RPMs, but I cannot find a spec file for 30..

Thanks,
Greg
Re: EL7 RPMs [ In reply to ]
On 16/05/2019 3:16 pm, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I am having a hard time finding EL7 RPMs for 0.30, but I just compiled
> it from source without issue.
>
> Is there any reason there are not and repos with it available?
>
> I assume some feature of the entire package will not build, but I do
> not know which ones.  The configure script has become flooded with
> ffmpeg junk (even though ffmpeg is packaged - which is weird :) )
>
> I just do not like using make install binaries too much and prefer to
> make RPMs, but I cannot find a spec file for 30..
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

I've been building EL6, EL7, f28,f29,f30 rpms based on atrpms for quite
a while. It is completely automated, so it just builds based on git
commits. http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/
Re: EL7 RPMs [ In reply to ]
On 17/05/2019 03:27, Stephen Collier wrote:
> On 16/05/2019 3:16 pm, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> I am having a hard time finding EL7 RPMs for 0.30, but I just compiled
>> it from source without issue.
>>
>> Is there any reason there are not and repos with it available?
>>
>> I assume some feature of the entire package will not build, but I do
>> not know which ones.  The configure script has become flooded with
>> ffmpeg junk (even though ffmpeg is packaged - which is weird :) )
>>
>> I just do not like using make install binaries too much and prefer to
>> make RPMs, but I cannot find a spec file for 30..
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg

> I've been building EL6, EL7, f28,f29,f30 rpms based on atrpms for quite
> a while. It is completely automated, so it just builds based on git
> commits. http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/

Alternatively, if you want to build your own rpms, there's

https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/packaging/blob/master/MythTV/rpm/README

I hesitate to suggest this, because I couldn't provide support for most
of it and don't want to add to Gary's inbox; but I have been running
selected versions of Master for el7 built with it for several months
now. I build, at present, under Fedora 28, and don't use the special
el7 repo option because its updated version of libvpx was incompatible
with the kde plasma desktop.

I think my local specfiles have a small number of tweaks that haven't
made it to github. At the moment I can't access them. I'm looking at a
kubuntu laptop...

John P

Re: EL7 RPMs [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 4:07 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 17/05/2019 03:27, Stephen Collier wrote:
> > On 16/05/2019 3:16 pm, Greg Oliver wrote:
> >> I am having a hard time finding EL7 RPMs for 0.30, but I just compiled
> >> it from source without issue.
> >>
> >> Is there any reason there are not and repos with it available?
> >>
> >> I assume some feature of the entire package will not build, but I do
> >> not know which ones. The configure script has become flooded with
> >> ffmpeg junk (even though ffmpeg is packaged - which is weird :) )
> >>
> >> I just do not like using make install binaries too much and prefer to
> >> make RPMs, but I cannot find a spec file for 30..
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Greg
>

> > I've been building EL6, EL7, f28,f29,f30 rpms based on atrpms for quite
> > a while. It is completely automated, so it just builds based on git
> > commits. http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/
>
> Alternatively, if you want to build your own rpms, there's
>
> https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/packaging/blob/master/MythTV/rpm/README
>
> I hesitate to suggest this, because I couldn't provide support for most
> of it and don't want to add to Gary's inbox; but I have been running
> selected versions of Master for el7 built with it for several months
> now. I build, at present, under Fedora 28, and don't use the special
> el7 repo option because its updated version of libvpx was incompatible
> with the kde plasma desktop.
>
> I think my local specfiles have a small number of tweaks that haven't
> made it to github. At the moment I can't access them. I'm looking at a
> kubuntu laptop...
>
> John P

Exactly what I was looking for - thanks! Like I mentioned, I compiled it,
but I do prefer building RPMS since they handle a lot of the system
conflicts / config, etc..
Re: EL7 RPMs [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Stephen Collier <stephenbcollier@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16/05/2019 3:16 pm, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> I am having a hard time finding EL7 RPMs for 0.30, but I just compiled it
> from source without issue.
>
> Is there any reason there are not and repos with it available?
>
> I assume some feature of the entire package will not build, but I do not
> know which ones. The configure script has become flooded with ffmpeg junk
> (even though ffmpeg is packaged - which is weird :) )
>
> I just do not like using make install binaries too much and prefer to make
> RPMs, but I cannot find a spec file for 30..
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

> I've been building EL6, EL7, f28,f29,f30 rpms based on atrpms for quite a
> while. It is completely automated, so it just builds based on git commits.
> http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/
>

> I'm finally getting around to upgrading from Myth 29 to 30 using scrpms.
I'm getting errors that the packages are not signed. Is there something I
missed? I suppose I could toggle the gpg check, but that's not normally
recommended. Any advice?

Re: EL7 RPMs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 7:33 PM Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Stephen Collier <
> stephenbcollier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 16/05/2019 3:16 pm, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> I am having a hard time finding EL7 RPMs for 0.30, but I just compiled it
>> from source without issue.
>>
>> Is there any reason there are not and repos with it available?
>>
>> I assume some feature of the entire package will not build, but I do not
>> know which ones. The configure script has become flooded with ffmpeg junk
>> (even though ffmpeg is packaged - which is weird :) )
>>
>> I just do not like using make install binaries too much and prefer to
>> make RPMs, but I cannot find a spec file for 30..
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg

>> I've been building EL6, EL7, f28,f29,f30 rpms based on atrpms for quite a
>> while. It is completely automated, so it just builds based on git commits.
>> http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/
>>

>> I'm finally getting around to upgrading from Myth 29 to 30 using scrpms.
> I'm getting errors that the packages are not signed. Is there something I
> missed? I suppose I could toggle the gpg check, but that's not normally
> recommended. Any advice?

Never mind. This was an error on the v29 packages, so once I removed them,
and did a clean install of the v30 packages, everything worked.