Mailing List Archive

Error parsing parameters
Hi,

Yesterady I got the following tuner box: TBS5520SE Multi-standard
Universal TV Tuner USB Box, see

https://www.tbsiptv.com/tbs5520se-multi-standard-universal-tv-tuner-usb-box

It was not easy to install the driver, but finally I arrived, and the
box works.

But I have no tv im MyhtTV inDebian unstable. I live in France and I
want german tv by Astra 19.2 E

Here is my config:

- Frequency : 10714000 khz (I also tried 11582000 khz)
- Polarity: horizontal
- Symbol rate: 22000000 Baud
- Mod sys : DVB-S2
- FEC : auto 2/3 (oder Auto)
- Modulation : 8PSK
- Inversion : auto
- Rolloff : 0,35

Scan tells me: Error parsing parameters.

I have MythTV installed on 2 computers, on a desktop and a laptop.
Before, using a usb-stick tuner, I got this message on the desktop, but
it worked on the laptop. But now I get this message on both computers.
Perhaps something changed between the 2 tuners, but I cannot find it.

sincerely

Klaus

Re: Error parsing parameters [ In reply to ]
Le 01/05/2020 à 18:57, Klaus Becker a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Yesterady I got the following tuner box: TBS5520SE Multi-standard
> Universal TV Tuner USB Box, see
>
> https://www.tbsiptv.com/tbs5520se-multi-standard-universal-tv-tuner-usb-box
>
> It was not easy to install the driver, but finally I arrived, and the
> box works.
>
> But I have no tv im MyhtTV inDebian unstable. I live in France and I
> want german tv by Astra 19.2 E
>
>  Here is my config:
>
> - Frequency : 10714000 khz (I also tried 11582000 khz)
> - Polarity: horizontal
> - Symbol rate: 22000000 Baud
> - Mod sys : DVB-S2
> - FEC : auto 2/3 (oder Auto)
> - Modulation : 8PSK
> - Inversion : auto
> - Rolloff : 0,35
>
> Scan tells me: Error parsing parameters.
>
> I have MythTV installed on 2 computers, on a desktop and a laptop.
> Before, using a usb-stick tuner, I got this message on the desktop, but
> it worked on the laptop. But now I get this message on both computers.
> Perhaps something changed between the 2 tuners, but I cannot find it.
>
> sincerely
>
> Klaus

Other informations:

When I choose "Scan of all existing transports" or "Scan of single
existing transport" instead of "Full Scan", the message is "Programmer
Error: Failed to handle tune complete" and then "Error tuning to transport".

Klaus

Re: Error parsing parameters [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 19:11, Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 01/05/2020 à 18:57, Klaus Becker a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterady I got the following tuner box: TBS5520SE Multi-standard
> > Universal TV Tuner USB Box, see
> >

> https://www.tbsiptv.com/tbs5520se-multi-standard-universal-tv-tuner-usb-box
> >
> > It was not easy to install the driver, but finally I arrived, and the
> > box works.
> >
> > But I have no tv im MyhtTV inDebian unstable. I live in France and I
> > want german tv by Astra 19.2 E
> >
> > Here is my config:
> >
> > - Frequency : 10714000 khz (I also tried 11582000 khz)
> > - Polarity: horizontal
> > - Symbol rate: 22000000 Baud
> > - Mod sys : DVB-S2
> > - FEC : auto 2/3 (oder Auto)
> > - Modulation : 8PSK
> > - Inversion : auto
> > - Rolloff : 0,35
> >
> > Scan tells me: Error parsing parameters.
> >
> > I have MythTV installed on 2 computers, on a desktop and a laptop.
> > Before, using a usb-stick tuner, I got this message on the desktop, but
> > it worked on the laptop. But now I get this message on both computers.
> > Perhaps something changed between the 2 tuners, but I cannot find it.
> >
> > sincerely
> >
> > Klaus
>

