hit the right direction arrow and it restarted at 7am. I could skip
using the down arrow by 10 minutes to get back to 8:10 and started
watching.  The timeline now showed much farther near the end of the
recording.

In older versions of leanfront the playback would just pause for a
second and then continue at the same point, with the timeline now
advanced to the current end of the recording.

Jim A

Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing [ In reply to ]
On 4/29/20 9:03 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> This didn't happen with older versions. But today I was watching a
> news program that started a 7am recording, but I didn't start it until
> much later.  I just let it run occasionally skipping commercials
> manually. At 8:12 on the timeline it paused and didn't proceed; 8:12
> was the end time showing on the timeline at that point. After waiting
> a minute or so, I hit the right direction arrow and it restarted at
> 7am. I could skip using the down arrow by 10 minutes to get back to
> 8:10 and started watching.  The timeline now showed much farther near
> the end of the recording.
>
> In older versions of leanfront the playback would just pause for a
> second and then continue at the same point, with the timeline now
> advanced to the current end of the recording.
>
> Jim A

Hi Jim

When you say 8:12 on the time line, the OSD should be displaying 1:12
because it shows time within the recording. Perhaps there was a time
display from the broadcast station showing 8:12?

I have some questions -

When this happened at 8:12 or 1:12 on the OSD, what was the real time?
Was it at or close to 8:12?

What type of channel was it? Was it HD? Was it mpeg2 or h264?

When this happened, was it right after skipping with right arrow or was
it some time after the last skip forward?

Peter

Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing [ In reply to ]
> On Apr 29, 2020, at 12:00 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/29/20 9:03 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> This didn't happen with older versions. But today I was watching a news program that started a 7am recording, but I didn't start it until much later. I just let it run occasionally skipping commercials manually. At 8:12 on the timeline it paused and didn't proceed; 8:12 was the end time showing on the timeline at that point. After waiting a minute or so, I hit the right direction arrow and it restarted at 7am. I could skip using the down arrow by 10 minutes to get back to 8:10 and started watching. The timeline now showed much farther near the end of the recording.
>>
>> In older versions of leanfront the playback would just pause for a second and then continue at the same point, with the timeline now advanced to the current end of the recording.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> Hi Jim
>
> When you say 8:12 on the time line, the OSD should be displaying 1:12 because it shows time within the recording. Perhaps there was a time display from the broadcast station showing 8:12?
>
> I have some questions -
>
> When this happened at 8:12 or 1:12 on the OSD, what was the real time? Was it at or close to 8:12?

No, the realtime was around 8:30, so 1:12 was probably what current elapse time since the last time I hit skip forward with the remote to skip a commercial in the recording.

> What type of channel was it? Was it HD? Was it mpeg2 or h264?

All my recordings are OTA USA ATSC mpeg2.

This one was 1080i (1920x1080@29.94)

> When this happened, was it right after skipping with right arrow or was it some time after the last skip forward?

It was some time after the last skip forward. I was busy cooking breakfast and didn’t rush over to skip commercials at that point.

> Peter

Your right it probably said 1:12 on the timeline and I was working for memory.

Jim A

Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
I saw after my last test of this issue that v0-132 now is the current
version so I updated and repeated the test this morning.

Definitely weirder behavior. I started again watching an in progress
recording about 30 minutes into a 2 hour recording that started at 7am.
However, the first thing I noticed was the timeline showed an end time
of 3:37:23. That made no sense. Then the first time I tried to skip 1
minute with the right arrow it took 10 seconds to process that with the
spinning circle.

So I exited to check what was happening with the recording by checking
with mythfrontend on Shield. No issues were found so I went back to
watching via leanfront.

I could now see that the endtime was 1:16:15 so I continued to watch as
it approached that time.  When it paused for more that 10 seconds the
time line said 1:16:29 / 1:16:15.

Next I pressed back direction arrow and it started playing at 1:16:14
and paused again as it approached the new endtime a few minutes later. I
tried pressing right arrow this time to see if it would restart at the
beginning like yesterday, but it skipped backwards and advanced the
endtime to current time.

I tried to take some photos of the timeline but because the behavior
changed with each test I got confused.

