By the way: I tried several european grabbers

sincerely

Klaus
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 22:35, Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed MythTV on a fresh Debian unstable and nearly everything
> works fine. But my program guide is empty.
>
> I choose to have no grabber. I had the same choice on my old Debian, and
> there was no problem with the program guide.
>
> /home is on another partition than the OS, do I have to delete an old
> config-file?
>
> By the way: I tried several european grabbers
>

> You could try EIT which can be present in the broadcast signal and does
not cost anything. For example, on the Dutch DVB-C and DVB-T2 signals the
guide data is excellent but only for a few days. On the Astra-2 28.2E
satellite, which has the UK Freesat signals, there is also good guide data.
On the Astra-1 19.2E satellite some channels do have EIT but some other
channels have not.
Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this costs
a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give you
usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.

Klaas.
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
Le 09/08/2020 à 00:03, Klaas de Waal a écrit :

> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 22:35, Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com
> <mailto:colonius47@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed MythTV on a fresh Debian unstable and nearly everything
> works fine. But my program guide is empty.
>
> I choose to have no grabber. I had the same choice on my old Debian,
> and
> there was no problem with the program guide.
>
> /home is on another partition than the OS, do I have to delete an old
> config-file?
>
> By the way: I tried several european grabbers
>

> You could try EIT which can be present in the broadcast signal and does
> not cost anything. For example, on the Dutch DVB-C and DVB-T2 signals
> the guide data is excellent but only for a few days. On the Astra-2
> 28.2E satellite, which has the UK Freesat signals, there is also good
> guide data. On the Astra-1 19.2E satellite some channels do have EIT but
> some other channels have not.
> Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this
> costs a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give
> you usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.
>
> Klaas.

Thanks for your answer.

I forgot to say: I live in France and I want to watch german tv channels.

On my previous installation, I got program informations for free without
any grabber.

have a nice day

Klaus
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
Le 09/08/2020 à 00:03, Klaas de Waal a écrit :

> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 22:35, Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com
> <mailto:colonius47@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed MythTV on a fresh Debian unstable and nearly everything
> works fine. But my program guide is empty.
>
> I choose to have no grabber. I had the same choice on my old Debian,
> and
> there was no problem with the program guide.
>
> /home is on another partition than the OS, do I have to delete an old
> config-file?
>
> By the way: I tried several european grabbers
>

> You could try EIT which can be present in the broadcast signal and does
> not cost anything. For example, on the Dutch DVB-C and DVB-T2 signals
> the guide data is excellent but only for a few days. On the Astra-2
> 28.2E satellite, which has the UK Freesat signals, there is also good
> guide data. On the Astra-1 19.2E satellite some channels do have EIT but
> some other channels have not.
> Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this
> costs a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give
> you usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.
>
> Klaas.
I tried EIT and I launched mythfilldatabase:

$ mythfilldatabase
2020-08-09 10:01:57.893010 C mythfilldatabase version: [v31.0]
www.mythtv.org
2020-08-09 10:01:57.893043 C Qt version: compile: 5.14.2, runtime: 5.14.2
2020-08-09 10:01:57.897393 I Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid (x86_64)
2020-08-09 10:01:58.961563 I Power: On AC power
2020-08-09 10:01:58.961586 I Power: Supported actions:
Suspend,Hibernate,Restart,Shutdown,HybridSleep
2020-08-09 10:01:58.962400 I Loading de translation for module mythfrontend
2020-08-09 10:01:58.963880 I Current MythTV Schema Version
(DBSchemaVer): 1361
2020-08-09 10:01:58.966756 I MythCoreContext::ConnectCommandSocket():
Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2020-08-09 10:01:58.967897 I MythCoreContext::CheckProtoVersion():
Using protocol version 91 BuzzOff
2020-08-09 10:01:58.968169 I Opening blocking connection to master backend
2020-08-09 10:01:58.968938 I Source 1 configured to use only the
broadcasted guide data. Skipping.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.971059 N Data fetching complete.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.971073 I Adjusting program database end times.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.971313 I 0 replacements made
2020-08-09 10:01:58.971317 I Marking generic episodes.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.971629 I Found 0
2020-08-09 10:01:58.971634 I Extending non-unique programids with
multiple parts.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.972066 I Found 0
2020-08-09 10:01:58.972071 I Fixing missing original airdates.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.972544 I Found 0 with programids
2020-08-09 10:01:58.973695 I Found 0 without programids
2020-08-09 10:01:58.973700 I Marking repeats.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.974597 I Found 0
2020-08-09 10:01:58.974601 I Unmarking new episode rebroadcast repeats.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.974834 I Found 0
2020-08-09 10:01:58.975099 I Marking episode first showings.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.976881 I Found 5
2020-08-09 10:01:58.976886 I Marking episode last showings.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.978578 I Found 5
2020-08-09 10:01:58.979345 I
| Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling. |
| If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when |
| the master backend is restarted. |
2020-08-09 10:01:58.980480 N mythfilldatabase run complete.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.981286 I PowerDBus: Closing interfaces
2020-08-09 10:01:58.982467 I Waiting for threads to exit.
2020-08-09 10:01:58.983364 I Exiting

