Mailing List Archive

Recording multiple IPTV streams from the same videosource?
I've defined a Video Source "NZ IPTV" with multiple virtual IPTV capture
cards defined, but I can only record a single stream.

I've been able to record a stream and watch a different stream, but I get
a backend error if I try and schedule more than one recording. Is there a
restriction where recordings can only occur on the parent capturecard?

Steven
Re: Recording multiple IPTV streams from the same videosource? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:51:15 +1200, you wrote:

>I've defined a Video Source "NZ IPTV" with multiple virtual IPTV capture
>cards defined, but I can only record a single stream.
>
>I've been able to record a stream and watch a different stream, but I get
>a backend error if I try and schedule more than one recording. Is there a
>restriction where recordings can only occur on the parent capturecard?
>
>Steven

You need to set up more IPTV tuners on the same video source. Each
IPTV tuner should be set to 2 multirec tuners. That allows
mythbackend to record back-to-back programmes from the same IPTV
stream - it does not need to get a second stream for the next
programme. You can have as many IPTV tuners as you like on a video
source.