commit 31c68a14e816df1ff256280821aeaf8e5f14610d (refs/bisect/bad)
Author: Mark Kendall <mark.kendall@gmail.com>
Date:?? Tue Mar 10 20:50:03 2020 +0000

??? MythDeinterlacer: Don't cleanup deinterlacer if already deinterlaced

??? (cherry picked from commit 62a8f70bcb6aa1015f545808e3b9007666b6dbb8)

--a quote from another website explaining the dynamics.

The problem occurs with UK DVB-T2 streams which use on-the-fly dynamic
progressive / interlaced encoder switching.
These channels dynamically switch the broadcast encoders between 1080p25
and 1080i25 (i.e. actually switch the encoder from progressive to
interlaced) on a GOP-by-GOP basis, rather than just staying permanently
in 1080i25 (and using MBAFF to handle static/native progressive content).

I have tried before to raise a fault report but never managed to log in.

If I do a git checkout fixes/31 to go forward to current head how do I
just eliminate that single change?

V31 software playback Double rate de-interlacer causing audio to go out of step [ In reply to ]
Raised as https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13629#ticket