The program guide is still empty

Klaus
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
Le 09/08/2020 à 00:03, Klaas de Waal a écrit :

> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 22:35, Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com
> <mailto:colonius47@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed MythTV on a fresh Debian unstable and nearly everything
> works fine. But my program guide is empty.
>
> I choose to have no grabber. I had the same choice on my old Debian,
> and
> there was no problem with the program guide.
>
> /home is on another partition than the OS, do I have to delete an old
> config-file?
>
> By the way: I tried several european grabbers
>

> You could try EIT which can be present in the broadcast signal and does
> not cost anything. For example, on the Dutch DVB-C and DVB-T2 signals
> the guide data is excellent but only for a few days. On the Astra-2
> 28.2E satellite, which has the UK Freesat signals, there is also good
> guide data. On the Astra-1 19.2E satellite some channels do have EIT but
> some other channels have not.
> Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this
> costs a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give
> you usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.
>
> Klaas.

I choose EIT and I just regarded again: there are some few informations
now, so I hope the program guide becomes to work again.

Klaus
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this costs a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give you usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.

As a data point, SD gives between 2 and 3 weeks of data for UK Freeview - it's largely dependent of what the channels provide to SD. I've never regretted switching.

Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried EIT and I launched mythfilldatabase:

mythfilldatabase doesn't do anything for EIT data.

> The program guide is still empty

As you've found, it takes time.
EIT is transmitted alongside the program streams. In the Uk we're lucky in that it seems to be on all the muxes, but I gather in some places it's only on a subset. A tuner has to be active to collect this data - IIRC (not having used EIT for a long time) there's an option you can set for a tuner for it to be used for "active" EIT collection. I fyou use active collection, when a tuner is free, Myth will use it to tune into a mux and grab the EIT data from it.
Normally, "passive" EIT collection grabs the EIT that comes by when a tuner is being used for a recording - so until you record something, you may have no guide data at all.

Simon
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
Le 09/08/2020 à 10:59, Simon Hobson a écrit :
> Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this costs a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give you usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.
>
> As a data point, SD gives between 2 and 3 weeks of data for UK Freeview - it's largely dependent of what the channels provide to SD. I've never regretted switching.

EIT seems to work now and I know it gives me informations for 2 weeks
for german tv. That's really enough.

sincerely

Klaus

Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 10:09:59 +0200, you wrote:

>I choose EIT and I just regarded again: there are some few informations
>now, so I hope the program guide becomes to work again.

You have to leave EIT working for a while so that it has time to see
all the EPG data being broadcast.
Re: program guide empty [ In reply to ]
Le 09/08/2020 à 11:07, Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 10:09:59 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> I choose EIT and I just regarded again: there are some few informations
>> now, so I hope the program guide becomes to work again.
>
> You have to leave EIT working for a while so that it has time to see
> all the EPG data being broadcast.

Yes, it's filling the program guide slowly.

Klaus