContext newssite.cpp:184 (customEvent) NewsSite: HTTP Connection
> >>Error#012#011#011#011Explanation: 0: Unknown error
> >>
> >>The first is probably from the theme (mythbuntu) and irrelevant here.
> >>
> >>Is anyone else seeing this?
> >>Regards
> >>
> >>[1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31.atom
> >

> >I can reproduce this as well using master. Very strange it seemed to work
> >once then always fails after that. The error code is zero so it can only
> >mean we are receiving a zero length reply.
>
> This seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it updates sometimes it doesn't. No
> idea why!? You should be able to force a refresh by pressing 'I' on the
> MythNews screen and most feeds update OK but that one is stubborn and more
> often than not fails to update. You can also try removing the downloaded xml
> data file from ~/.mythtv/MythNews/ , look for a file with the same site name
> you used in MythNews, to force it to update.

There is indeed a 'fixes/31 commits' file under there and
it's the same text exactly as 31.atom.
So perhaps its some kind of cache checking thing?
Below I've dumped the HTTP headers I see for the atom file,
in case that sheds some light. Perhaps github tracks client IPs
and sends a 0 byte file when it thinks the client already has the
up to date file? Which would be a bit weird since repeated wgets
Just Work.

I checked file ownerships and permission bits, all seems in order.

I removed the 'fixes/31 commits' file and tried again,
same error in the log file.

Thanks for looking at this. It's not terrible and I will be interested
to see if it updates when the feed next updates.

wellington$ lynx -dump -head https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31.atom
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 23:47:10 GMT
content-type: application/atom+xml; charset=utf-8
server: GitHub.com
status: 200 OK
vary: X-PJAX, Accept-Encoding, Accept, X-Requested-With, Accept-Encoding
etag: "5987060b83ebc9592878d539bdddb845"
cache-control: max-age=0, private, must-revalidate
strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains; preload
x-frame-options: deny
x-content-type-options: nosniff
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block
referrer-policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade
expect-ct: max-age=2592000, report-uri="https://api.github.com/_private/browser/
errors"
content-security-policy: default-src 'none'; base-uri 'self'; block-all-mixed-co ntent; connect-src 'self' uploads.github.com www.githubstatus.com collector.githubapp.com api.github.com www.google-analytics.com github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com github-production-repository-file-5c1aeb.s3.amazonaws.com github-production-upload-manifest-file-7fdce7.s3.amazonaws.com github-production-user-asset-6210df.s3.amazonaws.com cdn.optimizely.com logx.optimizely.com/v1/events wss://alive.githu
b.com; font-src github.githubassets.com; form-action 'self' github.com gist.github.com; frame-ancestors 'none'; frame-src render.githubusercontent.com; img-src 'self' data: github.githubassets.com identicons.github.com collector.githubapp.com github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com *.githubusercontent.com; manifest-src 'self'; media-src 'none'; script-src github.githubassets.com; style-src 'unsafe-inline' github.githubassets.com; worker-src github.com/socket-worker.js gist.github.com/socket-worker.js
Set-Cookie: _gh_sess=%2Foo%2BIazxXT47gZYcempPM4nzTpVlZ08i7Keqdeo%2BaQUhtR9usiO6d
8MdxurDmZ2vo9tnhNpHR4sCrMaF7o7KYUtWUCCmFRDrekkjCSS%2Fj3mkluEtxtLlWrE%2BfOKM8N6g2
Z6TIp5vfxwxQUI2O5TJzPgdWtqNwqYHNMqSFzatH2e3IZ3hijSOrlewwZwgUWX9j%2FG9WOQuNJG6GuV
XIlhkIBj3Y6L7pBDBDOwRaj4M2AiRwZ5lv6sNCn1NTsNLo0veUV%2F7%2BpY6Gam58qBh3R0ydA%3D%3
D--fpm1jOR8gmjkdfk2--bL2QdkWXSePrFY1jd%2FqDuw%3D%3D; Path=/; HttpOnly;
Secure; S
ameSite=Lax
Set-Cookie: _octo=GH1.1.1179164493.1602373629; Path=/;
Domain=github.com; Expire
s=Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23:47:09 GMT; Secure; SameSite=Lax
Set-Cookie: logged_in=no; Path=/; Domain=github.com; Expires=Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23 :47:09 GMT; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=Lax
Accept-Ranges: bytes