the change log and nothing popped up that suggested any changes.

      Could anyone give me a few troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks, Greg

Re: Database daily backup [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 10:59:25 -0400, you wrote:

> ????? I have been using a cron job for a daily backup for 10 or more
>years without any problems. Yesterday I upgraded to .31 and everything
>seemed to work as before with the exception of the db backup. I tried to
>run it as my user "greg" also as mythtv and root also. I looked through
>the change log and nothing popped up that suggested any changes.
>
> ????? Could anyone give me a few troubleshooting suggestions?
>

>Thanks, Greg

See the thread "backup script failing" two days ago - it sounds like
the same problem.
Re: Database daily backup [ In reply to ]
On 4/27/20 11:37 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 10:59:25 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>       I have been using a cron job for a daily backup for 10 or more
>> years without any problems. Yesterday I upgraded to .31 and everything
>> seemed to work as before with the exception of the db backup. I tried to
>> run it as my user "greg" also as mythtv and root also. I looked through
>> the change log and nothing popped up that suggested any changes.
>>
>>       Could anyone give me a few troubleshooting suggestions?
>>

>> Thanks, Greg
> See the thread "backup script failing" two days ago - it sounds like
> the same problem.

Thanks for that.. I did see that thread the other day and added that
change to my.cnf.. In my case I had to remove that change and the script
created the backup. I'm still on Ubuntu 18.04 so perhaps that has
something to do with that change not working for me...

Thanks again

Re: Database daily backup [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:55:52 -0400, you wrote:

>On 4/27/20 11:37 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 10:59:25 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>> ????? I have been using a cron job for a daily backup for 10 or more
>>> years without any problems. Yesterday I upgraded to .31 and everything
>>> seemed to work as before with the exception of the db backup. I tried to
>>> run it as my user "greg" also as mythtv and root also. I looked through
>>> the change log and nothing popped up that suggested any changes.
>>>
>>> ????? Could anyone give me a few troubleshooting suggestions?
>>>

>>> Thanks, Greg
>> See the thread "backup script failing" two days ago - it sounds like
>> the same problem.
>
>Thanks for that.. I did see that thread the other day and added that
>change to my.cnf.. In my case I had to remove that change and the script
>created the backup. I'm still on Ubuntu 18.04 so perhaps that has
>something to do with that change not working for me...
>
>Thanks again

That problem is to do with an updated version of MySQL, which 18.04
does not have.

So now you should add the "--verbose" option to the
mythconverg_backup.pl command line and see what messages you get. It
should report its progress as it does the backup and you will see
where it is going wrong. I can not think of anything in an upgrade to
v31 that would cause problems with mythconverg_backup.pl itself. But
the /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database file also got an update, so you
might have also have updated your copy in /etc/cron.daily. It
basically makes the backup be run as user "mythtv" instead of root. So
if you have done that update to your /etc/cron.daily script, then your
destination directory might not have permissions for user "mythtv" and
that would cause it to fail.

So when you ran it as root, did you run the
/etc/cron.daily/mythtv-database script, or did you run
mythconverg_backup.pl directly? If it was the former, the user would
have been switched to "mythtv" and there could be permissions
problems. If the latter and it still failed, then it could not be a
permissions problem.
Re: Database daily backup [ In reply to ]
On 27/04/2020 22:59, Greg wrote:
> I have been using a cron job for a daily backup for 10 or more years
> without any problems. Yesterday I upgraded to .31 and everything
> seemed to work as before with the exception of the db backup. I tried
> to run it as my user "greg" also as mythtv and root also. I looked
> through the change log and nothing popped up that suggested any changes.
>
>       Could anyone give me a few troubleshooting suggestions?

Sorry, crystal ball is in for a service... could you please post any
errors/output the cronjob (or anything else) is giving, this will give
an hint as to what the error maybe/
Apologies for the bad timing of my crystal balls servicing, it is also
taking longer than normal due to C19 issues.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv@wolf-rock.com o
You need only two tools. o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it /@ `\ /) ~
doesn't move and it should use > (O) X< ~ Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and `\___/' \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape. \\\