Mailing List Archive

Metadata is generic in v31
I've recently updated to 31 from 29.1 and so far run into just one
problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now generic
to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't see the
episode title or the description of what happens in the episode. There
also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.

Anyone else seen similar?
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
> On 20 Sep 2020, at 1:57 am, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:
>
> I've recently updated to 31 from 29.1 and so far run into just one problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't see the episode title or the description of what happens in the episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.
>
> Anyone else seen similar?

Paul great confusion here. It seems the movie grabber gets different data at different times.
Also I find (and this must be myth)

I->Change Video->Retrieve
gets generic metadata

Whereas menu->scan
retrivies specific data

but the scan way leaves out some movies and the I way is needed. Also the I way does not log what it is doing. I'll play with the logging to see if I can make sense here.

What we need is the developer[s] who crafted this feature to spend a little time polishing the debugging so we can unravel what is happening. The code is complicated and python is alien as it contavenes my personal ethos.

James
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 20/09/2020 00:28, jam@tigger.ws wrote:>> On 20 Sep 2020, at 1:57 am,
Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

>> I've recently updated to 31 from 29.1 and so far run into just one problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't see the episode title or the description of what happens in the episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.
>>
>> Anyone else seen similar?
>
> Paul great confusion here. It seems the movie grabber gets different data at different times.
> Also I find (and this must be myth)
>
> I->Change Video->Retrieve
> gets generic metadata
>
> Whereas menu->scan
> retrivies specific data
>
> but the scan way leaves out some movies and the I way is needed. Also the I way does not log what it is doing. I'll play with the logging to see if I can make sense here.
>
> What we need is the developer[s] who crafted this feature to spend a little time polishing the debugging so we can unravel what is happening. The code is complicated and python is alien as it contavenes my personal ethos.

Thanks James. Confirmation that it isn't just my system is useful in
itself. The other change I've made, besides 29.1 to 31, is to build my
own packages. That could easily been a cause of error, but your
experience suggests it is a problem introduced to Myth.

This may be wrong, but the package dependency changes suggest that there
may have been a rework of the xml parsing, using a different API. When I
get a chance, I'll see if I can find a corresponding commit and try to
find anything that looks dodgy.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 20/09/2020 10:05, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 20/09/2020 00:28, jam@tigger.ws wrote:>> On 20 Sep 2020, at 1:57 am,
> Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've recently updated to 31 from 29.1 and so far run into just one
>>> problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now
>>> generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't
>>> see the episode title or the description of what happens in the
>>> episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seen similar?
>>
>> Paul great confusion here. It seems the movie grabber gets different
>> data at different times.
>> Also I find (and this must be myth)
>>
>> I->Change Video->Retrieve
>> gets generic metadata
>>
>> Whereas menu->scan
>> retrivies specific data
>>
>> but the scan way leaves out some movies and the I way is needed. Also
>> the I way does not log what it is doing. I'll play with the logging to
>> see if I can make sense here.
>>
>> What we need is the developer[s] who crafted this feature to spend a
>> little time polishing the debugging so we can unravel what is
>> happening. The code is complicated and python is alien as it
>> contavenes my personal ethos.
>
> This may be wrong, but the package dependency changes suggest that there
> may have been a rework of the xml parsing, using a different API. When I
> get a chance, I'll see if I can find a corresponding commit and try to
> find anything that looks dodgy.

