Mailing List Archive

Frame rate matching
I didn't know this was a problem until I got on the Geforce forum to ask
questions about a issue I had with my Nvidia Shield TV.

As part of my effort to standardize on one platform, I had MythTV
Frontend and Leanfront working very well, but had problems with some
streaming services apps like Hulu and Netflix. Hulu was not solvable in
a reasonable time frame so I canceled it and moved to Youtube.TV which
works great.

However I noticed a problem with Netflix because it skipped frames every
3-4 seconds.  Turns out a feature called Frame rate Matching needs to be
implemented.

There is a beta feature or third party app that work on the Nvidia
Shield TV that solve the frame rate matching problem. At least it did
for me.

I bring this up because other countries may receive content at different
frame rates and that may show as a problem on the Shield TV with MythTV,
I don't know.

For me in the USA, never experienced this with OTA MPEG2 content because
all TV stations I know of use 720P or 1080i and MythTV on all my
frontends work.

So if you have the Shield TV and have issues with frame rate matching
you could look into this beta feature on the Shield TV. My topic is
linked below and the Nvidia staff has links to articles in their response:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/397893/netflix-app-on-shield-tv-2017-verison/2824983/

Jim A