Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 8:33 AM jam@tigger.ws <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 17 May 2020, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
> >
> >> John your new dmg did not work for me
> >> Install did not set the low resolution flag, but even setting it by hand
> >>
> >> [plasma] /Users/jam [510]% md5
> >>
> /Volumes/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.4-v31.0-40-gce23a0225fv31/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
> >> MD5
> >>
> (/Volumes/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.4-v31.0-40-gce23a0225fv31/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend)
> >> = a07638318389a3600b4b47b6ac9ac999
> >>
> >> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic1.png
> >> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic2.png
> >>
> >> James
> >>

> > James, at this point, I'm not sure what next to suggest for your
> issues. I
> > have opened a ticket in trac about the problem, I would suggest adding
> > details of your system to include the mac model, retina screen, and
> display
> > settings.
> >
> > https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13618
> >
> > BTW, on the forums it was suggested (I believe by Craig) to look into the
> > display settings of your computer (Preferences -> Displays). Possible by
> > changing to scaled or some other setting things will work. I did not try
> > this route myself as the low res fix worked on my antiquated system.
> >
> > Finally, your last post kicked out the digest subject line again. Please
> > fix that.
>
> John
>
> I've got lots to learn.
> I built, with your ansible script, in a new VM
> I took mythtv-31 and (sensibly) copied to my laptop.
> I ran it by cli and every thing 'worked' without sig 11. So the basic
> build is good.
>
> I cannot figure this out (identical to your build)
> I have configured seperate GUI and VIDEO resolutions that are sensible.
> I 'launch' the app
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic3.png
>
> I play a recording
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic4.png
>
> I exit
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic5.png
>
> Can anybody explain to me pretty please

So I played with matching GUI and VIDEO settings (now set back to the
default values). The settings Dave sent out previously also work -> you
can ignore the opengl-rgb name as it's a custom profile name (or make one
to match...).

I suspect (making a HUGE assumption here) that given video resolution of
the screen shots VideoToolBox (at least a recent update to it) is the
culprit. Hence why I submitted a patch as the know how to fix is currently
out of my wheelhouse and I suspect the code was written before retina
displays became standard.

I'd suggest deleting your "~/.mythtv" directory and clearing out the
settings from mythtv's database and so that you can start from scratch.
(Note: deleting the setting in mysql/mariadb is done at your own risk and
you need to be careful to not screw anything else up :) ). To help you
troubleshoot this, I really need you in a default state with no custom
settings changing one AND ONLY ONE setting at a time.

Also, double check that in get info "Open in Low Resolution" is both
checked and greyed out (it is on my system). If not edit the Application's
plist file with this command:

nano '/Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Info.plist'

Find NSHighResolutionCapable and make sure the value is set to false. If
it has a <true/> next to it, change that to <false/> like below.

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
<false/>
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 8:59 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> displays became standard.
>
> I'd suggest deleting your "~/.mythtv" directory and clearing out the
> settings from mythtv's database and so that you can start from scratch.
> (Note: deleting the setting in mysql/mariadb is done at your own risk and
> you need to be careful to not screw anything else up :) ). To help you
> troubleshoot this, I really need you in a default state with no custom
> settings changing one AND ONLY ONE setting at a time.
>
> Also, double check that in get info "Open in Low Resolution" is both
> checked and greyed out (it is on my system). If not edit the Application's
> plist file with this command:
>
> nano '/Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Info.plist'
>
> Find NSHighResolutionCapable and make sure the value is set to false. If
> it has a <true/> next to it, change that to <false/> like below.

Another thought is how did you copy the app out of the .dmg file? Did you
use the finder or the command prompt?

MacOS is fickle with Applications - they look like folders but they're
really not. You need to use the finder to move them around. If you used
the command prompt you unfortunately didn't really copy everything.

