Mailing List Archive

metadata
Does anybody here know the gritty detail of meta data lookup

Checking the grabbler

[sandypit] /home/jam [1000]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t
Everything appears in order.

but

[Choose Video]->i->Change Video Details->Retrive Details

immediately returns “Failed to retrive details …”

looking at the logs I see

MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:443 (RunGrabber) - Running Grabber: /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N Coming To America (1988) Coming To America

When I run the grabber with title “Coming To America” (without the date)
ie /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -M "Coming To America" -D
I get a xml dump that looks correct, including url to artwork.

My file is named “Coming To America.avi”

Who puts the date there?

This is a new install, so there is no history of it working, but I have used the grabber successfully in the past.

I just ran the ‘retrive details’ but nothing is logged today
I ran the exact command logged:

[sandypit] /home/jam [1003]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N 'Coming To America (1988) Coming To America'
Usage: ttvdb.py usage: ttvdb -hdruviomMPFBDS [parameters]
<series name or 'series and season number' or 'series and season number and episode number'>

For details on using ttvdb with Mythvideo see the ttvdb wiki page at:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ttvdb.py

ttvdb.py: error: ! An Episode name must be included

Before I grovel in mythmetadatalookup
Any help appreciated lots

James