Mailing List Archive

video metadata lookup
I'm going through my dvd discs and converting them the files, but i'm finding the metadata (or more specifically artwork) being very intermittent.

hands-off automatic lookup is suceeding maybe 1 in 10 films.
Yes, some is not adhering to the naming convention as mentioned in https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing and i'm making tweaks to that; minor changes though as i've used _ instead of '[space]' between words, and some have things like 'directors cut' proceeding the film name.
I've updated my naming convention to '$filmname $Year.m4v' now.

However of the content i've already done I've recently discovered the 'W' keybind that manually triggers a metadata lookup. Watching the mythfrontend logs (default level) as i do this appears to find (multiple) results, FE then prompt me to select which match i want, and then nothing else occurs. I have to press W a second time for it to actually download the metadata i've chosen.
Using the W key method, i'm finding around 7/10 of the failed content to work without further filename/metadata changes.
Of the ones it finds an exact match, the first press of W key obtains artwork.

i'd like to say i'm doing something wrong but it also feels like a bug - If it can find content manually via 'W' key, shouldnt it do this automatically with 'scan for changes', and why does need a second press of W to actually obtain the metadata for multiple result searches?