> Other informations:
>
> When I choose "Scan of all existing transports" or "Scan of single
> existing transport" instead of "Full Scan", the message is "Programmer
> Error: Failed to handle tune complete" and then "Error tuning to
> transport".
>

> The problem is most likely our less-than-intuitive GUI. After you have
entered the scan parameters you have to press the LEFT ARROW to get back to
the previous menu and then you can do the scan. If you press Escape then
all input from the scan parameters window is lost. Do not press Escape,
pres the <.
The channels scanning process is documented in the wiki in
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning . and theGUI is documented to
some extent in the paragraph "How the GUI works" in the first page of this
wiki.

When you do a "Scan of all existing transports" the assumption is that
there is already valid content in the transport table.
I recommend using the "Full Scan" for satellite unless you have done a scan
recently.
N.B. When you enter the start frequency of your satellite in the VIdeo
Source then the next time you do a Full Scan the scan parameters for that
frequency are automaticallly obtained from the database.

Hope this helps,
Klaas.

P.S. The scan parameters are correct, when I use them in my system then the
scanning works OK.
Re: Error parsing parameters [ In reply to ]
Le 01/05/2020 à 22:35, Klaas de Waal a écrit :

> On Fri, 1 May 2020 at 19:11, Klaus Becker <colonius47@gmail.com
> <mailto:colonius47@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> Le 01/05/2020 à 18:57, Klaus Becker a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterady I got the following tuner box: TBS5520SE Multi-standard
> > Universal TV Tuner USB Box, see
> >

> https://www.tbsiptv.com/tbs5520se-multi-standard-universal-tv-tuner-usb-box
> >
> > It was not easy to install the driver, but finally I arrived, and
> the
> > box works.
> >
> > But I have no tv im MyhtTV inDebian unstable. I live in France and I
> > want german tv by Astra 19.2 E
> >
> >   Here is my config:
> >
> > - Frequency : 10714000 khz (I also tried 11582000 khz)
> > - Polarity: horizontal
> > - Symbol rate: 22000000 Baud
> > - Mod sys : DVB-S2
> > - FEC : auto 2/3 (oder Auto)
> > - Modulation : 8PSK
> > - Inversion : auto
> > - Rolloff : 0,35
> >
> > Scan tells me: Error parsing parameters.
> >
> > I have MythTV installed on 2 computers, on a desktop and a laptop.
> > Before, using a usb-stick tuner, I got this message on the
> desktop, but
> > it worked on the laptop. But now I get this message on both
> computers.
> > Perhaps something changed between the 2 tuners, but I cannot find it.
> >
> > sincerely
> >
> > Klaus
>

> Other informations:
>
> When I choose "Scan of all existing transports" or "Scan of single
> existing transport" instead of "Full Scan", the message is "Programmer
> Error: Failed to handle tune complete" and then "Error tuning to
> transport".
>

> The problem is most likely our less-than-intuitive GUI. After you have
> entered the scan parameters you have to press the LEFT ARROW to get back
> to the previous menu and then you can do the scan. If you press Escape
> then all input from the scan parameters window is lost. Do not press
> Escape, pres the <.
> The channels scanning process is documented in the wiki in
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning . and  theGUI is documented
> to some extent in the paragraph "How the GUI works" in the first page of
> this wiki.
>
> When you do a "Scan of all existing transports" the assumption is that
> there is already valid content in the transport table.
> I recommend using the "Full Scan" for satellite unless you have done a
> scan recently.
> N.B. When you enter the start frequency of your satellite in the VIdeo
> Source then the next time you do a Full Scan the scan parameters for
> that frequency are automaticallly obtained from the database.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Klaas.
>
> P.S. The scan parameters are correct, when I use them in my system then
> the scanning works OK.

Hello Klaas,

you are quite right, I can scan now.

I did not use MythTV for several months and I forgot a lot about how to
configure and to use it.

thanks

Klaus