I'm looking for repeatable patterns, but haven't found one today.

Again HD1080i ATSC USA OTA 1920x1080@29.94, mpeg2. All recordings for
this test were done on a backend v31 using Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe tuner.

Jim A

Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 4/30/20 8:56 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I saw after my last test of this issue that v0-132 now is the current
> version so I updated and repeated the test this morning.
>
> Definitely weirder behavior. I started again watching an in progress
> recording about 30 minutes into a 2 hour recording that started at
> 7am.  However, the first thing I noticed was the timeline showed an
> end time of 3:37:23. That made no sense. Then the first time I tried
> to skip 1 minute with the right arrow it took 10 seconds to process
> that with the spinning circle.
>
> So I exited to check what was happening with the recording by checking
> with mythfrontend on Shield. No issues were found so I went back to
> watching via leanfront.
>
> I could now see that the endtime was 1:16:15 so I continued to watch
> as it approached that time.  When it paused for more that 10 seconds
> the time line said 1:16:29 / 1:16:15.
>
> Next I pressed back direction arrow and it started playing at 1:16:14
> and paused again as it approached the new endtime a few minutes later.
> I tried pressing right arrow this time to see if it would restart at
> the beginning like yesterday, but it skipped backwards and advanced
> the endtime to current time.
>
> I tried to take some photos of the timeline but because the behavior
> changed with each test I got confused.
>
> I'm looking for repeatable patterns, but haven't found one today.
>
> Again HD1080i ATSC USA OTA 1920x1080@29.94, mpeg2. All recordings for
> this test were done on a backend v31 using Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe
> tuner.
>
> Jim A

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info. I am trying to recreate some of these things you
see. They seem to be random and may be timing related. I will let you
know if I find a cause or a fix, or if there is some test you can do to
help narrow it down.

Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 4/30/20 12:03 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 4/30/20 8:56 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I saw after my last test of this issue that v0-132 now is the current
>> version so I updated and repeated the test this morning.
>>
>> Definitely weirder behavior. I started again watching an in progress
>> recording about 30 minutes into a 2 hour recording that started at
>> 7am.  However, the first thing I noticed was the timeline showed an
>> end time of 3:37:23. That made no sense. Then the first time I tried
>> to skip 1 minute with the right arrow it took 10 seconds to process
>> that with the spinning circle.
>>
>> So I exited to check what was happening with the recording by
>> checking with mythfrontend on Shield. No issues were found so I went
>> back to watching via leanfront.
>>
>> I could now see that the endtime was 1:16:15 so I continued to watch
>> as it approached that time.  When it paused for more that 10 seconds
>> the time line said 1:16:29 / 1:16:15.
>>
>> Next I pressed back direction arrow and it started playing at 1:16:14
>> and paused again as it approached the new endtime a few minutes
>> later. I tried pressing right arrow this time to see if it would
>> restart at the beginning like yesterday, but it skipped backwards and
>> advanced the endtime to current time.
>>
>> I tried to take some photos of the timeline but because the behavior
>> changed with each test I got confused.
>>
>> I'm looking for repeatable patterns, but haven't found one today.
>>
>> Again HD1080i ATSC USA OTA 1920x1080@29.94, mpeg2. All recordings for
>> this test were done on a backend v31 using Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe
>> tuner.
>>
>> Jim A

> Hi Jim
>
> Thanks for the info. I am trying to recreate some of these things you
> see. They seem to be random and may be timing related. I will let you
> know if I find a cause or a fix, or if there is some test you can do
> to help narrow it down.
>
> Peter

I was not able to recreate any of the problems. However, i have added
error messages, better error checking, and retry logic. Hopefully that
will help. The new version is v0-133-g6fdf48e.

Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 2:23 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/30/20 12:03 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> >

> > On 4/30/20 8:56 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> >> I saw after my last test of this issue that v0-132 now is the current
> >> version so I updated and repeated the test this morning.
> >>
> >> Definitely weirder behavior. I started again watching an in progress
> >> recording about 30 minutes into a 2 hour recording that started at
> >> 7am. However, the first thing I noticed was the timeline showed an
> >> end time of 3:37:23. That made no sense. Then the first time I tried
> >> to skip 1 minute with the right arrow it took 10 seconds to process
> >> that with the spinning circle.
> >>
> >> So I exited to check what was happening with the recording by
> >> checking with mythfrontend on Shield. No issues were found so I went
> >> back to watching via leanfront.
> >>
> >> I could now see that the endtime was 1:16:15 so I continued to watch
> >> as it approached that time. When it paused for more that 10 seconds
> >> the time line said 1:16:29 / 1:16:15.
> >>
> >> Next I pressed back direction arrow and it started playing at 1:16:14
> >> and paused again as it approached the new endtime a few minutes
> >> later. I tried pressing right arrow this time to see if it would
> >> restart at the beginning like yesterday, but it skipped backwards and
> >> advanced the endtime to current time.
> >>
> >> I tried to take some photos of the timeline but because the behavior
> >> changed with each test I got confused.
> >>
> >> I'm looking for repeatable patterns, but haven't found one today.
> >>
> >> Again HD1080i ATSC USA OTA 1920x1080@29.94, mpeg2. All recordings for
> >> this test were done on a backend v31 using Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe
> >> tuner.
> >>
> >> Jim A

> > Hi Jim
> >
> > Thanks for the info. I am trying to recreate some of these things you
> > see. They seem to be random and may be timing related. I will let you
> > know if I find a cause or a fix, or if there is some test you can do
> > to help narrow it down.
> >
> > Peter
>
> I was not able to recreate any of the problems. However, i have added
> error messages, better error checking, and retry logic. Hopefully that
> will help. The new version is v0-133-g6fdf48e.
>
> Peter
>
> I wondering if the logging is the same as mythfrontend on Android. I
think part of the command must change.
adb logcat mfe:D *:S | & tee android.log

or use adb logcat | & tee android.log
??
Jim A
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 5/1/20 3:15 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I wondering if the logging is the same as mythfrontend on Android.  I
> think part of the command must change.
> adb logcat mfe:D *:S | & tee android.log
>
> or use adb logcat | & tee android.log
> ??
> Jim A
For application specific messages: (Note there are not many application
log messages, the new messages I added today are dialogs on screen in
case of failure)
adb logcat lfe:D *:S | & tee android.log

For full log
use adb logcat | & tee android.log

Best to do full log and then search for leanfront

Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 5:50 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/1/20 3:15 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>
> I wondering if the logging is the same as mythfrontend on Android. I
> think part of the command must change.
> adb logcat mfe:D *:S | & tee android.log
>
> or use adb logcat | & tee android.log
> ??
> Jim A
>

> For application specific messages: (Note there are not many application
> log messages, the new messages I added today are dialogs on screen in case
> of failure)
> adb logcat lfe:D *:S | & tee android.log
>
> For full log
> use adb logcat | & tee android.log
>
> Best to do full log and then search for leanfront
>
> Peter
>
> I did 2 things different today. 1. I installed v0-133 and 2. I reset the
Shield TV device.
I started watching 30 minutes into a CBS 7am news broadcast and things went
as expected. Pressing select to check the timeline showed that the view
time was advancing and the end time was the same as when I started viewing,
as expected. The viewing and skipping commercials manually worked as
expected.

Only issue I saw was around 1 hour in I reached a time when viewing time
exceeded displayed end time and it entered a commercial so I hit the right
direction arrow to skip 1 minute of the commercial and it jumped backwards
20-30 seconds and then things went back to normal.

Certainly much improvement over yesterday's test. I captured the full log
while all this was going on. It's large do I put it on google drive. Link
below:

Jim A

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Henr1nGo5TFwPkQwnuRZ4hqCXTCY2TWv
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 8:18 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 5:50 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 5/1/20 3:15 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>>
>> I wondering if the logging is the same as mythfrontend on Android. I
>> think part of the command must change.
>> adb logcat mfe:D *:S | & tee android.log
>>
>> or use adb logcat | & tee android.log
>> ??
>> Jim A
>>

