Mailing List Archive

Problems with Screenshots (RePost)

info that was requested later to this one directly, and I checked pics are
displayable.

I read recently that asking on IRC doesn't reach the right people for some
issues, so I repeat my question from last month (maybe longer) here.

The Problem is with sceenshots that are just not displayed.

In my case I have a german version of Once Upon a Time… Man (1) which just
shows me the cover on each episode instead of the screenshot.

I tried to delete metadata (including the banner, cover and screenshot files)
and let it be fetched again, everythig is downloaded but it doesn't change
what is shown. Rights are all correct, the database points to the right file,
and I just didn't managed to find anything related in debug output.

This is the same for Once Upon a Time... The Americas (2), Once Upon a Time...
Life (3) and Once Upon a Time... Planet Earth (4)

While it's working for everything else, including Once Upon a Time... The
Discoverers (5) and Once Upon a Time ... The Explorers (6). I mention these as
I first thought the ... could be the problem.

I started using myth around 0.26 maybe 0.25. The oldest files that don't work
(and never did) are from mid 2012

I just tried to rename the screenshot file to the name of another series, and
there it was displayed,, so the file itself is OK, renaming the file from that
other series, still doesn't show anything.

System is debian testing with deb-multimedia myth.
31.0+fixes20200823.gitd3088629de-dmo1
so I guess d3088629de is the commit Marillat took.

mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v31.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.14.2
Options compiled in:
linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec
using_libcrypto using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11
using_libbluray_external using_xrandr using_systemd_notify
using_systemd_journal using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl
using_drm using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

(1) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-man
(2) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-the-americas
(3) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-life
(4) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-planet-earth
(5) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-the-discoverers
(6) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-the-explorers

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr

Re: Problems with Screenshots (RePost) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 11:19 AM Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de>
wrote:

> The Problem is with sceenshots that are just not displayed.

Do you mean in mythfrontend, mythweb or the webfrontend ?

> In my case I have a german version of Once Upon a Time… Man (1) which just
> shows me the cover on each episode instead of the screenshot.
>
> I tried to delete metadata (including the banner, cover and screenshot
> files)
> and let it be fetched again, everythig is downloaded but it doesn't change
> what is shown. Rights are all correct, the database points to the right
> file,
> and I just didn't managed to find anything related in debug output.

On the wiki, the main page
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library

> has a troubleshooting section, especially the file name convention for
videos
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
Did you follow this?
The title "Once upon a time", or "Es war einmal" (in german) has multiple
entries,
so you need to be very careful on the video file names itself.

I started using myth around 0.26 maybe 0.25. The oldest files that don't
> work
> (and never did) are from mid 2012

If you do in the mythtv-frontend a
I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
on a video in question,you get a lot of log entries in the frontend logs,
if "general, info" is enabled for logging.
You can run the listed grabber commands shown in the log for tmdb3 and
ttvdb.py
in a terminal and examine the xml output for correctness. Please escape the
title
and subtitle or put them simply under quotation marks.

I just tried to rename the screenshot file to the name of another series,
> and
> there it was displayed, so the file itself is OK, renaming the file from
> that
> other series, still doesn't show anything.
>
> The window
I -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
shows a lot of information:
Please review every value there.
Does the inetref value start with "tmdb3_" or "ttvdb_" ?
Is the number correct?

This window let you change the screenshot file as well.
Just move to the checkbox of that file, click on it or press select (space
or enter)
then choose a different one in the popped up window.

Finally, please consider the fact, that the screenshot files are no longer
available at
the tmdb web site. The screenshot, banner and other files should be listed
in the xml
file you get when running the grabber manually.
Re: Problems with Screenshots (RePost) [ In reply to ]
Am Dienstag, 22. September 2020, 19:13:56 CEST schrieb Roland Ernst:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 11:19 AM Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de>
>
> wrote:
> > The Problem is with sceenshots that are just not displayed.
>
> Do you mean in mythfrontend, mythweb or the webfrontend ?

> > and I just didn't managed to find anything related in debug output.
>
> On the wiki, the main page
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library

> has a troubleshooting section, especially the file name convention for
> videos
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing
> Did you follow this?
> The title "Once upon a time", or "Es war einmal" (in german) has multiple
> entries,
> so you need to be very careful on the video file names itself.

That really did help. Not the troubleshooting section, but in a subclause it
was stated that the folder needs the exact name.

I had:

Serien/Es war einmal der Mensch/S1E01 - Eine Neue Welt Ensteht.avi

and renamed it to:

Serien/Es war einmal der... Mensch/S1E01 - Eine Neue Welt Ensteht.avi

That was the whole problem, the dots get removed when calling ttvdb3.py, so
retrieval works fine. It downloads "Es war einmal... Das Leben Season
1x1_screenshot.jpg" and writes it into metadata table in db, so everything it
needs to know is actually there, cover and fanart works also, only the
screenshot is ignored when folder name with the videos doesn't match the
actual series name.

Thank you for the wrong hint with the right info beside it, I think this one
could only be solved by accident. In my eyes this behaviour is a bug, but I'm
sure it won't be threated as one till a series with a slash in the name comes
up.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr

Re: Problems with Screenshots (RePost) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 9:03 PM Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de>
wrote:

> Thank you for the wrong hint with the right info beside it, I think this
> one
> could only be solved by accident. In my eyes this behaviour is a bug, but
> I'm
> sure it won't be threated as one till a series with a slash in the name
> comes
> up.

The file parsing method within mythtv has a special rule for multiple dots
inside the file name.

I do always enter on special video/tv-series names the correct inetref
value in
I -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
One gets this value by searching on tmdb.org or themoviedb.org and it needs
prepend this number with either 'tmdb3.py_' or 'ttvdb.py_" inside the field.

Then I perform the actual search by
I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details

This makes searching much easier, giving more accurate results.
Re: Problems with Screenshots (RePost) [ In reply to ]
Am Dienstag, 22. September 2020, 22:12:12 CEST schrieb Roland Ernst:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 9:03 PM Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de>
>
> wrote:
> > Thank you for the wrong hint with the right info beside it, I think this
> > one
> > could only be solved by accident. In my eyes this behaviour is a bug, but
> > I'm
> > sure it won't be threated as one till a series with a slash in the name
> > comes
> > up.
>
> The file parsing method within mythtv has a special rule for multiple dots
> inside the file name.

I know, but having the correct filename for the screenshot in the database and
then constructing it from the directory name is just wrong, it's either
useless construction, or useless data saved.

> I do always enter on special video/tv-series names the correct inetref
> value in
> I -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
> One gets this value by searching on tmdb.org or themoviedb.org and it needs
> prepend this number with either 'tmdb3.py_' or 'ttvdb.py_" inside the field.
>
> Then I perform the actual search by
> I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details
>
> This makes searching much easier, giving more accurate results.

Sure, but it works against the meaning of automatic. If there are entries in
both places (which should happen either, but it happens), then manual action
is needed of course, but if there is a naming sheme, naming the files right
should be most if not all that needs to be done.

Beside the fact that I would have to change theme for entering that stuff, as
Terra doesn't show this field.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr