mythconverg-1344-<date>.sql.gz files.  There are two sets of these
files.  A daily backup set in $HOME/mythtv and a weekly set in the
recording directory.

I seem to remember setting up the daily backup years ago, but not the
weekly one.  The weekly one is redundant and writing to the recording
drive, which I do not want.  How can I get stop the weekly backup in the
recording directory?

Jay

Re: Automatic Database Backup Files [ In reply to ]
On 18/04/2020 17:27, Jay Foster wrote:
> I noticed that MythTV is automatically backing up the database into
> mythconverg-1344-<date>.sql.gz files.  There are two sets of these
> files.  A daily backup set in $HOME/mythtv and a weekly set in the
> recording directory.
>
> I seem to remember setting up the daily backup years ago, but not the
> weekly one.  The weekly one is redundant and writing to the recording
> drive, which I do not want.  How can I get stop the weekly backup in
> the recording directory?
>
> Jay

For Ubuntu based systems when mythtv is installed a weekly backup is
automatically setup in /etc/cron.weekly/

Just remove the file /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database

Personally I just move the file to /etc/cron.daily/  to give me a daily
backup and use backuprc to specify how many backups to keep and where to
store the backups.

Mike

Re: Automatic Database Backup Files [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 17:28, Jay Foster <jayf0ster@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I noticed that MythTV is automatically backing up the database into
> mythconverg-1344-<date>.sql.gz files. There are two sets of these
> files. A daily backup set in $HOME/mythtv and a weekly set in the
> recording directory.
>
> I seem to remember setting up the daily backup years ago, but not the
> weekly one. The weekly one is redundant and writing to the recording
> drive, which I do not want. How can I get stop the weekly backup in the
> recording directory?

Are you using a packaged version of MythTV? If so, which one?

It's likely either a file in /etc/cron.weekly or perhaps a systemd timer.

You can just check out the contents of the /etc/cron.weekly directory if
it's cron based and look for a file that will likely be named something
quite obvious to its function like mythtv-database. You can check out the
systemd timers using the command 'systemctl list-units -t timer'.

--
Cheers, Ian