>> For application specific messages: (Note there are not many application
>> log messages, the new messages I added today are dialogs on screen in case
>> of failure)
>> adb logcat lfe:D *:S | & tee android.log
>>
>> For full log
>> use adb logcat | & tee android.log
>>
>> Best to do full log and then search for leanfront
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> I did 2 things different today. 1. I installed v0-133 and 2. I reset the
> Shield TV device.
> I started watching 30 minutes into a CBS 7am news broadcast and things
> went as expected. Pressing select to check the timeline showed that the
> view time was advancing and the end time was the same as when I started
> viewing, as expected. The viewing and skipping commercials manually worked
> as expected.
>
> Only issue I saw was around 1 hour in I reached a time when viewing time
> exceeded displayed end time and it entered a commercial so I hit the right
> direction arrow to skip 1 minute of the commercial and it jumped backwards
> 20-30 seconds and then things went back to normal.
>
> Certainly much improvement over yesterday's test. I captured the full log
> while all this was going on. It's large do I put it on google drive. Link
> below:
>
> Jim A
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Henr1nGo5TFwPkQwnuRZ4hqCXTCY2TWv

Today I use leanfront v0-133 to view an in progress recording about 30
minute late or behind real time.

At 20 minutes in I skipped the local news part for 10 minutes and that
worked. I continued watching skipping the 5 minute commercials until I got
within 2 minutes of realtime and just watched The playback paused/froze at
1hr 02 min. into the program. I hit select on the remote to pop up the OSD
and saw the time was 1:03:??/1:02:??. I hit select again and it restarted
at the beginning.
I've put the log on Google Drive and link below. Critical time would be
after 8am EDT.

Jim A
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ROjJOh6zRLJwxdVZVR6GC51_Y0jfyFbS
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 5/5/20 8:24 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> Today I use leanfront v0-133 to view an in progress recording about 30
> minute late or behind real time.
>
> At 20 minutes in I skipped the local news part for 10 minutes and that
> worked.  I continued watching skipping the 5 minute commercials until
> I got within 2 minutes of realtime and just watched The playback
> paused/froze at 1hr 02 min. into the program. I hit select on the
> remote to pop up the OSD and saw the time was 1:03:??/1:02:??.   I hit
> select again and it restarted at the beginning.
> I've put the log on Google Drive and link below. Critical time would
> be after 8am EDT.
>
> Jim A
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ROjJOh6zRLJwxdVZVR6GC51_Y0jfyFbS

I don't know why this is happening and I cannot find anything helpful in
that log.

I( added some log messages and created a new version (v0-134-g98ffd8e).
Please try with that version and use
adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
to capture the messages

Thanks
Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
> I don't know why this is happening and I cannot find anything helpful in
> that log.
>
> I( added some log messages and created a new version (v0-134-g98ffd8e).
> Please try with that version and use
> adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
> to capture the messages
>
> Thanks
> Peter

So I had a lot of pauses this morning as it reached the "new" real time
while watching an in-progress recording. I started ~30 minutes late
watching so I caught up to real time quickly and it kept pausing as I'd
only wait a few minutes in pause mode before I skipped 1 minute ahead with
the right direction arrow.
I can see in the log a lot of reached EOF messages.
Log attached and linked:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xZIj7zwKypMBVCIOIv5C5JUtRoAUZOHz

Jim A

adb install -r Downloads/leanfront-v0-134-g98ffd8e.apk
Success
jim@jim-development:~$ adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
--------- beginning of system
--------- beginning of main
05-05 17:12:14.067 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Initializing
Player for All Rise
http://192.168.0.250:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/11701_20200505010000.ts
05-05 17:12:14.085 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-05 17:12:19.445 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:12:08.459 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Initializing
Player for CBS This Morning
http://192.168.0.250:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/11701_20200506110000.ts
05-06 07:12:08.468 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-06 07:12:09.516 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 816989720
05-06 07:24:16.924 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment onPlayCompleted
checking File Length.
05-06 07:24:17.965 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from 816989720 to 1656617648
05-06 07:24:17.965 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Resuming
Playback.
05-06 07:24:17.965 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:727683
05-06 07:24:19.023 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from 1656617648 to 1657892100
05-06 07:31:34.045 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-06 07:31:39.380 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:33:22.017 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment onPlayCompleted
checking File Length.
05-06 07:33:27.276 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:33:27.276 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playback ending
at EOF.
05-06 07:34:32.254 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-06 07:34:37.624 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:37:33.117 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment onPlayCompleted
checking File Length.
05-06 07:37:38.371 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:37:38.371 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playback ending
at EOF.
05-06 07:37:40.704 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-06 07:37:46.062 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:41:28.483 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment onPlayCompleted
checking File Length.
05-06 07:41:33.805 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:41:33.806 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playback ending
at EOF.
05-06 07:41:56.068 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-06 07:42:01.449 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:46:14.102 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment onPlayCompleted
checking File Length.
05-06 07:46:19.407 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to -1
05-06 07:46:19.407 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playback ending
at EOF.
^C
jim@jim-development:~$
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 5/6/20 7:56 AM, James Abernathy wrote:

