Mailing List Archive

1 2 3  View All
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 11:36 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have no idea if this will be helpful but I had several issues getting my
> HDHR tuners to work. I provide these in case they might be useful.
>
> Myth address is 192.168.1.111 and is static. I set it as reserved on the
> router. I also set the HDHR addresses as reserved.
>
> I start the tuners from rc.local. Old school but works.
> Here is the code. I believe this was from the vendors website.
> hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000 no_clear"
> If you need to allow more time to go by, you can add a delay before this
> command.

This part is outside my capabilities, probably would need more time if I
get the mobo to play nice with ACPI.

> I had a power supply issue as well. The module that I bought with the HDHR
> did not put out enough current so I got ones rated for more current.
>
> I also had random failures. The computer would lose contact with the
> turners every few weeks. I traced it to a linux problem as the tuners were
> still visible from a Windows computer on the same network. That
> troubleshooting tip was provided by Silicon Dust.
>
> Here is the solution.
>
> dad@NewMyth:~$ more /etc/network/interfaces
> # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> auto enp2s0
> iface enp2s0 inet static
> address 192.168.1.111
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> gateway 192.168.1.1
> broadcast 192.168.1.255
> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Allen

I've set my FE/BE reserved to .210 and the HDHRs to .211, and .212, no
change to gateway and netmask, beyond this I need help.

Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019, 10:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 11:36 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have no idea if this will be helpful but I had several issues getting
>> my HDHR tuners to work. I provide these in case they might be useful.
>>
>> Myth address is 192.168.1.111 and is static. I set it as reserved on the
>> router. I also set the HDHR addresses as reserved.
>>
>> I start the tuners from rc.local. Old school but works.
>> Here is the code. I believe this was from the vendors website.
>> hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000 no_clear"
>> If you need to allow more time to go by, you can add a delay before this
>> command.
>>
> This part is outside my capabilities, probably would need more time if I
> get the mobo to play nice with ACPI.
>

>> I had a power supply issue as well. The module that I bought with the
>> HDHR did not put out enough current so I got ones rated for more current.
>>
>> I also had random failures. The computer would lose contact with the
>> turners every few weeks. I traced it to a linux problem as the tuners were
>> still visible from a Windows computer on the same network. That
>> troubleshooting tip was provided by Silicon Dust.
>>
>> Here is the solution.
>>
>> dad@NewMyth:~$ more /etc/network/interfaces
>> # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
>> auto lo
>> iface lo inet loopback
>> auto enp2s0
>> iface enp2s0 inet static
>> address 192.168.1.111
>> netmask 255.255.255.0
>> gateway 192.168.1.1
>> broadcast 192.168.1.255
>> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Allen
>>

> I've set my FE/BE reserved to .210 and the HDHRs to .211, and .212, no
> change to gateway and netmask, beyond this I need help.

What you did is not enough. I did that from day 1 and had the problem.
Perhaps you can ask a specific question based on the fix I posted.

Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_remove_recordings_that_no_longer_exist_on_disk.3F

--
Bill
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019, 10:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 11:36 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have no idea if this will be helpful but I had several issues getting
>>> my HDHR tuners to work. I provide these in case they might be useful.
>>>
>>> Myth address is 192.168.1.111 and is static. I set it as reserved on the
>>> router. I also set the HDHR addresses as reserved.
>>>
>>> I start the tuners from rc.local. Old school but works.
>>> Here is the code. I believe this was from the vendors website.
>>> hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000 no_clear"
>>> If you need to allow more time to go by, you can add a delay before this
>>> command.
>>>
>> This part is outside my capabilities, probably would need more time if I
>> get the mobo to play nice with ACPI.
>>

>>> I had a power supply issue as well. The module that I bought with the
>>> HDHR did not put out enough current so I got ones rated for more current.
>>>
>>> I also had random failures. The computer would lose contact with the
>>> turners every few weeks. I traced it to a linux problem as the tuners were
>>> still visible from a Windows computer on the same network. That
>>> troubleshooting tip was provided by Silicon Dust.
>>>
>>> Here is the solution.
>>>
>>> dad@NewMyth:~$ more /etc/network/interfaces
>>> # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
>>> auto lo
>>> iface lo inet loopback
>>> auto enp2s0
>>> iface enp2s0 inet static
>>> address 192.168.1.111
>>> netmask 255.255.255.0
>>> gateway 192.168.1.1
>>> broadcast 192.168.1.255
>>> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Allen
>>>

>> I've set my FE/BE reserved to .210 and the HDHRs to .211, and .212, no
>> change to gateway and netmask, beyond this I need help.

> What you did is not enough. I did that from day 1 and had the problem.
> Perhaps you can ask a specific question based on the fix I posted.
>

>> OK Allen I'm all in, this is my interfaces file now:
$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto enp2s0
iface enp2s0 inet static
address 192.168.0.210
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
broadcast 192.168.0.255
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
My only question is, where did you get the dns-nameservers values from? Do
I need to edit these?
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 2:34 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/12/19 11:52 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 12, 2019, 12:49 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> But that's today's log and doesn't include any recording logs. Some
> >> missing files that should have their metadata deleted. And I don't
> >> know if the warnings about cardinput.schedorder = 0 are because
> >> you want a tuner to be offline.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bill
> >> ________________________
> >>
> > Sorry, 0's are on purpose, to test HDHRs. Do I have to touch the metadata
> > file to let it delete?
>

> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_remove_recordings_that_no_longer_exist_on_disk.3F
>
> --
> Bill

Thanks Bill, find orphans, mostly did the trick, except for this last one.
I tried three times and it never gets deleted.:
Please select from the following
1. Delete orphaned video files
2. Delete other files
3. Refresh list
> 1
The following files will be deleted
trieli: /mnt/storage3/mythtv/recordings/1071-201910310200000.ts
0.0B

Total: 0.0B
Are you sure you want to continue?
> yes
Orphaned video files
trieli: /mnt/storage3/mythtv/recordings/1071-201910310200000.ts
0.0B

Total: 0.0B

Daryl
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:31 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019, 10:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> This part is outside my capabilities, probably would need more time if I
>>> get the mobo to play nice with ACPI.

>>> I've set my FE/BE reserved to .210 and the HDHRs to .211, and .212, no
>>> change to gateway and netmask, beyond this I need help.

>> What you did is not enough. I did that from day 1 and had the problem.
>> Perhaps you can ask a specific question based on the fix I posted.
>>

>>> OK Allen I'm all in, this is my interfaces file now:
> $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
> # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> auto enp2s0
> iface enp2s0 inet static
> address 192.168.0.210
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> gateway 192.168.0.1
> broadcast 192.168.0.255
> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
> My only question is, where did you get the dns-nameservers values from? Do
> I need to edit these?
>
> The nameserver are Google https://tunecomp.net/google-dns-8-8-8-8/

Maybe I will switch my router to use these as well.

Allen
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 16:31:02 -0500, you wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019, 10:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> This part is outside my capabilities, probably would need more time if I
>>> get the mobo to play nice with ACPI.

>>> I've set my FE/BE reserved to .210 and the HDHRs to .211, and .212, no
>>> change to gateway and netmask, beyond this I need help.

>> What you did is not enough. I did that from day 1 and had the problem.
>> Perhaps you can ask a specific question based on the fix I posted.
>>

>>> OK Allen I'm all in, this is my interfaces file now:
> $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
># interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
>auto lo
>iface lo inet loopback
>auto enp2s0
>iface enp2s0 inet static
> address 192.168.0.210
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> gateway 192.168.0.1
> broadcast 192.168.0.255
> dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
>My only question is, where did you get the dns-nameservers values from? Do
>I need to edit these?