Looks like the API change was 3 years ago, so I doubt that's what caused
the problem: I can't see it staying broken for 3 years.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 9/20/20 11:54 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> On 20/09/2020 10:05, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> Paul great confusion here. It seems the movie grabber gets different
>>> data at different times.
>>> Also I find (and this must be myth)
>>>
>>> I->Change Video->Retrieve
>>> gets generic metadata
>>>
>>> Whereas menu->scan
>>> retrivies specific data
>>>
>>> but the scan way leaves out some movies and the I way is needed.
>>> Also the I way does not log what it is doing. I'll play with the
>>> logging to see if I can make sense here.
>>>
>>> What we need is the developer[s] who crafted this feature to spend a
>>> little time polishing the debugging so we can unravel what is
>>> happening. The code is complicated and python is alien as it
>>> contavenes my personal ethos.
>>
>> This may be wrong, but the package dependency changes suggest that
>> there may have been a rework of the xml parsing, using a different
>> API. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find a corresponding
>> commit and try to find anything that looks dodgy.
>
> Looks like the API change was 3 years ago, so I doubt that's what
> caused the problem: I can't see it staying broken for 3 years.

Using V31, I have "Preform metadata update after video scan" enabled.
After putting video files into the videos storage group on the backend,
I run mythutil --scanvideos.  It reliably gets the descriptions of each
episode for the series I have loaded into videos. Do you have the file
names set up correctly? I use a directory name that is the series name
and file names that start SnnEnn for example S01E01.  Sometimes it gets
the same artwork for the whole series and sometimes it gets different
artwork for each season. It rarely finds preview images.

Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 20/09/2020 17:11, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 9/20/20 11:54 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> On 20/09/2020 10:05, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> This may be wrong, but the package dependency changes suggest that
>>> there may have been a rework of the xml parsing, using a different
>>> API. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find a corresponding
>>> commit and try to find anything that looks dodgy.
>>
>> Looks like the API change was 3 years ago, so I doubt that's what
>> caused the problem: I can't see it staying broken for 3 years.
>>
> Using V31, I have "Preform metadata update after video scan" enabled.
> After putting video files into the videos storage group on the backend,
> I run mythutil --scanvideos.  It reliably gets the descriptions of each
> episode for the series I have loaded into videos. Do you have the file
> names set up correctly? I use a directory name that is the series name
> and file names that start SnnEnn for example S01E01.  Sometimes it gets
> the same artwork for the whole series and sometimes it gets different
> artwork for each season. It rarely finds preview images.

Actually, it works fine for me if I perform a scan, just as Jam claimed
earlier. I get the generic data only if I try to retrieve via
Info->Change Video->Retrieve: A choice of program matches is displayed,
and I can choose the correct one (there is only one exact title match).
Then, I'd expect to be given the chance to choose Artwork etc., but that
bit of UI never appears. Could I have part of the installation missing,
or might the theme have something missing? I'm using Stepps.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]

>>> This may be wrong, but the package dependency changes suggest that there may have been a rework of the xml parsing, using a different API. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find a corresponding commit and try to find anything that looks dodgy.
>>
>> Looks like the API change was 3 years ago, so I doubt that's what caused the problem: I can't see it staying broken for 3 years.
>>
> Using V31, I have "Preform metadata update after video scan" enabled. After putting video files into the videos storage group on the backend, I run mythutil --scanvideos. It reliably gets the descriptions of each episode for the series I have loaded into videos. Do you have the file names set up correctly? I use a directory name that is the series name and file names that start SnnEnn for example S01E01. Sometimes it gets the same artwork for the whole series and sometimes it gets different artwork for each season. It rarely finds preview images.

Paul where is the SnnEnn titleling documented? I’ve been using ‘Title SSxEE.whatever’ where SS and EE are numbers’ at some point this worked then stopped worling ‘TitleSSxEE.whatever’

James
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 21 September 2020 02:35:00 BST, jam <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

>one problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now
>generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't
>see the episode title or the description of what happens in the
>episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.

>different data at different times.

>Also the I way does not log what it is doing. I'll play with the
>logging to see if I can make sense here.

>a little time polishing the debugging so we can unravel what is
>happening. The code is complicated and python is alien as it contavenes
>my personal ethos.

