Mailing List Archive

slightly OT - kodi plugin user straw poll
Hi,

Every time I've considered using kodi with the mythtv-plugin as a full-time frontend, I've found the loading time to be quite high. On starting kodi, the channels become available reasonably quickly, the guide update runs and then theres several minutes before the recordings become available. I've timed this on both my low-powered laptop and my xbox one x, and it takes 3 minutes 50 seconds, give or take 5 seconds, on both. Unfortunately this is long enough for my kids to abandon it and jump back to Netflix.

It sounds like others are happily using this setup without complaint, so I'm wondering how kodi/the plugin are generally used and if the long load times are a common experience or is there possibly a cog slipping in my setup somewhere?

Possible factors...my database is 11 years old and the mythweb recordings page says I have 7,529 recordings.

Cheers
Rick