Mailing List Archive

Problems with my remote control and Flirc
Hello,

By the time I updated from Debian 9 to 10, my remote control configured
with ir-keytable stopped working. For some reason I am not able to load
any rc-dib0700-rc5 driver on my Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T.

After reading many good reviews of Flirc, I bought one but had trouble
getting it to work. One of the problems was that it, together with my
Logitech Harmony One +, only reacted to every other button press.
Another problem was that it occasionally lost the entire configuration
and I had to reprogram it again.

Within the warranty period, I got my Flirc replaced with a new unit.
The problem with every other keystroke is still there and now the
problem is that my Flirc is not initialized correctly at each boot but
I have to disconnect it at those times and then reconnect it for it to
work.

I have been in contact with the manufacturer of Flirc and the problem
with every other keystroke is apparently a known problem in combination
with Logitech Harmony One + and is apparently due to a bug in Linux USB
HID interface polling time for UHCI while it works well for XHCI.

I have tried with the included control for my Nova-T card but it also
has problems with every other button press. A remote control for a
Toshiba TV works for each keystroke.

Given that so many seem happy with Flirc, I wonder if anyone can help me
in case there is something I do wrong or that I need to do as I missed?

Greetings,
Peter Carlsson
Re: Problems with my remote control and Flirc [ In reply to ]
Have you tried this page?

https://support.flirc.tv/hc/en-us

mike

Re: Problems with my remote control and Flirc [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 08:54:28PM -0700, Mike Carron wrote:
> Have you tried this page?
>
> https://support.flirc.tv/hc/en-us

Thanks for your input but I have already seen it but I will take a
closer look once more.

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson