TV via HDMI (I never unplug it). The machine is actually a laptop
that had a flaky monitor, so I actually took it apart and disconnected
the laptop LCD connection from the motherboard so that it wouldn't
detect the laptop monitor. So it is only connected to the TV via
HDMI. I have this line in grub (and installed)

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash video=HDMI-1-1:1920x1080@60:D"

This is last hurdle I seem to have. Any help would be appreciated.
Dan
Re: Display won't show after turning off TV and turning back on [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2020-05-24 at 15:28 -0400, Myth Guy wrote:
> I have installed mythtv 0.31 on Ubuntu 20.04, and have
> everythingworking pretty well until I turn off the TV. When I turn
> the TV backon, I cannot get the picture to show from the PC (the TV
> shows "nosignal"). I have turned off the options in Ubuntu settings
> forturning off the monitor in the Power section. This is the same
> TVthat have been used for 7 years with different MythTV
> hardware. Thisis the first time using this hardware. It is using
> the Nvidiaproprietary driver for the GeForce GTX 960M card. I am
> connected toTV via HDMI (I never unplug it). The machine is actually
> a laptopthat had a flaky monitor, so I actually took it apart and
> disconnectedthe laptop LCD connection from the motherboard so that it
> wouldn'tdetect the laptop monitor. So it is only connected to the TV
> viaHDMI. I have this line in grub (and installed)
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash video=HDMI-1-1:1920x1080@60:
> D"
> This is last hurdle I seem to have. Any help would be
> appreciated.Dan_______________________________________________mythtv-
> http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxNjk0OwiAUhE9TdhL-CnTBwo33eMCjJQE0BU28vdWYaDKb-WYmmehCgjgrkh0T3hibvJghohboubQxRS_FIiFyVAbA-hRogIplUmwt2DxtOMjmNBomLF-41WoxjGlhkw1SQ1QcBUZS3DbGbZLnSVwOldxHp_U5tvGg1309UIVcKrRvmFu6vuGncbp33DvZ3b89Hvz2LwK7QOI
> http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjTsOwjAQRE8Td1jxLzaFCxoqOEO0jteJhRMg2YC4PZYokKYavXkT_ZAgGs2yb2Ww1qUgDUTsJAahXEwxKHlUEAVqC-BCGvgAM5ZGt2PBJfAFiU0eO5M0JomitdUHwlqrVRfASGfcUbDiJ6JHo06NPNe88y3z-UMTvfh9HWtzhVzyMvaXvFGPlJ87EiFb_Y867BuuW339j75Y9z0u
> MythTV Forums: http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjDsOwyAQBU9juiB-NlBQpMk9WHbXjuRPBDhSbh9LKSK9ZjSah6lwxtGJZ1IGvA8MZsxIkyHQNiAjWBNtRk3O5xyAiyx5o3Vwal5pB7lTF0ua0DsdDZMqAUjFqPjKddDKxMkGEGtaen-1wd4H87jGRz03uX360t_yqLOo6Qe3s1Ft1_3ffQEmejQj

i use this section in my conf file for nvidia, which solves it:
Section
"Device" Identifier "Card0" Driver "nvidia" Vendor
Name "NVIDIA
Corporation" Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-
2" EndSection
get the actual monitor from Xorg.0.log file to put with 'connected
monitor' command. that's what worked for me
Re: Display won't show after turning off TV and turning back on [ In reply to ]
Hi Dan!

> I have installed mythtv 0.31 on Ubuntu 20.04, and have everything
> working pretty well until I turn off the TV. When I turn the TV back
> on, I cannot get the picture to show from the PC (the TV shows "no
> signal").

I had the problem some time back and the ‘Keep alive” solution I found was:

In the GUI Settings under "Session and Startup":

1) In the "Application Autostart" I unticked xfsettingsd.

2) In the "Session" tab I selected xfsettingsd and clicked "Quit Program".

I have another note indicating this is the way to get to that:

/At Desktop //> //Applications //> //Settings //> //Settings Manager //>
//System (at very bottom, almost off-screen) //> //Sessions & Startup/