Other hints ?

thanks

Klaus
Re: MythTV on new OS [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 11:13:19 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to reinstall Debian unstable on my computer. Of course I would
>like to keep my configuration, list of recordings and so on.
>
>Debian and /home are on 2 dedicated partitions.
>
>I suppose I have to backup database and import it on the new OS ?
>Database = mythconverg-1361-20200619090837.sql.gz (for example) ?
>
>How to import it on new system ?
>
>Other hints ?
>
>thanks
>
>Klaus

You use mythconverg_backup.pl to backup the database and
mythconverg_restore.pl to restore it. Before restoring on the new
system, you have to do a normal install of MythTV so that the
mythconverg database is set up correctly and there are GRANTs that
allow access to it using the /etc/mythtv/config.xml file. Both .pl
files have full help using the --help option, but take a look at the
web page for the proper procedure:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore