I took a screenshot with adb and it does not show the ghosting at all, but
as soon as the screenshot is taken (directly after the adb prompt returns),
it clears as well and the screenshot does not have the ghosting.

Pics here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Tb7JCjsF8bZmmAE7OV_vEH80J4RfxLy?usp=sharing

I am not sure what else to try - does the theme make a difference here?

TiA,

Greg
Re: Mythfrontend on Android Osprey (non Shield or Fire*) [ In reply to ]
On 8/8/20 10:54 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have mythfrontend running on an Osprey box.  The video playback is
> good (recording some sports to really see today), but the OSD I cannot
> get set properly at all.
>
> I have tried OpenGL 1 & 2 both, but I get past menu ghosting
> constantly.  I have tried the extra stage of OpenGL shading under
> playback, but it did not make a difference.  If I leave it on a menu
> screen, it eventually clears itself, but it takes quite a while (minutes).
>
> I took a screenshot with adb and it does not show the ghosting at all,
> but as soon as the screenshot is taken (directly after the adb prompt
> returns), it clears as well and the screenshot does not have the ghosting.
>
> Pics here:
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Tb7JCjsF8bZmmAE7OV_vEH80J4RfxLy?usp=sharing
>
> I am not sure what else to try - does the theme make a difference here?
>
> TiA,
>
> Greg

Try leanfront ?
Re: Mythfrontend on Android Osprey (non Shield or Fire*) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 1:15 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/8/20 10:54 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have mythfrontend running on an Osprey box. The video playback is good
> (recording some sports to really see today), but the OSD I cannot get set
> properly at all.
>
> I have tried OpenGL 1 & 2 both, but I get past menu ghosting constantly.
> I have tried the extra stage of OpenGL shading under playback, but it did
> not make a difference. If I leave it on a menu screen, it eventually
> clears itself, but it takes quite a while (minutes).
>
> I took a screenshot with adb and it does not show the ghosting at all, but
> as soon as the screenshot is taken (directly after the adb prompt returns),
> it clears as well and the screenshot does not have the ghosting.
>
> Pics here:
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Tb7JCjsF8bZmmAE7OV_vEH80J4RfxLy?usp=sharing
>
> I am not sure what else to try - does the theme make a difference here?
>
> TiA,
>
> Greg

> Try leanfront ?

Yep - leanfront is nice, but I am unable to live without the COMMSKIP
button and the ability to mass delete files via the playlist function, so I
am trying to get this going :)

I was able to get smooth video and good deinterlacing with your latest
avsync2 function, so thanks for that. Honestly I can live with the
ghosting since I am rarely in the menus, but I record series for 2 seasons
before I watch them because I hate it when they cancel shows I am invested
in, so the playlist deletion is deal breaker for leanfront almost as much
as the commskip button. It does have great smooth playback though.

-Greg