....Thank once again to Craig on the forums for reminding me of this.
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
The whole not digest thing is happening - promise <smile>

John your build script says
/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/macdeployqt mythfrontend.app

Which I guess is correct as you then fiddle with Resources etc in mythfrontend.app

but a dmg is not built and I cant see how one would be.

Can one run
/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/macdeployqt —dmg mythfrontend.app
as a final step to make a dmg

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
> On 17 May 2020, at 8:31 pm, jam@tigger.ws wrote:
>
> I've got lots to learn.
> I built, with your ansible script, in a new VM
> I took mythtv-31 and (sensibly) copied to my laptop.
> I ran it by cli and every thing 'worked' without sig 11. So the basic build is good.
>
> I cannot figure this out (identical to your build)
> I have configured seperate GUI and VIDEO resolutions that are sensible.
> I 'launch' the app
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic3.png
>
> I play a recording
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic4.png
>
> I exit
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic5.png
>
> Can anybody explain to me pretty please

John thanks so.

Just to sumarize

- I installed a catelina VM
- I installed macports
- I followed their instructions about Xcode
- I built with johns build script running the script (not pasting every line)
- I used internet instructions to make a dmg from the mythfrontend.app
- I copied the dmg to my main machine with retina display (without retina do no scale)
- Because osx wants to create aliases I opened the dmg with finder
- I copied the app (sudp cp -a /Volumes/YourFolder/mythfrontend.app /Applications)(YourFolder is from how to make a dmg)
- i opened->get info mythfrontend. and checked [open in low resolutiom]

mythfrontend plays perfectly but is slow to open looking for DBUS

- I installed macports dbus on the laptop. DBUS is still not found. I'll investigate

James

John's high sierra version did not scale (stayed 1/4 size) with [open in low resolution] (but it did/does work properly on my high sierra machine without retina display

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 2:51 AM jam@tigger.ws <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 17 May 2020, at 8:31 pm, jam@tigger.ws wrote:
> >
> > I've got lots to learn.
> > I built, with your ansible script, in a new VM
> > I took mythtv-31 and (sensibly) copied to my laptop.
> > I ran it by cli and every thing 'worked' without sig 11. So the basic
> build is good.
> >
> > I cannot figure this out (identical to your build)
> > I have configured seperate GUI and VIDEO resolutions that are sensible.
> > I 'launch' the app
> >
> > http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic3.png
> >
> > I play a recording
> >
> > http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic4.png
> >
> > I exit
> >
> > http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic5.png
> >
> > Can anybody explain to me pretty please
>
> John thanks so.
>
> Just to sumarize
>
> - I installed a catelina VM
> - I installed macports
> - I followed their instructions about Xcode
> - I built with johns build script running the script (not pasting every
> line)
> - I used internet instructions to make a dmg from the mythfrontend.app
> - I copied the dmg to my main machine with retina display (without retina
> do no scale)
> - Because osx wants to create aliases I opened the dmg with finder
> - I copied the app (sudp cp -a /Volumes/YourFolder/mythfrontend.app
> /Applications)(YourFolder is from how to make a dmg)
> - i opened->get info mythfrontend. and checked [open in low resolutiom]
>
> mythfrontend plays perfectly but is slow to open looking for DBUS
>
> - I installed macports dbus on the laptop. DBUS is still not found. I'll
> investigate
>
> James
>
> John's high sierra version did not scale (stayed 1/4 size) with [open in
> low resolution] (but it did/does work properly on my high sierra machine
> without retina display
>
> James

James,

I build the app not a dmg because you need to fiddle with the libraries and
the app to get it working. The forum post has the updated instructions on
how to make a dmg

# Package up the build cd $APP_DIR
VOL_NAME=MythFrontend-$VERS-intel-$OS_VERS-v$VERS-$GIT_VERS
hdiutil create $APP_DIR/$VOL_NAME.dmg -fs HFS+ -srcfolder
$APP_DIR/Mythfrontend.app -volname $VOL_NAME

The instructions are here:

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3800

As for dbus, a slow start is better than no start :)

In regards to the copy. Please pay attention to the details on these
things. I told you in a previous post to use the finder to copy the app
into place from the dmg (i.e. drag and drop the file or select copy select
destination folder and paste). In your post you state you're using the
command prompt.. This won't work and will leave pieces behind. I am not
guaranteeing that your 1/4 screen issues will go away, you may have a
unique hardware setup., but it is worth a try just in case. I asked in a
information to the trac ticket I started.

