Series].

sincerely

Klaus
Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match
what you are hearing (do the lips startand finish moving at the same
time the audio starts and finishes)? If so the problem is not the audio
but rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.

mike

Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
Le 19/08/2020 à 18:12, Mike Carron a écrit :
> When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match
> what you are hearing (do the lips startand finish moving at the same
> time the audio starts and finishes)? If so the problem is not the audio
> but rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.
>
> mike

And where can I find that ?

Klaus
Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
That depends on the version of MythTV you are using, the OS it runs on,
what additional drivers you have installed and some other factors. The
link I provided should provide a start.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Index

mike

Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
Le 19/08/2020 à 22:14, Mike Carron a écrit :
> When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match
> what you are hearing (do the lips startand finish moving at the same
> time the audio starts and finishes)?

Yes.

If so the problem is not the
> audio but rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.
>
> mike

Can you explain me what "overall playback speed" means ?

I use XFCE4 in Debian unstable and Mythtv 31.

Klaus
Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
To me it is a speed where audio and video are in sync.

The manual I linked to should help.

mike

Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
On 19/08/2020 21:50, Klaus Becker wrote:

> Le 19/08/2020 à 22:14, Mike Carron a écrit :
>> When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match
>> what you are hearing (do the lips startand finish moving at the same
>> time the audio starts and finishes)?
>
> Yes.
>

> If so the problem is not the
>> audio but rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.
>>
>> mike
>
> Can you explain me what "overall playback speed" means ?
>
> I use XFCE4 in Debian unstable and Mythtv 31.
>
> Klaus

It's usually called 'time stretch' and can be controlled from the
keyboard by the default 'A' key folloowed by left or right arrows.
Audio playback is at normal pitch, but faster or slower.

There's also a coarser speed up/slow down by U or J, without audio.

John P
Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
> On 20 Aug 2020, at 12:12 am, Mike Carron <jmcarron@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match what you are hearing (do the lips start and finish moving at the same time the audio starts and finishes)? If so the problem is not the audio but rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.
>
> mike
>
> On 8/19/20 1:31 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> while watching tv, I have no problem. But while watching videos, people speak very quickly, it is difficult to understand them.

One of the (very very very) few perks of having MS is the ability to watch how your brain deals with data.
Example is lip-sync was just an irritation (when messed up) until you see that it is an important channel, Speech without lip-sync is much harder to understand. Also interesting is that hearing with two ears as opposed to one significantly affects decoding.
James
Re: audio problem [solved] [ In reply to ]
Le 19/08/2020 à 23:29, John Pilkington a écrit :
> On 19/08/2020 21:50, Klaus Becker wrote:
>>

>> Le 19/08/2020 à 22:14, Mike Carron a écrit :
>>> When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match
>>> what you are hearing (do the lips startand finish moving at the same
>>> time the audio starts and finishes)?
>>
>> Yes.
>>

>> If so the problem is not the
>>> audio but rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.
>>>
>>> mike
>>
>> Can you explain me what "overall playback speed" means ?
>>
>> I use XFCE4 in Debian unstable and Mythtv 31.
>>
>> Klaus
>
> It's usually called 'time stretch'  and can be controlled from the
> keyboard by the default  'A' key folloowed by  left or right arrows.
> Audio playback is at normal pitch, but faster or slower.

Hello John,

works. I get the message "Time stretch 2.00x". When I set it to 1.00,
the problem is gone. It is also possible with the "M" key.

I set the default time stretch value from 200 to 100 in "Setup - Video -
Playback Groups - Default Group". Not easy to find. I created the
problem by testing this option, than I forgot where to find it.

thanks for help

Klaus

Re: audio problem [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 09:56, jam@tigger.ws <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 20 Aug 2020, at 12:12 am, Mike Carron <jmcarron@gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > When people are speaking very quickly does watching their lips match
> what you are hearing (do the lips start and finish moving at the same time
> the audio starts and finishes)? If so the problem is not the audio but
> rather the overall playback speed. I would look there first.
> >
> > mike
> >
> > On 8/19/20 1:31 AM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> while watching tv, I have no problem. But while watching videos, people
> speak very quickly, it is difficult to understand them.
>
> One of the (very very very) few perks of having MS is the ability to watch
> how your brain deals with data.
> Example is lip-sync was just an irritation (when messed up) until you see
> that it is an important channel, Speech without lip-sync is much harder to
> understand. Also interesting is that hearing with two ears as opposed to
> one significantly affects decoding.
> James

Can anyone tell me why timestretch now doesn't have any audio at all?

I'm still running v30 but appears to have happened several updates ago,
typically only use it for sports....

Regards,

Anthony