You would normally want to use the nameservers that your router should
be getting from your ISP. Your router may be able to tell you what
they are. Using Google's public nameservers as above should work for
most things, but there can be some subtle problems (and benefits). For
example, if your ISP runs local CDN servers (say Akamai servers), then
anything you would normally have got from the local CDN servers will
now be received from some global server somewhere much further away if
you use Google DNS. And you may be unable to access ISP services that
are provided only to your ISP's customers from this PC.

If you can find the correct ISP nameserver addresses from your router
of maybe from a web page on your ISP's help pages, or by calling their
helpdesk, then you can put them here. ISP nameserver addresses
normally do not change, but it can happen if they have to reorganise
their IP addresses (especially if someone takes them over), and if
that happens, then the static IPs that you put here will need to be
changed also. It is unlikely that your ISP will inform you if they
change the addresses, as your router will normally pick up the new
ones automatically. If you use Google's nameservers, then those
addresses are extremely unlikely to change. And if they ever do, it
will be big news on the Internet. But you are giving Google
information about what DNS addresses you are using.

I think it may be possible to do partial DHCP, where you use a static
IP address as above, but get things like the nameserver addresses
using DHCP. I have never done that using the interfaces file, but it
is probably possible using some scripting. Likely way beyond your
capabilities.

Also, using /etc/network/interfaces on a system that is using
NetworkManager as yours is, there can be lots of complications. I
found I had to disable NetworkManager to get some things to work, and
that may have included the "dns-nameservers" options. It is a very
long time ago that I did this, so my recollection is cloudy. So
overall I would recommend not doing static IP addresses this way
without removing NetworkManager. It gets too complicated.

Instead, I would recommend that you use the NetworkManager GUI to set
a "Manual" IP address. "Manual" is NetworkManager's name for
"Static". You can then set the DNS options on the same screen to
"Automatic" and that will get the DNS server addresses using DHCP, but
have a static IP address. The best of both worlds, unless it was a
NetworkManager bug that was causing Allen's problems.

Click on the NetworkManager icon, usually at the top of the screen,
often on the right somewhere. Mine looks like a little white box with
a line dropping down to two more little white boxes below it. Click
on the cogwheel icon to open the settings for the Ethernet card, then
on the "IPv4" tab. Select "IPv4 Method" "Manual" and fill in the
"Address" field with the static IP address you want. The "Netmask"
field should normally be set to "255.255.255.0" and the "Gateway" to
the IPv4 address of your router. Leave the "DNS" and "Routes" options
set to "Automatic". Click "Apply".
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 6:14 AM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> [...]
> a "Manual" IP address. "Manual" is NetworkManager's name for
> "Static". You can then set the DNS options on the same screen to
> "Automatic" and that will get the DNS server addresses using DHCP, but
> have a static IP address. The best of both worlds, unless it was a
> NetworkManager bug that was causing Allen's problems.
>
> Click on the NetworkManager icon, usually at the top of the screen,
> often on the right somewhere. Mine looks like a little white box with
> a line dropping down to two more little white boxes below it. Click
> on the cogwheel icon to open the settings for the Ethernet card, then
> on the "IPv4" tab. Select "IPv4 Method" "Manual" and fill in the
> "Address" field with the static IP address you want. The "Netmask"
> field should normally be set to "255.255.255.0" and the "Gateway" to
> the IPv4 address of your router. Leave the "DNS" and "Routes" options

I understand what you are saying Stephen, but I have a couple questions. If
I go the manual method, would I first have to revert my
"/etc/network/interfaces" file to original state? (I did get successful
News and NFL recordings on HDHR last night) Secondly, I've employed a fix,
recommended by this site "
https://datawookie.netlify.com/blog/2018/10/dns-on-ubuntu-18.04/" to
insure that nameserver settings required for my VPN survive a reboot. I
assume this should be taken into account when using your's or Allen's fix,
right?
I just checked and the change to /etc/network/interfaces (Allen's fix) has
not harmed my VPN usage.
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 09:51:00 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
>> field should normally be set to "255.255.255.0" and the "Gateway" to
>> the IPv4 address of your router. Leave the "DNS" and "Routes" options
>> set to "Automatic". Click "Apply".
>>

