Can anybody enlighten me
Thanks
James
Re: Auto flag [ In reply to ]
On 02/05/2020 09:29, Blue wrote:
> Hi
> I’m using a mac frontend on 30
> The auto save position is not working and, despite google having a multitude of menu settings I can’t find one that says ‘do this’
> Can anybody enlighten me
> Thanks
> James

I think this may be what you want. Try it and see!

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13387#comment:2

John P

Re: Auto flag [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2 May 2020 16:29:07 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi
>I?m using a mac frontend on 30
>The auto save position is not working and, despite google having a multitude of menu settings I can?t find one that says ?do this?
>Can anybody enlighten me
>Thanks
>James

I am not entirely sure what you mean by "auto save position", but it
could be this one:

mythfrontend > Setup > Video > Playback > General Playback > scroll
down > Action on playback exit > Save position and exit

Which I think may be this in the database:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where
value='PlaybackExitPrompt' order by value;
+--------------------+------+----------+
| value | data | hostname |
+--------------------+------+----------+
| PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | crw-pvr |
| PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | gt70 |
| PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | lith |
| PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | mypvr |
Re: Auto flag [ In reply to ]
> On Sat, 2 May 2020 16:29:07 +0800, you wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I’m using a mac frontend on 30
>> The auto save position is not working and, despite google having a multitude of menu settings I can’t find one that says ‘do this’
>> Can anybody enlighten me
>> Thanks
>> James
>
> I am not entirely sure what you mean by "auto save position", but it
> could be this one:
>
> mythfrontend > Setup > Video > Playback > General Playback > scroll
> down > Action on playback exit > Save position and exit
>
> Which I think may be this in the database:
>
> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where
> value='PlaybackExitPrompt' order by value;
> +--------------------+------+----------+
> | value | data | hostname |
> +--------------------+------+----------+
> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | crw-pvr |
> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | gt70 |
> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | lith |
> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | mypvr |
> +--------------------+------+----------+
> 4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> with data=2 being the setting you want.

You could be right. My visits to the playback profile have usually
stopped before that. I have 5 options there, accessible directly from
that frontend menu.

Re: Auto flag [ In reply to ]
> On 2 May 2020, at 7:46 pm, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 02/05/2020 11:54, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 May 2020 16:29:07 +0800, you wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I’m using a mac frontend on 30
>>> The auto save position is not working and, despite google having a multitude of menu settings I can’t find one that says ‘do this’
>>> Can anybody enlighten me
>>> Thanks
>>> James
>> I am not entirely sure what you mean by "auto save position", but it
>> could be this one:
>> mythfrontend > Setup > Video > Playback > General Playback > scroll
>> down > Action on playback exit > Save position and exit
>> Which I think may be this in the database:
>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where
>> value='PlaybackExitPrompt' order by value;
>> +--------------------+------+----------+
>> | value | data | hostname |
>> +--------------------+------+----------+
>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | crw-pvr |
>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | gt70 |
>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | lith |
>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | mypvr |
>> +--------------------+------+----------+
>> 4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>> with data=2 being the setting you want.
>

> You could be right. My visits to the playback profile have usually stopped before that. I have 5 options there, accessible directly from that frontend menu.

Thanks to John and Stephen your help led me to the settings.

One last question: I'm using the 30 mac frontend built by mumble. Thanks.
I read on the forum that playback was 1/4 size but was fixed by changing the playback profile. (retina macbook). I've tried all the profiles and made one of my own but the 1/4 size playback is unchanged. Any suggestions thanks
James
Re: Auto flag [ In reply to ]

>> On 2 May 2020, at 7:46 pm, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I am not entirely sure what you mean by "auto save position", but it
>>> could be this one:
>>> mythfrontend > Setup > Video > Playback > General Playback > scroll
>>> down > Action on playback exit > Save position and exit
>>> Which I think may be this in the database:
>>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where
>>> value='PlaybackExitPrompt' order by value;
>>> +--------------------+------+----------+
>>> | value | data | hostname |
>>> +--------------------+------+----------+
>>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | crw-pvr |
>>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | gt70 |
>>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 0 | lith |
>>> | PlaybackExitPrompt | 2 | mypvr |
>>> +--------------------+------+----------+
>>> 4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>>> with data=2 being the setting you want.
>>

>> You could be right. My visits to the playback profile have usually stopped before that. I have 5 options there, accessible directly from that frontend menu.
>
> Thanks to John and Stephen your help led me to the settings.
>
> One last question: I'm using the 30 mac frontend built by mumble. Thanks.
> I read on the forum that playback was 1/4 size but was fixed by changing the playback profile. (retina macbook). I've tried all the profiles and made one of my own but the 1/4 size playback is unchanged. Any suggestions thanks

In case it helps someone

I created (and used) a playback profile
I changed video renderer (tried em till one worked)

James