usual details (user name, password, hostname etc.) but no matter which
field I select I can't get keyboard to appear so I can't enter the
correct details.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and running Android 10. I haven't
rooted this tablet or side loaded anything and I haven't installed any
keyboard apps.  Is my tablet not a 'supported device' for Android myth
frontend?

Gavin

Re: Android mythfrontned [ In reply to ]
On 31/08/2020 15:39, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
> I am trying to evaluate the Android mythtv frontend as part of the
> decision making process for replacing my existing combined
> backend/frontend.  I have downloaded and installed 'mythfrontend' from
> the Play Store; it says it is version
> "20200716-arm63-v31.0.79-g89d1991ef3.
>
> When I run it it fails to find my backend (expected behaviour) so I
> tap 'Setup'.  This gives me various screens and fields to enter all
> the usual details (user name, password, hostname etc.) but no matter
> which field I select I can't get keyboard to appear so I can't enter
> the correct details.
>
> I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and running Android 10. I haven't
> rooted this tablet or side loaded anything and I haven't installed any
> keyboard apps.  Is my tablet not a 'supported device' for Android myth
> frontend?
>

> Gavin

Correction to my own post.

I didn't install from Play Store; I downloaded the package from
https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic.

Opps.

Gavin

Re: Android mythfrontned [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:46 AM Gavin Whitehead <
gavinwhiteheadmail@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/08/2020 15:39, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
> > I am trying to evaluate the Android mythtv frontend as part of the
> > decision making process for replacing my existing combined
> > backend/frontend. I have downloaded and installed 'mythfrontend' from
> > the Play Store; it says it is version
> > "20200716-arm63-v31.0.79-g89d1991ef3.
> >
> > When I run it it fails to find my backend (expected behaviour) so I
> > tap 'Setup'. This gives me various screens and fields to enter all
> > the usual details (user name, password, hostname etc.) but no matter
> > which field I select I can't get keyboard to appear so I can't enter
> > the correct details.
> >
> > I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and running Android 10. I haven't
> > rooted this tablet or side loaded anything and I haven't installed any
> > keyboard apps. Is my tablet not a 'supported device' for Android myth
> > frontend?
> >

> > Gavin
> >
> Correction to my own post.
>
> I didn't install from Play Store; I downloaded the package from
> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic.
>
> Opps.
>
> Gavin

The only tablet I have mythtv-frontend and mythtv-leanfront working on is
the Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus tablet. Mythfrontend works fine with the touch
screen. Leanfront warns you about it being an Android TV app, but I can
make it work if I'm careful with the touchscreen.

Jim A