>I understand what you are saying Stephen, but I have a couple questions. If
>I go the manual method, would I first have to revert my
>"/etc/network/interfaces" file to original state? (I did get successful
>News and NFL recordings on HDHR last night) Secondly, I've employed a fix,
>recommended by this site "
>https://datawookie.netlify.com/blog/2018/10/dns-on-ubuntu-18.04/" to
>insure that nameserver settings required for my VPN survive a reboot. I
>assume this should be taken into account when using your's or Allen's fix,
>right?
>I just checked and the change to /etc/network/interfaces (Allen's fix) has

OK, having set up those DNS settings for the VPN does change things.
You are already using non-ISP DNS servers, and what that fix does, in
a NetworkManager environment, likely overrides any "dns-nameservers"
lines in the interfaces file, if they were not already being ignored
by NetworkManager. So there is no need to change anything from what
you have. You might like to delete or comment out the
"dns-nameservers" line so that it does not fool you at some later date
into thinking that is the right place to change the nameserver
addresses.

Just be aware that if, at some later time, you want to use something
like an ISP provided multimedia service that is not available outside
the ISP network, it may not work on that PC with the non-ISP DNS
servers being used.
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 7:28 AM Stephen Worthington <
> [...]

> You are already using non-ISP DNS servers, and what that fix does, in
> a NetworkManager environment, likely overrides any "dns-nameservers"
> lines in the interfaces file, if they were not already being ignored
> by NetworkManager. So there is no need to change anything from what
> you have. You might like to delete or comment out the
> "dns-nameservers" line so that it does not fool you at some later date
> into thinking that is the right place to change the nameserver
> addresses.
>
> Just be aware that if, at some later time, you want to use something
> like an ISP provided multimedia service that is not available outside
> the ISP network, it may not work on that PC with the non-ISP DNS
> servers being used.
>
> Daryl, Good to hear you got it working. Stephen brings up some interesting
points. A little history. I got this fix from a combination of comments to
posts here by Ian Cameron, a bug report on Linux
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/avahi/+bug/1586528, and an
article I can't find. Stephen was also helpful in troubleshooting and in
particular eliminating the IPv6 issue as a possible cause. I reviewed the
thread and see that without the name servers the system appeared to work
but was not getting Schedules Direct data so after 2 seeks my recordings
stopped. I cannot find the article that suggested adding the name servers
but I am pretty sure I got it from a Google search. It did not come from
this group. I have static addresses or reserved addresses on the Linux box
and the HDHRs. I changed that as an experiment lately and it did not work.
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
Good to know, I commented out the nameserver line and will keep an eye on
the sched data.

Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:12 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good to know, I commented out the nameserver line and will keep an eye on
> the sched data.

Why?
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:25 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:12 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Good to know, I commented out the nameserver line and will keep an eye on
>> the sched data.
>>

> Why?

As Stephen suggested, it may force longer routes global instead of
national. Easy enough to uncomment if I don't get data or have failures.
Did you find using google's nameservers was critical?
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:25 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:12 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Good to know, I commented out the nameserver line and will keep an eye
>>> on the sched data.
>>>

>> Why?
>>

> As Stephen suggested, it may force longer routes global instead of
> national. Easy enough to uncomment if I don't get data or have failures.
> Did you find using google's nameservers was critical?

