Mailing List Archive

Help in upgrading
> Ramesh
>
> I tried a few weeks ago to install on ubuntu 2.04.
> Can't remember why but it failed to as per the wiki with ansible I built from src which was quick and easy
>
> James
Not sure I understand. Can you elaborate?

Regards
Ramesh

Re: Help in upgrading [ In reply to ]
> On 16 Jul 2020, at 1:05 am, R. Ramesh <rramesh@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Ramesh
>>
>> I tried a few weeks ago to install on ubuntu 2.04.
>> Can't remember why but it failed to as per the wiki with ansible I built from src which was quick and easy
>>
>> James
> Not sure I understand. Can you elaborate?

Hi
I installed the 20.04 packages and that did not go well.
Yesterday (maybe John) said do not use the distro packages but use the ppa. And explained reasons.
I built from src as per the wiki and that was quick and easy.
In any event (struggles for nice words) I did not like some of the decisions made by the ubuntu developers eg crazy passwords for user:mythtv on the db to stop my wife hacking mythtv !!! so I used the opportunity to let sanity prevail.
I was just saying
if you can’t find packages that suit you then building from src is easy
James