2021. I've logged into the account and verified for sure that that's
the case. The "DataDirect status" in the UI and in mythweb still
report:

Your subscription expires on Fri Jun 19 2020 10:32 PM

I can see that this is from the settings table for the value
"DataDirectMessage" in the database, and I'm assuming that gets
written during mythfilldatabase.

Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
6/19.

Tom
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/20, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com> wrote:
> A few days ago I renewed by schedules direct so it's good until June
> 2021. I've logged into the account and verified for sure that that's
> the case. The "DataDirect status" in the UI and in mythweb still
> report:
>
> Your subscription expires on Fri Jun 19 2020 10:32 PM
>
> I can see that this is from the settings table for the value
> "DataDirectMessage" in the database, and I'm assuming that gets
> written during mythfilldatabase.
>
> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
> 6/19.
>
> Tom

Interestingly, I don't understand how this could possibly work
correctly. As far as I can tell, the xml guide data from
tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber has no trace of that account status to begin
with.

It almost seems as though that status was only intended for the legacy
DataDirect grabber.

Tom
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/20 3:10 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On 5/21/20, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A few days ago I renewed by schedules direct so it's good until June
>> 2021. I've logged into the account and verified for sure that that's
>> the case. The "DataDirect status" in the UI and in mythweb still
>> report:
>>
>> Your subscription expires on Fri Jun 19 2020 10:32 PM
>>
>> I can see that this is from the settings table for the value
>> "DataDirectMessage" in the database, and I'm assuming that gets
>> written during mythfilldatabase.
>>
>> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
>> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
>> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
>> 6/19.
>>
>> Tom
>>
> Interestingly, I don't understand how this could possibly work
> correctly. As far as I can tell, the xml guide data from
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber has no trace of that account status to begin
> with.
>
> It almost seems as though that status was only intended for the legacy
> DataDirect grabber.
>
> Tom
AM", but it is still running fine and the actual expiration date is
shown in the mythfilldatabase log "Schedules Direct account expires on
2021-09-10T09:06:15"

So no need to worry.

Peter
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/20, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/21/20 3:10 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> On 5/21/20, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> A few days ago I renewed by schedules direct so it's good until June
>>> 2021. I've logged into the account and verified for sure that that's
>>> the case. The "DataDirect status" in the UI and in mythweb still
>>> report:
>>>
>>> Your subscription expires on Fri Jun 19 2020 10:32 PM
>>>
>>> I can see that this is from the settings table for the value
>>> "DataDirectMessage" in the database, and I'm assuming that gets
>>> written during mythfilldatabase.
>>>
>>> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
>>> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
>>> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
>>> 6/19.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>> Interestingly, I don't understand how this could possibly work
>> correctly. As far as I can tell, the xml guide data from
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber has no trace of that account status to begin
>> with.
>>
>> It almost seems as though that status was only intended for the legacy
>> DataDirect grabber.
>>
>> Tom
> AM", but it is still running fine and the actual expiration date is
> shown in the mythfilldatabase log "Schedules Direct account expires on
> 2021-09-10T09:06:15"
>
> So no need to worry.
>
> Peter

Thanks! Interesting. Oddly my mythfilldatabase logs don't show any
sign of the status one way or another, though maybe that's a mythtv
version change as well...I'm still on 29.1.

Tom
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
I had noticed something similar when I switched from DataDirect to
sdjason/XMLTV for the grabber. Atthe time, I had found this forum post:
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=2995
So it looks like that setting the database is only for the DataDirect
grabber, and it's not updated for the sdjson grabbers.

Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/20 2:59 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On 5/21/20, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Interestingly, I don't understand how this could possibly work
>>> correctly. As far as I can tell, the xml guide data from
>>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber has no trace of that account status to begin
>>> with.
>>>
>>> It almost seems as though that status was only intended for the legacy
>>> DataDirect grabber.
>>>
>>> Tom
>> AM", but it is still running fine and the actual expiration date is
>> shown in the mythfilldatabase log "Schedules Direct account expires on
>> 2021-09-10T09:06:15"
>>
>> So no need to worry.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Thanks! Interesting. Oddly my mythfilldatabase logs don't show any
> sign of the status one way or another, though maybe that's a mythtv
> version change as well...I'm still on 29.1.
>
> Tom

Use of the DataDirectMessage setting, and most everything else DataDirect related
has been removed from master and I recall v31. That's true for mythweb too.

--
Bill
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/20, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/21/20 2:59 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:

>>> AM", but it is still running fine and the actual expiration date is
>>> shown in the mythfilldatabase log "Schedules Direct account expires on
>>> 2021-09-10T09:06:15"
>>>
>>> So no need to worry.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> Thanks! Interesting. Oddly my mythfilldatabase logs don't show any
>> sign of the status one way or another, though maybe that's a mythtv
>> version change as well...I'm still on 29.1.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Use of the DataDirectMessage setting, and most everything else DataDirect
> related
> has been removed from master and I recall v31. That's true for mythweb too.
>
> --
> Bill

Thanks! (And thanks others for replies). That explains it.

Tom
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 12:33 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
> 6/19.

The status response from the Schedules Direct JSON API includes the
account expiration date, but there may no longer be a mechanism to
inform the subscriber of that information within MythTV.
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/22/20 9:30 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 12:33 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
>> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
>> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
>> 6/19.
>
> The status response from the Schedules Direct JSON API includes the
> account expiration date, but there may no longer be a mechanism to
> inform the subscriber of that information within MythTV.

If the grabber below is run from the command line, the info is there:

tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/HDHR.xmltv' --output /tmp/grabber.test.out
Opening the local database
Obtaining authentication token for Schedules Direct
Schedules Direct account expires on 2021-03-08T11:22:02

Bill
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
On 5/22/20, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/20 9:30 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>> On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 12:33 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
>>> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
>>> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
>>> 6/19.
>>
>> The status response from the Schedules Direct JSON API includes the
>> account expiration date, but there may no longer be a mechanism to
>> inform the subscriber of that information within MythTV.
>
> If the grabber below is run from the command line, the info is there:
>
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/HDHR.xmltv'
> --output /tmp/grabber.test.out
> Opening the local database
> Obtaining authentication token for Schedules Direct
> Schedules Direct account expires on 2021-03-08T11:22:02

> Bill

Interesting, but while that appears to be the case for the sqlite
version, there's no trace of it with tv_grab_zz_sdjson.

Tom
Re: Schedules direct status incorrect in MythTV from mythfilldatabase? [ In reply to ]
> On 22 May 2020, at 11:12 pm, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 5/22/20 9:30 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>> On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 12:33 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also note that this is the first time I've renewed while using the SD
>>> JSON grabber (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) as apposed to the legacy DD one. Any
>>> idea what's up there? I just hope the calls don't start failing after
>>> 6/19.
>> The status response from the Schedules Direct JSON API includes the
>> account expiration date, but there may no longer be a mechanism to
>> inform the subscriber of that information within MythTV.
>
> If the grabber below is run from the command line, the info is there:
>
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/HDHR.xmltv' --output /tmp/grabber.test.out
> Opening the local database
> Obtaining authentication token for Schedules Direct
> Schedules Direct account expires on 2021-03-08T11:22:02

My issue was missing grabbers on the osx build but (no matter what the doc says) metagrabber wont grab 'movie year'
but if you name your fiiles 'movie' the meta data collected includes info about year
James