When I run mythtv-setup and go to capture cards HDHomerun is not an option in the list. How do I get that option in the list? Do I need to wait for pacman to update their install or can I get this working before then?

Thanks
Craig
Re: HDHomerun not in Capture Card List [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 19 May 2020 12:18:36 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Hello-
>
>Upgraded to .30 of Mythtv. HDHomeRun cards no longer work. I run OpenSuse and there is a one click mythtv install from pacman(repository)
>When I run mythtv-setup and go to capture cards HDHomerun is not an option in the list. How do I get that option in the list? Do I need to wait for pacman to update their install or can I get this working before then?
>
>Thanks
>Craig

Can you use the HDHRs outside MythTV? Is the problem with seeing them
happening straight after booting? Do they become visible if you
restart mythbackend after booting is complete?
Re: HDHomerun not in Capture Card List [ In reply to ]
My issue is not unique as I have seen in my Google results. When I go to Mythtv-setup and go to add a capture card I have a list of cards, but HDHomeRun is not one of them. I deleted my old cards because they no longer worked after I upgraded to .30. I went to add them back and they are not in the list.....

Re: HDHomerun not in Capture Card List [ In reply to ]
On 5/19/20 1:04 PM, CraigandMarcia Canfield wrote:
> My issue is not unique as I have seen in my Google results. When I go to Mythtv-setup and go to add a capture card I have a list of cards, but HDHomeRun is not one of them. I deleted my old cards because they no longer worked after I upgraded to .30. I went to add them back and they are not in the list.....

I'd start with this:

mythbackend --version | grep --color=always using_hdhomerun

Expect to see using_hdhomerun highlighted in red. If that's not there,
then the MythTV software wasn't build with HD Homerun libraries available.

If that's OK, then:

locate libhdhomerun.so

Expect to see something like this:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libhdhomerun.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libhdhomerun.so.4
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libhdhomerun.so.4.0.0

If you don't have the locate command, you may be able to install it,
or use find.

--
Bill
Re: HDHomerun not in Capture Card List [ In reply to ]
In the change from v29 to v30 the way HDHomeRuns are configured has been
changed and also the GUI is different since, I believe, v30.
You might have a look at the wiki about channel scanning and especially the
paragraph about the HDHomeRun tuners,
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning#Scanning_with_HDHomeRun_tuners
This is written for v31 but v30 is not that different.

Klaas.

Re: HDHomerun not in Capture Card List [ In reply to ]
Hello All-

thanks for all the replies.

When I run
mythbackend --version | grep --color=always using_hdhomerun

I get nothing.

I do a find (as I do not have locate on openSUSE (maybe I need to install?)) for libhdhomerun.so and I only have it in a snapshot

I agree the build of Myth I used did not have hdhomerun configured. I used the Pacman repository which I have used for the last 10 years. Do I need to contact them or wait for them to update their package or can I do something to get it installed?