using them just fine, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get
the guide data to be entered for these channels. I have tried entering the
XMTVID using the channel editor in mythtv-setup, both with and without
checking the "Use On-Air Gulde" box, and using both just the 5 digit number
and the new I#####.json.schedulesdirect.org form. No joy. What is the magic
incantation to make this work?

Thanks,
--Greg
Re: Entering Antenna channels in V31 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:53 PM Greg Woods <greg@gregandeva.net> wrote:

> I have been fighting with this for two hours now with no success. I want
> to start using my old HDHOMERUN (the original white one with two tuners) to
> record channels off of an antenna. The end goal is to dump Comcast, but the
> streaming services in my area (Denver) mostly do not have the local
> channels, so I would like to get those OTA.
>
> I have the HDHR working, I scanned for channels, and I can Watch (Live) TV
> using them just fine, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get
> the guide data to be entered for these channels. I have tried entering the
> XMTVID using the channel editor in mythtv-setup, both with and without
> checking the "Use On-Air Gulde" box, and using both just the 5 digit number
> and the new I#####.json.schedulesdirect.org form. No joy. What is the
> magic incantation to make this work?

Hi Greg, so after i scanned for the channels. I setup XMLTV.
Mythfilldatabase will populate all the XMTVID automatically after you
get XMLTV setup correctly. You need to follow the instructions here,
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV

Re: Entering Antenna channels in V31 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:08 PM Monkey Pet <monkeypet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Greg, so after i scanned for the channels. I setup XMLTV.
> Mythfilldatabase will populate all the XMTVID automatically after you
> get XMLTV setup correctly. You need to follow the instructions here,
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV

Thank you, that got me going in the right direction. I had already set up
XMLTV and it was working for my Comcast channels, but I added an additional
video source for the antenna channels, and didn't realize I needed to also
add this manually in XMLTV. So that's done, but I still had to do some
tedious comparisons with my Schedules Direct lineup to make sure I had the
correct channels there (comparing XMLID values with those inserted by the
grabber to make sure I had the correct channel selected in my SD lineup).
It looks good now.

--Greg