The community and I can't do much more to help you if you won't follow
precise instructions and provide some data back. I know this is
frustrating buy we can at least get to a point where we can write an
educated ticket for the devs to look into...

~John
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
> On 18 May 2020, at 6:10 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I build the app not a dmg because you need to fiddle with the libraries and the app to get it working. The forum post has the updated instructions on how to make a dmg
> # Package up the build
> cd $APP_DIR
> VOL_NAME=MythFrontend-$VERS-intel-$OS_VERS-v$VERS-$GIT_VERS
>
> hdiutil create $APP_DIR/$VOL_NAME.dmg -fs HFS+ -srcfolder $APP_DIR/Mythfrontend.app -volname $VOL_NAME
>
> The instructions are here:
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3800
>
> As for dbus, a slow start is better than no start :)
>
> In regards to the copy. Please pay attention to the details on these things. I told you in a previous post to use the finder to copy the app into place from the dmg (i.e. drag and drop the file or select copy select destination folder and paste). In your post you state you're using the command prompt.. This won't work and will leave pieces behind. I am not guaranteeing that your 1/4 screen issues will go away, you may have a unique hardware setup., but it is worth a try just in case. I asked in a previous post for you to send out what your hw is and to add the information to the trac ticket I started.
>
> The community and I can't do much more to help you if you won't follow precise instructions and provide some data back. I know this is frustrating buy we can at least get to a point where we can write an educated ticket for the devs to look into…

John Hi

On my machine if you drag-n-drop OSX creates an alias to somewhere. It says /Volumes/folder.dmg but that is not true, I unmountred the dmg and purged it.
Reboot still plays but the icon is gone!

The problem with an alias is it does not have a [low resolution] button and since the actual app is *somewhere* editing the plist is hard.

Opening the dmg with finder and coping as described *does* work and having set [low resolution] the playback is totally normal.

I just complied with the no-digest request so my mail is all jumbled. I’ll respond RSN. But the short answer is a bog-standard early 2020 macbook pro, 8G ram and 6 core i7. Nothing out of ordinary.

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 6:37 AM Blue <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 18 May 2020, at 6:10 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I build the app not a dmg because you need to fiddle with the libraries
> and the app to get it working. The forum post has the updated instructions
> on how to make a dmg
> > # Package up the build
> > cd $APP_DIR
> > VOL_NAME=MythFrontend-$VERS-intel-$OS_VERS-v$VERS-$GIT_VERS
> >
> > hdiutil create $APP_DIR/$VOL_NAME.dmg -fs HFS+ -srcfolder
> $APP_DIR/Mythfrontend.app -volname $VOL_NAME
> >
> > The instructions are here:
> > https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3800
> >
> > As for dbus, a slow start is better than no start :)
> >
> > In regards to the copy. Please pay attention to the details on these
> things. I told you in a previous post to use the finder to copy the app
> into place from the dmg (i.e. drag and drop the file or select copy select
> destination folder and paste). In your post you state you're using the
> command prompt.. This won't work and will leave pieces behind. I am not
> guaranteeing that your 1/4 screen issues will go away, you may have a
> unique hardware setup., but it is worth a try just in case. I asked in a
> information to the trac ticket I started.
> >
> > The community and I can't do much more to help you if you won't follow
> precise instructions and provide some data back. I know this is
> frustrating buy we can at least get to a point where we can write an
> educated ticket for the devs to look into…
>
> John Hi
>
> On my machine if you drag-n-drop OSX creates an alias to somewhere. It
> says /Volumes/folder.dmg but that is not true, I unmountred the dmg and
> purged it.
> Reboot still plays but the icon is gone!
>
> The problem with an alias is it does not have a [low resolution] button
> and since the actual app is *somewhere* editing the plist is hard.
>
> Opening the dmg with finder and coping as described *does* work and having
> set [low resolution] the playback is totally normal.
>
> I just complied with the no-digest request so my mail is all jumbled. I’ll
> respond RSN. But the short answer is a bog-standard early 2020 macbook pro,
> 8G ram and 6 core i7. Nothing out of ordinary.
>
> James

