Tips to help with debugging Mythtv Leanfront
Just trying out leanfront-v0-143-gf3a3ff1.apk on my FireStick and I've got
a number of stability issues.

Peter - any chance you can add a debugging guide with some sample "adb"
commands to your documentation at
https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront.

Older MPEG-2 DVB-S records appear to be OK.

My issues appear to be with recent MP4 based IPTV recordings.
Re: Tips to help with debugging Mythtv Leanfront [ In reply to ]
> Just trying out leanfront-v0-143-gf3a3ff1.apk on my FireStick and I've got
> a number of stability issues.
>
> Peter - any chance you can add a debugging guide with some sample "adb"
> commands to your documentation at
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront.
>
> Older MPEG-2 DVB-S records appear to be OK.
>
> My issues appear to be with recent MP4 based IPTV recordings.

Digging back through the email list the best tip I've found is

adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log

I'm playing a stream that is still recording, and playback exists while
the recording is still continuing - The only log output I can see is.

I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At 6pm
http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 291818300
I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 296669452

And again a second playback attempt - same issue.

I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At 6pm
http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 321399536
I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 32399656

Re: Tips to help with debugging Mythtv Leanfront [ In reply to ]
On 5/26/20 2:28 AM, OpenMedia Support wrote:
>> Just trying out leanfront-v0-143-gf3a3ff1.apk on my FireStick and I've got
>> a number of stability issues.
>>
>> Peter - any chance you can add a debugging guide with some sample "adb"
>> commands to your documentation at
>> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront.
>>
>> Older MPEG-2 DVB-S records appear to be OK.
>>
>> My issues appear to be with recent MP4 based IPTV recordings.
> Digging back through the email list the best tip I've found is
>
> adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
>

> I'm playing a stream that is still recording, and playback exists while
> the recording is still continuing - The only log output I can see is.
>
> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At 6pm
> http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 291818300
> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 296669452
>

> And again a second playback attempt - same issue.
>
> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At 6pm
> http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 321399536
> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to 32399656

Is this only happening when you have forwarded until you are close to
watching the recording real-time ( you are near the point where
recording is being written)?

When it stops if you press enter to see the OSD what does the elapsed
time say? (It may say something like 12:00 / 12:15 or it may say
something like 12:55 / -- or even -- / --).

When it reaches what may be the end of the recording, it retries for 5
seconds and if there is no further increase in file size it stops.
Possibly your recording is being written in buffers of more than 5
seconds, so that it detects no increase. If so, I could increase the
time for retries to see if that helps.

Peter

Re: Tips to help with debugging Mythtv Leanfront [ In reply to ]

> On 5/26/20 2:28 AM, OpenMedia Support wrote:
>>> Just trying out leanfront-v0-143-gf3a3ff1.apk on my FireStick and I've
>>> got
>>> a number of stability issues.
>>>
>>> Peter - any chance you can add a debugging guide with some sample "adb"
>>> commands to your documentation at
>>> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront.
>>>
>>> Older MPEG-2 DVB-S records appear to be OK.
>>>
>>> My issues appear to be with recent MP4 based IPTV recordings.
>> Digging back through the email list the best tip I've found is
>>
>> adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
>>

>> I'm playing a stream that is still recording, and playback exists while
>> the recording is still continuing - The only log output I can see is.
>>
>> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At
>> 6pm
>> http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
>> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 291818300
>> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe (16494): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 296669452
>>

>> And again a second playback attempt - same issue.
>>
>> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Initializing Player for 1 News At
>> 6pm
>> http://192.168.0.17:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/10901_20200526055700.ts
>> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 321399536
>> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment Playing offset mSec:0
>> I/lfe (16719): PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to
>> 32399656
>>
> Is this only happening when you have forwarded until you are close to
> watching the recording real-time ( you are near the point where
> recording is being written)?
>
> When it stops if you press enter to see the OSD what does the elapsed
> time say? (It may say something like 12:00 / 12:15 or it may say
> something like 12:55 / -- or even -- / --).
>
> When it reaches what may be the end of the recording, it retries for 5
> seconds and if there is no further increase in file size it stops.
> Possibly your recording is being written in buffers of more than 5
> seconds, so that it detects no increase. If so, I could increase the
> time for retries to see if that helps.

I'm probably within 5-10 seconds of live and the payback starts to
stutter. Then it pauses and eventually exits. When I re-start it picks up
the bookmark and comes back in at the correct spot most of the time.

This usually affects me when I'm watching the 6pm news and I start to
catch up as I skip thru the ads