> [...]
> Length changed from -1 to -1
> 05-06 07:41:28.483  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment
> onPlayCompleted checking File Length.
> 05-06 07:41:33.805  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment File
> Length changed from -1 to -1
> 05-06 07:41:33.806  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment Playback
> ending at EOF.
> 05-06 07:41:56.068  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment Playing
> offset mSec:0
> 05-06 07:42:01.449  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment File
> Length changed from -1 to -1
> 05-06 07:46:14.102  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment
> onPlayCompleted checking File Length.
> 05-06 07:46:19.407  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment File
> Length changed from -1 to -1
> 05-06 07:46:19.407  5788  5788 I lfe     : PlaybackFragment Playback

Thank you, this is very helpful.

The message "PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to -1" is the
culprit.
On checking the api, I see that any time the file length exceeds 2 GB
the contentLength call fails, so you would see this problem once the
file exceeded 2 GB, even if you are not in the section of the file after
the 2 GB.
It is a simple change to use a different method of getting
content-length to solve this problem.

I have posted a new apk file (leanfront-v0-135-g4a97478.apk) to fix the
content-length problem. Please try that one.

Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 5:09 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> changed from -1 to -1
> 05-06 07:46:19.407 5788 5788 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playback
> ending at EOF.
> ^C
> jim@jim-development:~$
>

> Thank you, this is very helpful.
>
> The message "PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to -1" is the
> culprit.
> On checking the api, I see that any time the file length exceeds 2 GB the
> contentLength call fails, so you would see this problem once the file
> exceeded 2 GB, even if you are not in the section of the file after the 2
> GB.
> It is a simple change to use a different method of getting content-length
> to solve this problem.
>
> I have posted a new apk file (leanfront-v0-135-g4a97478.apk) to fix the
> content-length problem. Please try that one.

The 2 GB thing makes sense because my files are 4-6 GB be hour. So if I
start 30 minutes late the file is already >2GB.

I'll test tomorrow morning again.

Jim A
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
Peter Bennett says:
> I have posted a new apk file (leanfront-v0-135-g4a97478.apk) to fix
> the content-length problem. Please try that one.

I regret to report that 135 and 133 both crash and exit about 20-30
seconds of launching. 123 is the last version I have that works. I am
on v30.0 backend; Library API 30.20181231-1, branch fixes/30, network
protocol 91.

--
Frontend: Apple MacBook Pro 2012, Nvidia Shield 2017
Backend: HP Microserver N40L 1.5GHz with 4x3TB HDDs
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]

> Thank you, this is very helpful.
>
> The message "PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to -1" is the
> culprit.
> On checking the api, I see that any time the file length exceeds 2 GB the
> contentLength call fails, so you would see this problem once the file
> exceeded 2 GB, even if you are not in the section of the file after the 2
> GB.
> It is a simple change to use a different method of getting content-length
> to solve this problem.
>
> The message "PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to -1" is the
> culprit.
> On checking the api, I see that any time the file length exceeds 2 GB the
> contentLength call fails, so you would see this problem once the file
> exceeded 2 GB, even if you are not in the section of the file after the 2
> GB.
> It is a simple change to use a different method of getting content-length
> to solve this problem.
>
> I have posted a new apk file (leanfront-v0-135-g4a97478.apk) to fix the
> content-length problem. Please try that one.
>
> Peter

I installed v0-135 and reset the Shield TV. Repeated the test of starting
around 30 minutes late. No issues. We still have the 1/2 second pause
when you reach the timeline end and the refresh of the timeline. But I
think that's an issue beyond the app.

