removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
culprit:

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926

However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
server as I rely on other programs for that service.

Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?

I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.

James
Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:

>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from deb-multimedia.
>
>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
>culprit:
>
>https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
>
>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
>
>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
>
>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
>
>James

Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
port 6544 was blocked. Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
server? Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
accessing mythweb and the Buster server?

In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
status fetch from port 6544 failed? Do other mythweb pages load
properly? Does this URL work:

http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from
>> deb-multimedia.
>>
>>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
>>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
>>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
>>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
>>culprit:
>>
>>https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
>>
>>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
>>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
>>
>>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
>>
>>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
>>
>>James
>
> Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
> port 6544 was blocked. Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
> server?

I do have a firewall.

> Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
> accessing mythweb and the Buster server?

I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
localhost and got the same result.

> In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
> you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
> status fetch from port 6544 failed?

It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the banner.

> Do other mythweb pages load
> properly?

As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.

> Does this URL work:
>
> http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML

I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.

I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is enabled.
Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 13:49, James Klaas <jklaas@appalachian.dyndns.org>
wrote:

> > On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from
> >> deb-multimedia.
> >>
> >>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
> >>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
> >>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
> >>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
> >>culprit:
> >>

> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
> >>
> >>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
> >>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
> >>
> >>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
> >>
> >>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
> >>
> >>James
> >
> > Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
> > port 6544 was blocked. Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
> > server?
>
> I do have a firewall.
>
> > Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
> > accessing mythweb and the Buster server?
>
> I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
> localhost and got the same result.
>
> > In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
> > you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
> > status fetch from port 6544 failed?
>
> It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the
> banner.
>
> > Do other mythweb pages load
> > properly?
>
> As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.
>
> > Does this URL work:
> >
> > http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
> >

> I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.
>
> I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is
> enabled.

All my mythweb errors were SELinux related. I must admit your problems
look different but if you you have SELinux enabled and you're stuck, you
could try running:

sudo setenforce 0

to see if that makes a difference.

Then turn SELinux on again:

sudo setenforce 1

If that did help then you can work on fixing the SELinux issue. If not -
no harm done.

Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 08:48:52 -0400, you wrote:

>> On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from
>>> deb-multimedia.
>>>
>>>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
>>>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
>>>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
>>>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
>>>culprit:
>>>
>>>https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
>>>
>>>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
>>>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
>>>
>>>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
>>>
>>>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
>>>
>>>James
>>
>> Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
>> port 6544 was blocked. Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
>> server?
>
>I do have a firewall.
>
>> Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
>> accessing mythweb and the Buster server?
>
>I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
>localhost and got the same result.
>
>> In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
>> you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
>> status fetch from port 6544 failed?
>
>It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the banner.
>
>> Do other mythweb pages load
>> properly?
>
>As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.
>
>> Does this URL work:
>>
>> http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
>>

>I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.
>
>I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is enabled.

It is looking like your mythbackend is not responding to port 6544.
Try running this on your Buster server:

netstat -anp | grep 6544

This is what I get - it shows mythbackend listening on TCP port 6544
on all IP addresses on IPv4 and IPv6:

root@mypvr:~# netstat -anp | grep 6544
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:6544 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
2731/mythbackend
tcp6 0 0 :::6544 :::* LISTEN
2731/mythbackend
Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 7:50 AM James Klaas <jklaas@appalachian.dyndns.org>
wrote:

> > On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:32:22 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >>I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from
> >> deb-multimedia.
> >>
> >>After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
> >>discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
> >>404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
> >>removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
> >>culprit:
> >>

> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
> >>
> >>However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
> >>server as I rely on other programs for that service.
> >>
> >>Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
> >>
> >>I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
> >>
> >>James
> >
> > Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
> > port 6544 was blocked. Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
> > server?
>
> I do have a firewall.
>
> > Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
> > accessing mythweb and the Buster server?
>
> I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
> localhost and got the same result.
>
> > In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
> > you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
> > status fetch from port 6544 failed?
>
> It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the
> banner.
>
> > Do other mythweb pages load
> > properly?
>
> As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.
>
> > Does this URL work:
> >
> > http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
> >

> I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.
>
> I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is
> enabled.

