Mailing List Archive

Leanfront and mythtvfrontend working on Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus tablet
We just got a Fire HD 8 Plus tablet and I had to load Mythtv Leanfront
and Mythfrontend.  Both work but had a few minor issues. Mostly keyboard
related.

When I installed Google Play I was told to install the 64bit version of
some package so I thought I'd try the 64 bit version of Mythfrontend,
but had problems. I then installed the 32 bit version of both
mythfrontend and leanfront.

For leanfront I had to use a USB keyboard to get the IP for the backend
entered, but from then on the touch screen works. mythfrontend found the
backend via search and worked out of the box.

Not sure I'll use it much, but it was fun to try it. The tablet is
basically a replacement for an old Fire tablet and an even older iPad.

Jim A