I just switched my router setting to use the Google servers and they seem
to work better but not a very scientific test. What I found was that
putting in the name servers was critical and I didn't give it a lot of
thought. Google name servers are world wide and distributed. I would say it
is likely that the Google name servers will be faster than the ones you are
using. At a minimum, you probably cannot prove that is not the case.
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/performance#geography
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:43 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:25 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Why?
>>> __________________________________________
>>>

>> As Stephen suggested, it may force longer routes global instead of
>> national. Easy enough to uncomment if I don't get data or have failures.
>> Did you find using google's nameservers was critical?
>>

> I just switched my router setting to use the Google servers and they seem
> to work better but not a very scientific test. What I found was that
> putting in the name servers was critical and I didn't give it a lot of
> thought. Google name servers are world wide and distributed. I would say it
> is likely that the Google name servers will be faster than the ones you are
> using. At a minimum, you probably cannot prove that is not the case.
> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/performance#geography
>
> ____________________

Fair enough,and as a further test, because there was not a rebboot
following the changes, I uncommented the nameservers and rebooted and VPN
still works, so nameservers stay in, unless symptoms dictate otherwise.
thank-you Allen for your persistant belief in this fix. Daryl
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]

Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:43 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:29 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> As Stephen suggested, it may force longer routes global instead of
>>> national. Easy enough to uncomment if I don't get data or have failures.
>>> Did you find using google's nameservers was critical?
>>>

>> I just switched my router setting to use the Google servers and they seem
>> to work better but not a very scientific test. What I found was that
>> putting in the name servers was critical and I didn't give it a lot of
>> thought. Google name servers are world wide and distributed. I would say it
>> is likely that the Google name servers will be faster than the ones you are
>> using. At a minimum, you probably cannot prove that is not the case.
>> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/performance#geography
>>
>> ____________________
>>

> Fair enough,and as a further test, because there was not a rebboot
> following the changes, I uncommented the nameservers and rebooted and VPN
> still works, so nameservers stay in, unless symptoms dictate otherwise.
> thank-you Allen for your persistant belief in this fix. Daryl

Allen, can you also explain what your old school start on rc is all about,
it may not matter but I'm curious. Mine are plugged into a smart bar, in
that they shut down and power up with the PC.
Re: HDHR prob with new wallwarts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 9:46 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:43 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I just switched my router setting to use the Google servers and they
>>> seem to work better but not a very scientific test. What I found was that
>>> putting in the name servers was critical and I didn't give it a lot of
>>> thought. Google name servers are world wide and distributed. I would say it
>>> is likely that the Google name servers will be faster than the ones you are
>>> using. At a minimum, you probably cannot prove that is not the case.
>>> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/performance#geography
>>>
>>> ____________________
>>>

>> Fair enough,and as a further test, because there was not a rebboot
>> following the changes, I uncommented the nameservers and rebooted and VPN
>> still works, so nameservers stay in, unless symptoms dictate otherwise.
>> thank-you Allen for your persistant belief in this fix. Daryl
>>

> Allen, can you also explain what your old school start on rc is all about,
> it may not matter but I'm curious. Mine are plugged into a smart bar, in
> that they shut down and power up with the PC.

Well, I started with Mythbuntu 8 and ran that for many years until a disk
crash. The switch to Mythbuntu 18 was painful and I got a ton of help from
Stephen and others. Doing the initialization of the HDHRs the way I do was
just how I always did it. The bigger issue I had was with getting the
optical remote to work with the new OS. I don't recall if I posted the
entire script but it does more than just manage the HDHRs. I had no
interest in finding a new way to get the power control to work and once I
got the remote working I was happy. There are apparently lots of concerns
about the way I do it as there are potential problems I don't understand or
have. My goal was to get a working system and I am almost there. I still
have the x server lock up every few months but other than that, it is
perfect.

Here is my entire rc.local script. Note the hack. I need to start lircd for
the HDHR but something is starting it first. Ideally I would either stop it
from doing that or modify what it is doing perhaps putting the HDHR code
there but I could not find it and this works fine. Not elegant but as I
recall, you had some issue with the timing of how things come up so this
old school approach might help you with that. If you need more time for
something to come up before initializing the hdhr, just do it this way. I
believe that rc.local is run last and you can put a delay in the script if
you need to.

echo -n 15 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000 no_clear"
#this is a hack. I don't know what is starting lircd
killall lircd
lircd -H udp -d 5000

exit 0

1 2 3  View All