I have been looking for this issue for quite some time James. Soi glad you
found it and I can confirm the exact behavior. Mythweb and 6544 both
return nothing with --noupnp enabled (I do not want upnp crap flying around
my network either).

Thanks again for finding this. I'll enable upnp and just firewall it off
instead of the command line disablement.

-Greg
Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2020 at 13:49, James Klaas <jklaas@appalachian.dyndns.org>
> wrote:

>> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926

>> > Removing -noupnp should only fix it if it was a firewall problem where
>> > port 6544 was blocked. Do you have a firewall running on your Buster
>> > server?
>>
>> I do have a firewall.
>>
>> > Are there any firewalls between the box where you are
>> > accessing mythweb and the Buster server?
>>
>> I'm accessing from a remote host. I also tried from a browser on the
>> localhost and got the same result.
>>
>> > In your case, is the 404 error from getting pages from mythweb, or do
>> > you get a mythweb page with a 404 error displayed inside it where the
>> > status fetch from port 6544 failed?
>>
>> It's the Mythweb page decorations, with a "404 Not Found." under the
>> banner.
>>
>> > Do other mythweb pages load
>> > properly?
>>
>> As far as I can tell, all the other mythweb pages load fine.
>>
>> > Does this URL work:
>> >
>> > http://yourBackendHostNameOrIP:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML
>> >

>> I get a 404 page not found error with --noupnp enabled.
>>
>> I disabled the firewall and I still get a 404 error when "--noupnp" is
>> enabled.
>>

> All my mythweb errors were SELinux related. I must admit your problems
> look different but if you you have SELinux enabled and you're stuck, you
> could try running:
>
> sudo setenforce 0
>
> to see if that makes a difference.
>
> Then turn SELinux on again:
>
> sudo setenforce 1

I get:

setenforce: SELinux is disabled

if I run "setenforce" with any option. Thanks for the idea.

> It is looking like your mythbackend is not responding to port 6544.
> Try running this on your Buster server:
>
> netstat -anp | grep 6544
>
> This is what I get - it shows mythbackend listening on TCP port 6544
> on all IP addresses on IPv4 and IPv6:
>
> root@mypvr:~# netstat -anp | grep 6544
> tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:6544 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
> 2731/mythbackend
> tcp6 0 0 :::6544 :::* LISTEN
> 2731/mythbackend

This shows up whether or not "--noupnp" is enabled.

If I go to "http://localhost:6544", it looks normal whether or not
"--noupnp" is enabled.
but "http://localhost:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML" only works when
"--noupnp" is disabled.

Watching my logs I see something like this each time:
mythbackend[18726]: I HttpServer51 httprequest.cpp:1332 (ParseRequest)
(Request Header) cookie: mythweb_id=<some string>
Re: Mythweb, --noupnp and the status page [ In reply to ]
On 24/09/2020 13:32, James Klaas wrote:
> I recently upgraded mythtv on my Buster server to 30.0 from deb-multimedia.
>
> After I got everything sorted out and working to my satisfaction, I
> discovered that the status page for my mythweb install would produce a
> 404 error. After some searching around I found someone who mentioned
> removing the "--noupnp" option from mythtvbackend flags was the
> culprit:
>
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3737&p=17926&hilit=noupnp+mythweb#p17926
>
> However, I don't really want my mythbackend to be running a upnp
> server as I rely on other programs for that service.
>
> Is this a mythtv bug or a packaging bug somehow?
>
> I didn't see any issues in trac to indicate anyone reported this.
>
> James

There is an oddity in the status implementation whereby it requires
upnp enabled, despite having nothing at all todo with upnp.

We plan to address this in a large piece of surgery in master.

Regards
Stuart