>there may have been a rework of the xml parsing, using a different API.
>When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find a corresponding commit and
>try to find anything that looks dodgy.
>>>
>>> Looks like the API change was 3 years ago, so I doubt that's what
>caused the problem: I can't see it staying broken for 3 years.
>>>
>> Using V31, I have "Preform metadata update after video scan" enabled.
>After putting video files into the videos storage group on the backend,
>I run mythutil --scanvideos. It reliably gets the descriptions of each
>episode for the series I have loaded into videos. Do you have the file
>names set up correctly? I use a directory name that is the series name
>and file names that start SnnEnn for example S01E01. Sometimes it gets
>the same artwork for the whole series and sometimes it gets different
>artwork for each season. It rarely finds preview images.
>
>Paul where is the SnnEnn titleling documented? I’ve been using ‘Title
>SSxEE.whatever’ where SS and EE are numbers’ at some point this worked
>then stopped worling ‘TitleSSxEE.whatever’

The two of us may be seeing different problems. An example file ?'m testing is Believe.S01E02.mp4. This isn't a newly added file. Correct metadata was obtained with my 29.1 installation.

Paul.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:58 AM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> On 21 September 2020 02:35:00 BST, jam <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> >one problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now
> >generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I don't
> >see the episode title or the description of what happens in the
> >episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.

> An example file ?'m testing is Believe.S01E02.mp4.

This isn't a newly added file. Correct metadata was obtained with my 29.1
> installation.

Paul,

the file name convention for videos is on the wiki under
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
and linked from the main page
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library

I did a short test in the video library by creating files
under the video storage group folder:
1) Believe/S01E01.mpg
2) Believe/S01E02 Beginner's Luck.mpg
3) Believe/S01E03.mpg

Then I did for each video
M -> Scan for changes
and
I -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
Result:
Season and episode have been identified correctly from the filename
Subtitle is identified as well in case of (2)

Then I did on the first video (1)
I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
which gave me a list of available videos.
I selected item "Believe (0)"
Result:
No picture and only generic video information test about the series itself.

On the second episode (2),
I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
returned
Detailed detailed textual information about this episode as well as
Coverart : Believe Season1_coverart.jpg
Screenshot : Believe Season 1x2_screenshot.jpg
Fanart : Believe Season 1_fanart.jpg
In short, everything is done well.

A second run on the first episode (1)
gave me the new details as well (surprisingly).

Conclusion:
For series, a subtitle must be passed in the filename as well (see wiki).
The logs of the mythtv-frontend show details of what is going on.
Evaluating these logs gives you an overview of what the metadata grabbing
is doing.
In the above case, MythTV thinks that the file (1) is a movie instead a
part of a TV-series.

Roland
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 21 September 2020 18:58:39 BST, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >one problem. Metadata looked up from within the video player is now
>> >generic to the series rather than specific to the episode, so I
>don't
>> >see the episode title or the description of what happens in the
>> >episode. There also seems to be a problem with downloading artwork.

>> An example file ?'m testing is Believe.S01E02.mp4.
>
>This isn't a newly added file. Correct metadata was obtained with my
>29.1
>> installation.
>>

>Paul,
>
>the file name convention for videos is on the wiki under
>https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
>and linked from the main page
>https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library
>

>I did a short test in the video library by creating files
>under the video storage group folder:
>1) Believe/S01E01.mpg
>2) Believe/S01E02 Beginner's Luck.mpg
>3) Believe/S01E03.mpg
>
>Then I did for each video
>M -> Scan for changes
>and
>I -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
>Result:
>Season and episode have been identified correctly from the filename
>Subtitle is identified as well in case of (2)
>
>Then I did on the first video (1)
>I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
>which gave me a list of available videos.
>I selected item "Believe (0)"
>Result:
>No picture and only generic video information test about the series
>itself.
>
>On the second episode (2),
>I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
>returned
>Detailed detailed textual information about this episode as well as
>Coverart : Believe Season1_coverart.jpg
>Screenshot : Believe Season 1x2_screenshot.jpg
>Fanart : Believe Season 1_fanart.jpg
>In short, everything is done well.
>
>A second run on the first episode (1)
>gave me the new details as well (surprisingly).
>
>Conclusion:
>For series, a subtitle must be passed in the filename as well (see
>wiki).
>The logs of the mythtv-frontend show details of what is going on.
>Evaluating these logs gives you an overview of what the metadata
>grabbing
>is doing.
>In the above case, MythTV thinks that the file (1) is a movie instead a
>part of a TV-series.

