Mailing List Archive

Instructions for mythconverge_backup.pl
I had a script that ran mythconverge_backup.pl every night to make a backup of the database to my home directory which I backup
and is on a raid mirror.

I do this because I want my database backed up.

Unfortunately, at some point this script has changed, and now even though I run it from my home directory, the backup is saved
in the recordings directory which is a single drive, and not backed up.

Of course, I lost by recordings drive, and therefore lost my database backups. I went and checked the drive the backups my
script used to save to and found that the last backup was in November of 2019.

I'm starting from a blank data base now, and don't want to repeat this problem, so I need to know how to tell
mythconverge_backup.pl where to save backups.

I did a google search but could not find any instructions on how to use mythconverge_backup.pl.

I would appreciate it if someone would point me at the instructions for mythconverge_backup.pl.

Thanks.

Re: Instructions for mythconverge_backup.pl [ In reply to ]
On 7/24/20 10:35 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> I had a script that ran mythconverge_backup.pl every night to make a backup of the database to my home directory which I backup
> and is on a raid mirror.
>
> I do this because I want my database backed up.
>
> Unfortunately, at some point this script has changed, and now even though I run it from my home directory, the backup is saved
> in the recordings directory which is a single drive, and not backed up.
>
> Of course, I lost by recordings drive, and therefore lost my database backups. I went and checked the drive the backups my
> script used to save to and found that the last backup was in November of 2019.
>
> I'm starting from a blank data base now, and don't want to repeat this problem, so I need to know how to tell
> mythconverge_backup.pl where to save backups.
>
> I did a google search but could not find any instructions on how to use mythconverge_backup.pl.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone would point me at the instructions for mythconverge_backup.pl.

It's mythconverg_backup.pl (remove the last e.)

If you type the command with --help or --help --help, you'll get detailed
instructions. Select the backup directory from the command line or a
backuprc file.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

--
Bill
Re: Instructions for mythconverge_backup.pl [ In reply to ]
On 7/24/20 8:49 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 7/24/20 10:35 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>> I had a script that ran mythconverge_backup.pl every night to make a backup of the database to my home directory which I backup
>> and is on a raid mirror.
>>
>> I do this because I want my database backed up.
>>
>> Unfortunately, at some point this script has changed, and now even though I run it from my home directory, the backup is saved
>> in the recordings directory which is a single drive, and not backed up.
>>
>> Of course, I lost by recordings drive, and therefore lost my database backups. I went and checked the drive the backups my
>> script used to save to and found that the last backup was in November of 2019.
>>
>> I'm starting from a blank data base now, and don't want to repeat this problem, so I need to know how to tell
>> mythconverge_backup.pl where to save backups.
>>
>> I did a google search but could not find any instructions on how to use mythconverge_backup.pl.
>>
>> I would appreciate it if someone would point me at the instructions for mythconverge_backup.pl.
>

> It's mythconverg_backup.pl (remove the last e.)
>
> If you type the command with --help or --help --help, you'll get detailed
> instructions. Select the backup directory from the command line or a
> backuprc file.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Thank you that was exactly what I needed.