Mythweb virtual host
I am trying to add an additional virtual host, I have moved mythweb from
the default and thats working but my new virtual hosts document root always
gets /mythweb/ added to the path. Looked and looked at apache2 to try to
figure out where its being written as default but coming up empty right
now. Anyone have any information where to updated that override would be
great.

Thanks
Re: Mythweb virtual host [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 11:35:42 -0500, you wrote:

>I am trying to add an additional virtual host, I have moved mythweb from
>the default and thats working but my new virtual hosts document root always
>gets /mythweb/ added to the path. Looked and looked at apache2 to try to
>figure out where its being written as default but coming up empty right
>now. Anyone have any information where to updated that override would be
>great.
>
>Thanks

I found this in /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf:

# If MythWeb is installed outside of the document root (eg. using
Alias) then
# you will need to set this directive to the base URL that MythWeb is
visible
# from externally. If you do not, the web server will return 'not
found'.
# RewriteBase /mythweb

So maybe you need to set RewriteBase to /.
Re: Mythweb virtual host [ In reply to ]
On 27/06/2020 17:35, Tom Bishop wrote:
> I am trying to add an additional virtual host, I have moved mythweb from
> the default and thats working but my new virtual hosts document root
> always gets /mythweb/ added to the path.  Looked and looked at apache2
> to try to figure out where its being written as default but coming up
> empty right now.  Anyone have any information where to updated that
> override would be great.

What do you have in your virtual host file? You might be missing a
DocumentRoot. For example I have the following under
/etc/apache2/sites-available (in mythweb.conf):

<VirtualHost *:80>
ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/mythtv.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/mythtv.log combined
ServerName mythtv.netscum.org.uk
DocumentRoot /var/www/sites/mythweb
</VirtualHost>

/var/www/sites/mythweb is a symlink to /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb (or
where ever you have mythweb installed). Then accessing
http://mythtv.netscum.org.uk goes to the mythweb site. If you want
https access you'll need a virtual host stanza for that too.

Once that's in the file you need to

# a2ensite mythweb.conf
# systemctl reload apache2

(on Debian at any rate)

HTH

Stefan

Re: Mythweb virtual host [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 7:14 AM Stefan Davids <mythtv@stefan.davids.uk.net>
wrote:

> On 27/06/2020 17:35, Tom Bishop wrote:
> > I am trying to add an additional virtual host, I have moved mythweb from
> > the default and thats working but my new virtual hosts document root
> > always gets /mythweb/ added to the path. Looked and looked at apache2
> > to try to figure out where its being written as default but coming up
> > empty right now. Anyone have any information where to updated that
> > override would be great.
>
> What do you have in your virtual host file? You might be missing a
> DocumentRoot. For example I have the following under
> /etc/apache2/sites-available (in mythweb.conf):
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/mythtv.log
> CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/mythtv.log combined
> ServerName mythtv.netscum.org.uk
> DocumentRoot /var/www/sites/mythweb
> </VirtualHost>
>
> /var/www/sites/mythweb is a symlink to /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb (or
> where ever you have mythweb installed). Then accessing
> http://mythtv.netscum.org.uk goes to the mythweb site. If you want
> https access you'll need a virtual host stanza for that too.
>
> Once that's in the file you need to
>
> # a2ensite mythweb.conf
> # systemctl reload apache2
>
> (on Debian at any rate)
>
> HTH
>
> Stefan

Thanks guys, I had it working but the browser was trying to *cough* help me
out by caching the pages. When I tried it under a clean browser it's
working fine. :)