MythSystemLegacy() command not executable,
eno: No such file or directory (2)

When I go to Setup->Artwork and Metadata Sources
Television Metadata Source is blank and uneditable.

Something has gotten corrupted somewhere. Is there any way to reset or
reload the TV metadata source?

Thanks
Ken
Re: TV Metadata Downloads Fail [ In reply to ]
On 4/17/20 22:37, Ken Mink wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>    Suddenly the metadata downloads for TV shows in videos fail. I get
> the following error:
>
> MetadataDownload mythsystemlegacy.cpp:161 (SetCommand) -
> MythSystemLegacy() command not executable,
>             eno: No such file or directory (2)
>

> When I go to Setup->Artwork and Metadata Sources
> Television Metadata Source is blank and uneditable.
>
> Something has gotten corrupted somewhere. Is there any way to reset or
> reload the TV metadata source?
>
> Thanks
> Ken

Don't post late at night. Forgot version info, etc.
Ubuntu 16.04
mythtv-frontend-2:29.1+fixes.201909121531.4c432df~ubuntu16.04.1
Re: TV Metadata Downloads Fail [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 9:44 PM Ken Mink <ken.mink@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/20 22:37, Ken Mink wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Suddenly the metadata downloads for TV shows in videos fail. I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > MetadataDownload mythsystemlegacy.cpp:161 (SetCommand) -
> > MythSystemLegacy() command not executable,
> > eno: No such file or directory (2)
> >

> > When I go to Setup->Artwork and Metadata Sources
> > Television Metadata Source is blank and uneditable.
> >
> > Something has gotten corrupted somewhere. Is there any way to reset or
> > reload the TV metadata source?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ken
>

> Don't post late at night. Forgot version info, etc.
> Ubuntu 16.04
> mythtv-frontend-2:29.1+fixes.201909121531.4c432df~ubuntu16.04.1

Sounds like possible database corruption. Have you tried to repair /
optimize to see if that might be the case?
Re: TV Metadata Downloads Fail [ In reply to ]
Moving this back to the list...

Re: TV Metadata Downloads Fail [ In reply to ]
On 4/20/20 8:23 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:

> Moving this back to the list...
>
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 10:15 PM Ken Mink <ken.mink@gmail.com
> <mailto:ken.mink@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On 4/19/20 09:40, Greg Oliver wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 9:44 PM Ken Mink <ken.mink@gmail.com
> <mailto:ken.mink@gmail.com>
> > <mailto:ken.mink@gmail.com <mailto:ken.mink@gmail.com>>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 4/17/20 22:37, Ken Mink wrote:
> >      > Hello All,
> >      >
> >      >     Suddenly the metadata downloads for TV shows in
> videos fail.
> >     I get
> >      > the following error:
> >      >
> >      > MetadataDownload mythsystemlegacy.cpp:161 (SetCommand) -
> >      > MythSystemLegacy() command not executable,
> >      >              eno: No such file or directory (2)
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > When I go to Setup->Artwork and Metadata Sources
> >      > Television Metadata Source is blank and uneditable.
> >      >
> >      > Something has gotten corrupted somewhere. Is there any way to
> >     reset or
> >      > reload the TV metadata source?
> >      >
> >      > Thanks
> >      > Ken
> >

> >     Don't post late at night. Forgot version info, etc.
> >     Ubuntu 16.04
> >  mythtv-frontend-2:29.1+fixes.201909121531.4c432df~ubuntu16.04.1
> >

> > Sounds like possible database corruption.  Have you tried to
> repair /
> > optimize to see if that might be the case?
> >
> Sorry. A little quick at the keyboard. tvdb_api.py is in
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/ttvdb/
>
> What info is in your mythmetadatalookup.log ?

When I attempt to  run a metadata lookup, nothing. I am getting this
error on a remote frontend. I have 3 other frontends that have no
problem looking up tv metadata.

My set up is:

Master backend: bionic mythtv v0.29, mysql and Hauppauge 2250

Slave backend/frontend: xenial mythtv v0.29 and Hauppauge HD-PVR

3 Frontends: bionic and mythtv v0.29

I am having the metadata lookup issue on the slave backend/frontend.
It's stuck on xenial due to driver issues.

I am starting to wonder about python dependency issues.

Re: TV Metadata Downloads Fail [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 03:21, Ken Mink <ken.mink@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am starting to wonder about python dependency issues.

You may be right. As I just posted in another thread this morning (search
for "channel 4 hd has no eit"), I also had a probably unrelated but similar
problem of metadata no longer being updated and tracked it down to a script
(cross-eit.py) being python-2-only and no longer working because the
updated distribution had switched to python 3. Fortunately in my case it
was not too difficult to convert the script to 3 and then everything worked
again. I hope it's similar for you.
Re: TV Metadata Downloads Fail [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:17 AM UB40D <ub40dd@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 03:21, Ken Mink <ken.mink@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I am starting to wonder about python dependency issues.

Look at
https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/599905
for a similar problem:

This can happen for many reasons, including not having the dependencies
for the grabber scripts (such as python-lxml or ...). Try running the
scripts (such as ttvdb.py) by themselves, something like:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py --version
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py --version

(adjust path as appropriate)

Additionally, you can test the scripts by:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py --test
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py --test

What does "/usr/bin/env python --version" say?