That all makes sense and fits with what I'm seeing, but it's a change in behaviour since 29.1 and seems like a regression to me.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 9:30 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> That all makes sense and fits with what I'm seeing, but it's a change in
> behaviour since 29.1 and seems like a regression to me.

Please try with updated filenames and report, but remove the cache in
'.mythtv/cache/pytmdb3.cache' and '.mythtv/cache/tvdb_api3'
beforehand.

BTW, what distribution are you using?
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 21 September 2020 22:27:08 BST, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 9:30 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:
>

>> That all makes sense and fits with what I'm seeing, but it's a change
>in
>> behaviour since 29.1 and seems like a regression to me.
>>

>Please try with updated filenames and report, but remove the cache in
>'.mythtv/cache/pytmdb3.cache' and '.mythtv/cache/tvdb_api3'
>beforehand.
>
>BTW, what distribution are you using?

Sure, I can try that. By updated filename, do you mean add the episode title? 29.1 definitely didn't need that.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
Am Montag, 21. September 2020, 19:58:39 CEST schrieb Roland Ernst:
> On the second episode (2),
> I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
> returned
> Detailed detailed textual information about this episode as well as
> Coverart : Believe Season1_coverart.jpg
> Screenshot : Believe Season 1x2_screenshot.jpg
> Fanart : Believe Season 1_fanart.jpg
> In short, everything is done well.

Yep, have you tried in a different language. For me in german, the covers are
not fetched.

And on some series they are fetched but not shown (like on my problem 2 weeks
ago that got ignored here).

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr

Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 21/09/2020 22:27, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 9:30 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net
> <mailto:lists@glidos.net>> wrote:
>

> That all makes sense and fits with what I'm seeing, but it's a
> change in behaviour since 29.1 and seems like a regression to me.
>

> Please try with updated filenames and report, but remove the cache in
> '.mythtv/cache/pytmdb3.cache' and  '.mythtv/cache/tvdb_api3'
> beforehand.

I've confirmed your findings: adding the episode subtitle leads to the
correct metadata being found, but the series and episode numbers aren't
sufficient.

> BTW, what distribution are you using?

I'm running OpenSUSE, but very recently started building my own
packages, so there's a potential for error in the installation, but then
again your experiments agree with mine.

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 20/09/2020 18:53, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 20/09/2020 17:11, Peter Bennett wrote:

>>> Looks like the API change was 3 years ago, so I doubt that's what
>>> caused the problem: I can't see it staying broken for 3 years.
>>>
>> Using V31, I have "Preform metadata update after video scan" enabled.
>> After putting video files into the videos storage group on the
>> backend, I run mythutil --scanvideos.  It reliably gets the
>> descriptions of each episode for the series I have loaded into videos.
>> Do you have the file names set up correctly? I use a directory name
>> that is the series name and file names that start SnnEnn for example
>> S01E01.  Sometimes it gets the same artwork for the whole series and
>> sometimes it gets different artwork for each season. It rarely finds
>> preview images.
>
> Actually, it works fine for me if I perform a scan, just as Jam claimed
> earlier. I get the generic data only if I try to retrieve via
> Info->Change Video->Retrieve: A choice of program matches is displayed,
> and I can choose the correct one (there is only one exact title match).
> Then, I'd expect to be given the chance to choose Artwork etc., but that
> bit of UI never appears. Could I have part of the installation missing,
> or might the theme have something missing? I'm using Stepps.

I suspect this issue as the cause:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13518. I see the problem mentioned
in this issue in my logs, and I think the failure to fetch thumbnails
may be shortcircuiting some of the code used in selecting best match.