I did have one backwards jump but can't rule out fat fingering the remote
and hitting up instead of right.

Thanks for the quick fix.

BTW, my backend is v31.
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 8:44 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Thank you, this is very helpful.
>>
>> The message "PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to -1" is the
>> culprit.
>> On checking the api, I see that any time the file length exceeds 2 GB the
>> contentLength call fails, so you would see this problem once the file
>> exceeded 2 GB, even if you are not in the section of the file after the 2
>> GB.
>> It is a simple change to use a different method of getting content-length
>> to solve this problem.
>>
>> The message "PlaybackFragment File Length changed from -1 to -1" is the
>> culprit.
>> On checking the api, I see that any time the file length exceeds 2 GB the
>> contentLength call fails, so you would see this problem once the file
>> exceeded 2 GB, even if you are not in the section of the file after the 2
>> GB.
>> It is a simple change to use a different method of getting content-length
>> to solve this problem.
>>
>> I have posted a new apk file (leanfront-v0-135-g4a97478.apk) to fix the
>> content-length problem. Please try that one.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> I installed v0-135 and reset the Shield TV. Repeated the test of starting
> around 30 minutes late. No issues. We still have the 1/2 second pause
> when you reach the timeline end and the refresh of the timeline. But I
> think that's an issue beyond the app.
>
> I did have one backwards jump but can't rule out fat fingering the remote
> and hitting up instead of right.
>
> Thanks for the quick fix.
>
> BTW, my backend is v31.
>