The drag and drop making an alias occured for another use on the forums
here:
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3764

I suspect Catalina's security is stopping the copy of the application and
forcing the alias. Not sure what to do on the build side to fix the issue
other that figuring out how to sign the application.

In regards to your HW setup, I suspect you're the only one on the list
using a macbook that new (happy to be wrong with reports of what is/is not
working from others...). That being the case, there's a possibility that
the newer macbooks come with updated retina displays or graphics/monitor
drivers that accentuate the VideoToolbox bug I reported on trac. Try
running these two commands and send out the output:

/usr/sbin/system_profiler SPHardwareDataType #<------ Make sure to OMIT the
Serial Number and UUID lines when sending....

/usr/sbin/system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep "Model Identifier"

Here's my output:

% /usr/sbin/system_profiler SPHardwareDataType
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 190.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.28f7

% /usr/sbin/system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType
Graphics/Displays:

Intel Iris Graphics 6100:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x162b
Revision ID: 0x0009
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: Internal
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On 18 May 2020, at 6:56 pm John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Total Number of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
> L3 Cache: 3 MB
> Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
> Memory: 16 GB
> Boot ROM Version: 190.0.0.0.0
> SMC Version (system): 2.28f7
>
> % /usr/sbin/system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType
> Graphics/Displays:
>
> Intel Iris Graphics 6100:
>
> Chipset Model: Intel Iris Graphics 6100
> Type: GPU
> Bus: Built-In
> VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
> Vendor: Intel
> Device ID: 0x162b
> Revision ID: 0x0009
> Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4
> Displays:
> Color LCD:
> Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
> Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
> Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

[plasma] /Users/jam [501]% /usr/sbin/system_profiler SPHardwareDataType
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 1037.80.53.0.0 (iBridge: 17.16.13050.0.0,0)
Activation Lock Status: Disabled
Graphics/Displays:

Intel UHD Graphics 630:

Chipset Model: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x3e9b
Revision ID: 0x0000
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 5.0.0
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 3072 x 1920 Retina
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: Internal

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x7340
Revision ID: 0x0043
ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190
VBIOS Version: 113-D32207P1-019
Option ROM Version: 113-D32207P1-019
EFI Driver Version: 01.01.190
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 5.0.0
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

OT ramble
I have a 6 year old retina macbook 12"
It needed new batteries and the keyboard was not good. After a lot of to-n-fro I decided to go for a new machine.
Since they offered $350 trade-in I kept it and just got new batteries.
During the change they broke the keyboard and replaced it at no charge. But I could see the repair bill listed a new keyboard at $1800

It is a nice machine, but it wont run linux (well it runs just no keyboard, mouse, wifi or bluetoooth)

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
James, thanks for sending this! Looking at the outputs, it looks like the
newer macbooks have even better screen resolutions (no real surprise here).

