Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: git choas [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 9:41 AM jam@tigger.ws <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 1 Aug 2020, at 9:33 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to uninstall some dependencies on my VM and test if I can
> reproduce.
> > _
> John this was a clean install of highsierra on parallels.
>
> Install xcode, mac ports, cl tools
>
> (VBox really does poorly with osx)
> James

I'm actually running my VM in VBox and am having no issues. I just wiped
my macports install and am building from scratch. My current best guess is
that I messed something up in the ansible configs...
Re: git choas [ In reply to ]
I tracked down the problem - it wasn't the install script, but I did mess
up ansible by removing the pip package requirement. I've sent a patch to
Bill and once he corrects my mistake in the ansible repo everything should
be back to a working state.

Re: git choas [ In reply to ]

> I tracked down the problem - it wasn't the install script, but I did mess
> up ansible by removing the pip package requirement. I've sent a patch to
> Bill and once he corrects my mistake in the ansible repo everything should
> be back to a working state.

James - Bill just pushed the "pip" fix to mythtv's ansible repo as well as
added the compile script to packaging. When you have a moment (certainly
no rush), please try to kickoff another build - I'm optimistic that this
should fix the problems you had earlier.
Re: git choas [ In reply to ]
> On 2 Aug 2020, at 6:13 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I tracked down the problem - it wasn't the install script, but I did mess up ansible by removing the pip package requirement. I've sent a patch to Bill and once he corrects my mistake in the ansible repo everything should be back to a working state.
>
> James - Bill just pushed the "pip" fix to mythtv's ansible repo as well as added the compile script to packaging. When you have a moment (certainly no rush), please try to kickoff another build - I'm optimistic that this should fix the problems you had earlier.
John
a fresh VM, macports, xcode.
build with script - ok
set resolution to low []
Run. Everything I looked at in 5 min was ok, including meta data lookup.
James
Re: git choas [ In reply to ]

> John
> a fresh VM, macports, xcode.
> build with script - ok
> set resolution to low []
> Run. Everything I looked at in 5 min was ok, including meta data lookup.

Thanks James!
Re: git choas [ In reply to ]
John

>> I tracked down the problem - it wasn't the install script, but I did mess up ansible by removing the pip package requirement. I've sent a patch to Bill and once he corrects my mistake in the ansible repo everything should be back to a working state.
>>
>> James - Bill just pushed the "pip" fix to mythtv's ansible repo as well as added the compile script to packaging. When you have a moment (certainly no rush), please try to kickoff another build - I'm optimistic that this should fix the problems you had earlier.
>
> a fresh VM, macports, xcode.
> build with script - ok
> set resolution to low []
> Run. Everything I looked at in 5 min was ok, including meta data lookup.

5 min of spelunking, all was good, but if ... and I think if you are struggling here you should not be trying to build ...

run compileBla.zsh

builds mythtv-31 (whatever) including ansible including compileBla.zsh

It was a dark and stormy night the captain said to his men "gather round I've a terrible tale to tell". And this is the tale he told "It was a dark and stormy night ..."

James