As a cause of the issue, I'm suspicious of:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/49e987798ace7d125496cbf874b6bcf43791c8fa.
In theory, such a change shouldn't cause change in behaviour, but is
const foolproof?

I'll see if I can track it down further when I get a chance.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 23/09/2020 09:10, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 20/09/2020 18:53, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> Using V31, I have "Preform metadata update after video scan" enabled.
>>> After putting video files into the videos storage group on the
>>> backend, I run mythutil --scanvideos.  It reliably gets the
>>> descriptions of each episode for the series I have loaded into
>>> videos. Do you have the file names set up correctly? I use a
>>> directory name that is the series name and file names that start
>>> SnnEnn for example S01E01.  Sometimes it gets the same artwork for
>>> the whole series and sometimes it gets different artwork for each
>>> season. It rarely finds preview images.
>>
>> Actually, it works fine for me if I perform a scan, just as Jam
>> claimed earlier. I get the generic data only if I try to retrieve via
>> Info->Change Video->Retrieve: A choice of program matches is displayed,
>> and I can choose the correct one (there is only one exact title
>> match). Then, I'd expect to be given the chance to choose Artwork
>> etc., but that
>> bit of UI never appears. Could I have part of the installation missing,
>> or might the theme have something missing? I'm using Stepps.
>
> I suspect this issue as the cause:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13518. I see the problem mentioned
> in this issue in my logs, and I think the failure to fetch thumbnails
> may be shortcircuiting some of the code used in selecting best match.
>
> As a cause of the issue, I'm suspicious of:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/49e987798ace7d125496cbf874b6bcf43791c8fa.
> In theory, such a change shouldn't cause change in behaviour, but is
> const foolproof?

I was wrong on both accounts, but I have a partial fix now. This pull
request restores the thumbnail and artwork download from ttvdb when
manually searching from the Info menu:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/235

Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:46 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> I was wrong on both accounts, but I have a partial fix now. This pull
> request restores the thumbnail and artwork download from ttvdb when
> manually searching from the Info menu:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/235
>

> I have pushed this pull request and the issue
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/248
now on master.
This should fix the regression warpme raised, too.
( https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13518 )

If you are able to test on the current master, early feedback is welcome.

Additional notes: In automatic mode, I've added an experimental setting,
which is worth to dry : "EXPERIMENTAL_METADATA_GRAB"
Just export this setting and run "Update all details" in mythfronend.

Thanks to everyone supporting this issue.

Roland
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 06/10/2020 21:31, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:46 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net
> <mailto:lists@glidos.net>> wrote:
>

> I was wrong on both accounts, but I have a partial fix now. This pull
> request restores the thumbnail and artwork download from ttvdb when
> manually searching from the Info menu:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/235
>

> I have pushed this pull request and the issue
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/248
> now on master.
> This should fix the regression warpme raised, too.
> ( https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13518 )
>
> If you are able to test on the current master, early feedback is welcome.
>
> Additional notes: In automatic mode, I've added an experimental setting,
> which is worth to dry : "EXPERIMENTAL_METADATA_GRAB"
> Just export this setting and run "Update all details" in mythfronend.
>
> Thanks to everyone supporting this issue.

Great, thanks Roland.

I rebased the commits onto fixes/31 and have my frontend running with
them now. Series seem to be working fine. I still see some problems with
movies (e.g., Interstellar and Joker). A list of matches is shown, withe
the first being the correct one, but selecting it does nothing. I can go
back to edit, and I find that not even the tmdb id has been filled in.
It may be specific to just a few particular films.

Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:43 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> I rebased the commits onto fixes/31 and have my frontend running with
> them now. Series seem to be working fine. I still see some problems with
> movies (e.g., Interstellar and Joker). A list of matches is shown, withe
> the first being the correct one, but selecting it does nothing. I can go
> back to edit, and I find that not even the tmdb id has been filled in.
> It may be specific to just a few particular films.

Do you use the sequence
in MythVideo : M --> Retrieve all Details
or on the video itself
I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details ?