Mine:

> > Displays:
> > Color LCD:
> > Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
> > Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
> > Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Yours:

> Color LCD:
> Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
> Resolution: 3072 x 1920 Retina
> Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

I wonder if this changes the what the definitions of low resolution
graphics is in VideoToolbox.
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]

> On May 18, 2020, at 3:35 AM, Blue <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
> John Hi
>
> On my machine if you drag-n-drop OSX creates an alias to somewhere. It says /Volumes/folder.dmg but that is not true, I unmountred the dmg and purged it.
> Reboot still plays but the icon is gone!
>
> The problem with an alias is it does not have a [low resolution] button and since the actual app is *somewhere* editing the plist is hard.
>
> James

If you’re seeing that issue with drag-and-drop, you can get around it by selecting the file in Finder, cutting it (Command-C) and pasting it in the Applications folder (Command-Option-V). The option button when you paste changes it from a “copy” to a “cut” and therefore won’t create an alias.
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On 18 May 2020, at 11:17 pm, LsrsuitLry@yahoo.com wrote:

>> On May 18, 2020, at 3:35 AM, Blue <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>> John Hi
>>
>> On my machine if you drag-n-drop OSX creates an alias to somewhere. It says /Volumes/folder.dmg but that is not true, I unmountred the dmg and purged it.
>> Reboot still plays but the icon is gone!
>>
>> The problem with an alias is it does not have a [low resolution] button and since the actual app is *somewhere* editing the plist is hard.
>>
>> James

Jonn both your 10.13 build and my catelina-from-ansible build on
recording->D

delete the view but return to recordings show the file is still there.
Permissions of files and ring-store are correct (but they are not used until ‘expire’)
mythweb and mythfrontWWWserver DO correctly delete the recordings.
A linux frontend does also delete the recordings

I’ll spelunk the DB debug to see if I cab spot anything

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]

> delete the view but return to recordings show the file is still there.
> Permissions of files and ring-store are correct (but they are not used
> until ‘expire’)
> mythweb and mythfrontWWWserver DO correctly delete the recordings.
> A linux frontend does also delete the recordings

That's strange. I just checked on my system (MacOS frontend, Ubuntu 20.04
backend with mysql 8) and everything deletes fine from both the recordings
menu and the menu that pops up after the video completes. As usual,
the delete of the actual video file lags behind (there's a setting to
delete quickly that I don't use), but it is gone from my ui and does not
come back once deleted. Very strange...

> I’ll spelunk the DB debug to see if I cab spot anything

That's a good place to look. I'd also suggest looking at the backends logs
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
> On 21 May 2020, at 12:20 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> delete the view but return to recordings show the file is still there.
> Permissions of files and ring-store are correct (but they are not used until ‘expire’)
> mythweb and mythfrontWWWserver DO correctly delete the recordings.
> A linux frontend does also delete the recordings
>
> That's strange. I just checked on my system (MacOS frontend, Ubuntu 20.04 backend with mysql 8) and everything deletes fine from both the recordings menu and the menu that pops up after the video completes. As usual, the delete of the actual video file lags behind (there's a setting to delete quickly that I don't use), but it is gone from my ui and does not come back once deleted. Very strange...
>
> I’ll spelunk the DB debug to see if I cab spot anything
>
> That's a good place to look. I'd also suggest looking at the backends logs

I fiddled with the DB which I had for a long time deleting cards and channels
I had marked my test machine as master, and thr real machine as master, but they were interacting so I now have only 1 frontend at a time running

In that fiddling I solved the problem, so it was BE not FE related. Sorry.

James

Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On 21 May 2020, at 6:45 am, jam@tigger.ws wrote:

John my metadata lookup fails on the osx frontend because there are no grabbers.
mythfrontend is much more than mythfrontend.
I don't understand the app infrastructure enough to consider alternatives but ought not
Contents/MacOS/ include all the executables that should be used.

The 10 version for high sierra works fine on *some* recordings but others audio/video sync can be off 10s of seconds.
Your and my high sierra builds do this. The catelina build does not.

Thoughts ...?