> I meant to include the console log:
jim@jim-development:~$ adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
--------- beginning of system
--------- beginning of main
05-07 07:37:54.450 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Initializing
Player for CBS This Morning
http://192.168.0.250:6544/Content/GetFile?StorageGroup=Default&FileName=/11701_20200507110000.ts
05-07 07:37:54.480 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 07:37:55.538 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 2624735492
05-07 08:02:11.944 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 08:02:12.992 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 4393856664
05-07 08:12:27.507 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 08:12:28.553 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 5074348232
05-07 08:27:37.428 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 08:27:38.477 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 6192133064
05-07 08:27:58.903 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 08:27:59.949 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 6222450696
05-07 08:28:03.407 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 08:28:04.503 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 6227294892
05-07 08:28:04.999 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:0
05-07 08:28:06.088 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from -1 to 6228905112
05-07 08:28:08.359 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment onPlayCompleted
checking File Length.
05-07 08:28:09.501 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from 6228905112 to 6232919476
05-07 08:28:09.501 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Resuming
Playback.
05-07 08:28:09.501 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment Playing offset
mSec:5284574
05-07 08:28:10.593 8551 8551 I lfe : PlaybackFragment File Length
changed from 6232919476 to 6234110268
05-07 08:28:14.603 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5539044
05-07 08:28:19.705 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5583788
05-07 08:28:24.798 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5378116
05-07 08:28:29.871 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5500316
05-07 08:28:34.974 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7705368
05-07 08:28:40.125 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7497628
05-07 08:28:45.229 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7357756
05-07 08:28:50.335 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7370728
05-07 08:28:55.435 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7270900
05-07 08:29:00.551 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7293084
05-07 08:29:05.654 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6157000
05-07 08:29:10.776 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6357972
05-07 08:29:15.864 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5990996
05-07 08:29:20.950 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:4662588
05-07 08:29:26.015 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6068452
05-07 08:29:31.135 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5862404
05-07 08:29:36.243 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6010924
05-07 08:29:41.361 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5571568
05-07 08:29:46.441 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5067728
05-07 08:29:51.511 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5135596
05-07 08:29:56.588 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:4640404
05-07 08:30:01.649 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5576644
05-07 08:30:06.727 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6133876
05-07 08:30:11.820 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5915796
05-07 08:30:16.935 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7375240
05-07 08:30:22.045 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6473780
05-07 08:30:27.137 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6558756
05-07 08:30:32.227 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6027468
05-07 08:30:37.359 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6224304
05-07 08:30:42.450 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6072400
05-07 08:30:47.528 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6862940
05-07 08:30:52.663 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5245200
05-07 08:30:57.736 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5513476
05-07 08:31:02.814 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6023520
05-07 08:31:07.931 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5850936
05-07 08:31:13.038 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5686812
05-07 08:31:18.145 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7172388
05-07 08:31:23.260 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7265260
05-07 08:31:28.417 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6662720
05-07 08:31:33.553 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5963360
05-07 08:31:38.672 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6022580
05-07 08:31:43.750 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5957156
05-07 08:31:48.832 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5725164
05-07 08:31:53.916 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6421328
05-07 08:31:59.008 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6385044
05-07 08:32:04.091 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6266416
05-07 08:32:09.186 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5886656
05-07 08:32:14.292 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5968624
05-07 08:32:19.376 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5764456
05-07 08:32:24.455 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5904704
05-07 08:32:29.532 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5658612
05-07 08:32:34.641 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5911472
05-07 08:32:39.721 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5507460
05-07 08:32:44.835 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5746972
05-07 08:32:49.954 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5351796
05-07 08:32:55.028 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5594316
05-07 08:33:00.135 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5812020
05-07 08:33:05.251 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6487504
05-07 08:33:10.381 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5505580
05-07 08:33:15.458 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6121280
05-07 08:33:20.542 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6003028
05-07 08:33:25.620 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5364016
05-07 08:33:30.694 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5281672
05-07 08:33:35.776 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5309308
05-07 08:33:40.849 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5665004
05-07 08:33:45.948 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5099876
05-07 08:33:51.021 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5114352
05-07 08:33:56.122 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5046860
05-07 08:34:01.215 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5955464
05-07 08:34:06.321 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7252288
05-07 08:34:11.442 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:7129148
05-07 08:34:16.593 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:4871832
05-07 08:34:21.658 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5159472
05-07 08:34:26.728 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6656892
05-07 08:34:31.840 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5368904
05-07 08:34:36.951 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6469268
05-07 08:34:42.071 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:6826656
05-07 08:34:47.165 8551 9649 D lfe : MythHttpDataSource Incremental
data length:5865600
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 5/6/20 9:31 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Peter Bennett says:
>> I have posted a new apk file (leanfront-v0-135-g4a97478.apk) to fix
>> the content-length problem. Please try that one.
> I regret to report that 135 and 133 both crash and exit about 20-30
> seconds of launching. 123 is the last version I have that works. I am
> on v30.0 backend; Library API 30.20181231-1, branch fixes/30, network
> protocol 91.

Sorry to hear that. There must be something different in your setup.
Please send me the output from adb logcat and tell me the leanfront
version and what time the crash occurred, and I will sort out the problem.

Thanks
Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
Peter Bennett says:
> Please send me the output from adb logcat and tell me the leanfront
> version and what time the crash occurred, and I will sort out the
> problem.

Log at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfg6cnrgmwfyv15/shield.log.gz?dl=0. Crash
occurs a few seconds before log's end, about 30 seconds after I start
leanfront v0-135. As mentioned, 123 does not crash this way.

Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
On 5/8/20 2:24 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Peter Bennett says:
>> Please send me the output from adb logcat and tell me the leanfront
>> version and what time the crash occurred, and I will sort out the
>> problem.
> Log at
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfg6cnrgmwfyv15/shield.log.gz?dl=0. Crash
> occurs a few seconds before log's end, about 30 seconds after I start
> leanfront v0-135. As mentioned, 123 does not crash this way.

Hi Yeechang

This crash was caused by having a channel in MythTV with null channel
number. This is not something I had anticipated.

Please try the new version leanfront-v0-136-g6eb4c19, which should fix it.

Peter
Re: leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132) [ In reply to ]
Peter Bennett says:
> This crash was caused by having a channel in MythTV with null
> channel number. This is not something I had anticipated.
>
> Please try the new version leanfront-v0-136-g6eb4c19, which should
> fix it.

Confirmed fixed. Thank you!