$ /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t Failed to import
PyTMDB3 library. This should have been included with the python MythTV
bindings.
I suspect that the cause is either a missing package (Fedora 31) or
something related to the python2 to python3 conversion.
Does anyone have pointers to additional tests that can be performed or
references to known resolutions?
Steve
Re: working the kinks out after fixes/31 upgrade [ In reply to ]
On 7/25/20 1:02 PM, Stephen Baker wrote:
> I just completed the upgrade to fixes/31 [v31.0-13-g2cd6ccb419]. The upgrade worked quite well. Thanks to all those that put great effort into
> making the upgrade process smooth. There were a couple instances of channels that did not map correctly moving from SD to XMLTV. That was a
> problem that I caused myself, making changes to the database outside the UI. I am currently down to one problem. I cannot get mythmetadatalookup
> to work. I have traced the problem as far as a python script. This is the test that fails.
>
> $ /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t
> Failed to import PyTMDB3 library. This should have been included with the python MythTV bindings.
>
> I suspect that the cause is either a missing package (Fedora 31) or something related to the python2 to python3 conversion.
>
> Does anyone have pointers to additional tests that can be performed or references to known resolutions?

The tmdb3 package is part of the MythTV Python bindings. Try this:

$ sudo updatedb && locate -b '\tmdb3'

I'd expect something *similar* to one of these

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3

The default Python selection at build time is python3 but it can be
changed. It's the --python switch for ./configure

Some scripts have their shebangs adjusted at build time based on the Python version
selected. An example for my hosts:

$ head -1 /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
#!/usr/bin/python3

The Python version should match the location in /usr/local/lib...
Type python3 (or python2 or python) --version to get yours.

--
Bill
Re: working the kinks out after fixes/31 upgrade [ In reply to ]
I finally got beyond the problem that I reported back in
July https://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2020-July/404330.html
 . A break in my work schedule afforded me the time to recompile
everything. And I knew that I needed to recompile because of the
sporadic crashes of mythbackend. The compile of v31.0-130-g016630a35c
completed without error. However, this time I took the heavy-handed
approach to installing. I removed every file that was related to mythtv
from /usr/local. There were plenty of legacy files going back to 0.25.
While clearing things out I found there were some conflicting files in
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages. Now, after install,
mythmetadatalookup completes without error. I can now process the
backlog of jobs that I put a hold no back in July.

Steve