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
> On 21 May 2020, at 6:45 am, jam@tigger.ws wrote:
>

>> On 21 May 2020, at 12:20 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> delete the view but return to recordings show the file is still there.
>> Permissions of files and ring-store are correct (but they are not used until ‘expire’)
>> mythweb and mythfrontWWWserver DO correctly delete the recordings.
>> A linux frontend does also delete the recordings
>>
>> That's strange. I just checked on my system (MacOS frontend, Ubuntu 20.04 backend with mysql 8) and everything deletes fine from both the recordings menu and the menu that pops up after the video completes. As usual, the delete of the actual video file lags behind (there's a setting to delete quickly that I don't use), but it is gone from my ui and does not come back once deleted. Very strange...
>>
>> I’ll spelunk the DB debug to see if I cab spot anything
>>
>> That's a good place to look. I'd also suggest looking at the backends logs

OK finding out, but no knowing how to do it.

If you look at MythFrontend 28.app you will see lots of stuff missing for John's 31 build.
Someone must have built it, and surely they can work with John, Bill to get an ansible build that packages all the stuff currently missing.

James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:27 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro and used to run mythfrontend on it back
> awhile ago.
>
> I’ve seen a bunch of discussion on this lists about work being done
> related to v31. I don’t follow much of this discussion. Since I don’t
> develop code on my Mac; it’s just a tool to me.
>
> So my question is: At this point or in the near future, is it possible to
> run mythtv-frontend v31 on OS X High Sierra 10.13.6?
>
> Jim A

So I thought I close out my original question at least for me. I bought a
new SSD and replace my original one with it so I could install Xubuntu
20.0.4 on the MacBook Pro.

Great solution; all the hardware is supported and mythfrontend plays must
better than it did on OS X High Sierra. I wasn't using any Mac specific
apps, so this is a welcome change.

Jim A
P.S. I'll save the OS X SSD just in case I change my mind
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
> On 25 May 2020, at 3:49 am, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:27 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro and used to run mythfrontend on it back awhile ago.
>
> I’ve seen a bunch of discussion on this lists about work being done related to v31. I don’t follow much of this discussion. Since I don’t develop code on my Mac; it’s just a tool to me.
>
> So my question is: At this point or in the near future, is it possible to run mythtv-frontend v31 on OS X High Sierra 10.13.6?
>
> Jim A
>
> So I thought I close out my original question at least for me. I bought a new SSD and replace my original one with it so I could install Xubuntu 20.0.4 on the MacBook Pro.
>
> Great solution; all the hardware is supported and mythfrontend plays must better than it did on OS X High Sierra. I wasn't using any Mac specific apps, so this is a welcome change.
>
> Jim A
> P.S. I'll save the OS X SSD just in case I change my mind

Tou’re lucky
my macbook (eary 2020) No hardware is supported. No keyboard, no mouse, no wifi no bluetooth
BTW how did you change SSD
James
Re: mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 24, 2020, 8:37 PM jam <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 25 May 2020, at 3:49 am, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:27 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro and used to run mythfrontend on it back
> awhile ago.
> >
> > I’ve seen a bunch of discussion on this lists about work being done
> related to v31. I don’t follow much of this discussion. Since I don’t
> develop code on my Mac; it’s just a tool to me.
> >
> > So my question is: At this point or in the near future, is it possible
> to run mythtv-frontend v31 on OS X High Sierra 10.13.6?
> >
> > Jim A
> >
> > So I thought I close out my original question at least for me. I bought
> a new SSD and replace my original one with it so I could install Xubuntu
> 20.0.4 on the MacBook Pro.
> >
> > Great solution; all the hardware is supported and mythfrontend plays
> must better than it did on OS X High Sierra. I wasn't using any Mac
> specific apps, so this is a welcome change.
> >
> > Jim A
> > P.S. I'll save the OS X SSD just in case I change my mind
>
> Tou’re lucky
> my macbook (eary 2020) No hardware is supported. No keyboard, no mouse, no
> wifi no bluetooth
> BTW how did you change SSD
> James

I just Googled replacing hard drive in 2011 Macbook Pro and found a video.
I think there is also an iFixit website.

It was simple in a laptop that old.

1 2  View All