Is it on Mac or Linux frontend?

Roland
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 07/10/2020 17:09, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:43 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net
> <mailto:lists@glidos.net>> wrote:
>

> I rebased the commits onto fixes/31 and have my frontend running with
> them now. Series seem to be working fine. I still see some problems
> with
> movies (e.g., Interstellar and Joker). A list of matches is shown,
> withe
> the first being the correct one, but selecting it does nothing. I
> can go
> back to edit, and I find that not even the tmdb id has been filled in.
> It may be specific to just a few particular films.
>

> Do you use the sequence
>  in MythVideo : M --> Retrieve all Details
> or on the video itself
>  I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details ?
>
> Is it on Mac or Linux frontend?

I'm using
I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details

And it's on Linux.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:21 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> On 07/10/2020 17:09, Roland Ernst wrote:
> >
> > Do you use the sequence
> > in MythVideo : M --> Retrieve all Details
> > or on the video itself
> > I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details ?
> >
> > Is it on Mac or Linux frontend?
>
> I'm using
> I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details
>
> And it's on Linux.

It works for me, albeit on a different video.

Please run
I --> Change Video Details --> Reset Details
I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details

and post the frontend logs (general, info).

Do you see for a short time a notification window ("Success") which
overlaps the list selection?
Do you use a keyboard, mouse or a remote control?

Roland
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:43 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:

> It works for me, albeit on a different video.
>
> Please run
> I --> Change Video Details --> Reset Details
> I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details
>
> and post the frontend logs (general, info).
>
> Do you see for a short time a notification window ("Success") which
> overlaps the list selection?
> Do you use a keyboard, mouse or a remote control?
>
> Roland

Maybe you are hit because of a too small timeout ?
See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/199
This is currently only on master fixed.

Roland
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 07/10/2020 18:57, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:43 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com
> <mailto:rcrernst@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> It works for me, albeit on a different video.
>
> Please run
> I --> Change Video Details --> Reset Details
> I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details
>
> and post the frontend logs (general, info).
>
> Do you see for a short time a notification window ("Success") which
> overlaps the list selection?
> Do you use a keyboard, mouse or a remote control?
>
> Roland
>

> Maybe you are hit because of a too small timeout ?
> See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/199
> This is currently only on master fixed.

I wondered that too. I'll take that commit on too and see if it helps.

I'll get those logs beforehand in any case.

Paul.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On 07/10/2020 23:00, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 07/10/2020 18:57, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:43 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com
>> <mailto:rcrernst@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     It works for me, albeit on a different video.
>>
>>     Please run
>>     I --> Change Video Details --> Reset Details
>>     I --> Change Video Details --> Retrieve Details
>>
>>     and post the frontend logs (general, info).
>>
>>     Do you see for a short time a notification window ("Success") which
>>     overlaps the list selection?
>>     Do you use a keyboard, mouse or a remote control?
>>
>>     Roland
>>

>> Maybe you are hit because of a too small timeout ?
>> See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/199
>> This is currently only on master fixed.
>
> I wondered that too. I'll take that commit on too and see if it helps.
>
> I'll get those logs beforehand in any case.

Here's the log.
Re: Metadata is generic in v31 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 2:03 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> >> Maybe you are hit because of a too small timeout ?
> >> See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/199
> >> This is currently only on master fixed.
> >
> > I wondered that too. I'll take that commit on too and see if it helps.
> >
> > I'll get those logs beforehand in any case.
>
> Here's the log.

The execution of tmdb3.py from the provided log file took 43 secs on my
side.
So it is enough to change line 292 in that file to the same value fixes/31
is using:

*signal.alarm(60)*

Then do a

*sudo python3 -m compileall /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py*

and it should work.

Do not forget to clear the tmdb3 cache:

*rm ~/.mythtv/cache/pytmdb3.cache*

If it works, I will merge all the changes to the fixes/31 branch asap.

Thx,
Roland

1 2  View All